Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

NTRUDER;1866530']Thanks for this guys! Great fun to play around with together with some clan buddies. And you can do some pretty complex stuff too :)

Just some fun tip here if not known. AI actively uses vehicles and guns when arriving or when needed to go long distance.

So for example make a small zone 100 by 100 meter. Spawn empty vehicles and spawn groups of infantry totaly seperated.

Now move the zone at least 500 meter and voila they all board the vehicles, transport over there and get out in the zone they are to patrol. If the new zone has been made large (600 by 600 meter or bigger) they will even use the vehicles to patrol.

Now do the same and spawn transport helicopters and move the zone. Voila, even when empty they use it.

Now spawn some DOC camps with guns somewhere. On another location spawn some squads. Move the zone of the squads over the DOC camp and vooila they move there, arrive and man the guns (but dont make the zone HUGE else they go patrol first bigtime before moving into a gun as they have to find it first).

Just some tips on having fun if ya didnt know yet. This above is all thanks to UPSMON.

I´ve found a issue in the great mcc.

If you spawn a mobile spawn, then it will spawn one vehicle for each player. For example if you have 5 players then it will spawn 5 vehicles.

I hope you can fix it.

Great work!

I'm really impressed by the functionality of MCC

Any plans to support 'Isola di Capraïa" map too?

(http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111054)

This is a very nice map with lots of detail and a lot of potential for great missions..

Added Caparia to MCC maps (download the mirror again).

I´ve found a issue in the great mcc.

If you spawn a mobile spawn, then it will spawn one vehicle for each player. For example if you have 5 players then it will spawn 5 vehicles.

I hope you can fix it.

Fixed (download the mirror again).

Here´s an other issue:

If you press on "Mark" as mission maker then everyone can see the markers.

Here´s an other issue:

If you press on "Mark" as mission maker then everyone can see the markers.

Fixed, updated the download mirror, again. :o

Everytime after I end a hijack my nickname is duplicated in players list, and it seems it ruins the hijacked unit.

Everytime after I end a hijack my nickname is duplicated in players list, and it seems it ruins the hijacked unit.

Well that are the effects of switchplayer.

If this is an issue. I can do a workaround by deleteing the previous unit (saving gear, group exc) and re-creating it once the hijack is done.

I like the idea of deleting and re-creating of the previous unit.

Because when I hijacked an enemy unit, my previous unit came to live and went right into the battlezone by itself.

So after I was finished with my hijacked unit and went back to the previous one, I had a lot to travel on foot.

Maybe it had to do with a waypoint I set for myself on the map as a reference point.

Also I guess it could prevent problems with getting back from hijack when the previous unit got killed during control of a hijacked unit.

Thank you for your attention,

r:g

Hey, is it possible so only 1 person can see the mission generator tab or that only 1 class can use it or some?

Because I want to create a map where only I can do this and other peoples can't see or enter the mission maker thingy.

- Thanks in advance!

Hi, gman! Anyways the release is just great. The box generator and player controls are sweet)))

Another tiny bug reported by my squad. When I enter MM mode and teleport myself everyone can see the blue dot of my teleportation coordinates. Couldn't recheck and reproduce, had not time. Can you look at this?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Speederin, MCC is designed to be used by only one player at a time. Everyone can open it and see controls, but only one person can operate and use it - the firstly logged in mission maker.

Speederin, MCC is designed to be used by only one player at a time. Everyone can open it and see controls, but only one person can operate and use it - the firstly logged in mission maker.

Well, is there anyway i can hide the action "> Mission Generator" From showing up in the action menu on any other classes then 1 or some? I've seen this before that only 1 person can use the MCC and no one else can use or see it or see how to log in and so on.

It is possible by a script. removeAction does remove this from showing up. But you need a good script which will track your player and add it and remove from others.

It is possible by a script. removeAction does remove this from showing up. But you need a good script which will track your player and add it and remove from others.

Do you know any of these scripts? :P

Hi, gman! Anyways the release is just great. The box generator and player controls are sweet)))

Another tiny bug reported by my squad. When I enter MM mode and teleport myself everyone can see the blue dot of my teleportation coordinates.

Thanks mate glad you are enjoying it. About the blue dot. It is comming from the F2 marker system or might be even Vanila thing. But I've found out something funny if I use the MM tools's teleport (Main menu) the dot isn't teleported with me if I use the UM's teleport (Unit Managment) the dot do teleport with me. I'll reserch it a bit and post a fix for it.

Well, is there anyway i can hide the action "> Mission Generator" From showing up in the action menu on any other classes then 1 or some? I've seen this before that only 1 person can use the MCC and no one else can use or see it or see how to log in and so on.

The short answer is yes with some init.sqf file change (like if (name player == "Sppderin") then { addaction thigy).

The long answer is why whould you want to do that? the action menu is there for everyone so people can make mission on turns without physically uploading missions to the server (less downtime more playtime) and for people to adjust view distance and grass clutters for better FPS. The rest of controls won't work for someone who isn't the mission maker.

F2 script probably runs over all units in group to put a little marker on them. As long as you're still in the group it's not surprising the marker stays on you. Then again the script might work in other ways, not sure how much it was changed since the last time I looked at it nor did I ever go into it. But in any case this shouldn't be something that is hard to fix either by editing the markers script or working around it depending on how it works (for example leaving and rejoining the group if it goes by group members).

And as Shay said, as long as you are the first person on the server to do something in the menus, nobody else will be able to do anything, at least not until you log out as mission maker (or disconnect?).

And as Shay said, as long as you are the first person on the server to do something in the menus, nobody else will be able to do anything, at least not until you log out as mission maker (or disconnect?).

Nope even after disconnecting the mission maker stays in place. The variable is stored on server side so he stays MM until he presses logout or a server admin has booted the mission.

Mainly usefull on crashes.

Useful but also might cause problems. Say his power/interenet is cut out, nobody can take over. Maybe would be best to set a time limit on it, so if he disconnects for more than 5 minutes the MM position becomes open again?

Useful but also might cause problems. Say his power/interenet is cut out, nobody can take over. Maybe would be best to set a time limit on it, so if he disconnects for more than 5 minutes the MM position becomes open again?

Admin slot as backup?

Well if a tactical nuke falls on his house its also an issue. I thinks a bit of chasing ghosts is it. The MM disconnects and cannot get on server then. Well select a new mission, its not like we try to get a rocket to the moon:D

Lol, now we're talking about gettin' me killed for some reason? xD

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

So, how or what do i change in the Init. file, or whats the code for hide action? Because if i type like:

this removeaction > Mission Generator

in a on act or some, i get that ">" is an invalid number.

So, how or what do i change in the Init. file, or whats the code for hide action? Because if i type like:

this removeaction > Mission Generator

in a on act or some, i get that ">" is an invalid number.

change that in the init file

// Initialize and load the pop up menu
nul=[] execVM "mcc\pop_menu\mcc_init_menu.sqf";

To that

if (name player == "shay_gman") then 
{nul=[] execVM "mcc\pop_menu\mcc_init_menu.sqf";};

I'm not sure it the player name should be with or without "".

Admin slot as backup?

Sickboy, is there any way to know who is the admin without maintaining a name list?

change that in the init file

nul=[] execVM "mcc\pop_menu\mcc_init_menu.sqf";

To that

if (name player == "shay_gman") then 
{nul=[] execVM "mcc\pop_menu\mcc_init_menu.sqf";};

I'm not sure it the player name should be with or without "".

Okey, so this will only make my name able to see the > Mission Generator thingy pop up?

Well actually it will make only me to be able to see the mission generator but if you change "shay_gman" for "speederin" it will be only you. ;)