Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Did it give no way to make it?. oh man :(. I downloaded the ace mod and all things for the mission control center. Please can anyone edit the mission control center that 2people or more can use the mission maker rights? please anyone who can programm make it please please please

just made a test.

So map mission used for test is zargabad, mcc version is 1.53, doing a rapid test at mission maker spawn location, map coords: 0335,0159.

Selected a unit of basic us infantry rifleman, i only see a flashing infantry unit for a second when clicking "apply" on the x button menu:

arma2oa2011021316570461.th.jpg

rolling up the mouse for a long time, no visible unit in reticule cursor. Pressing space giving me a message "object placed":

arma2oa2011021316572655.th.jpg

no unit visible, nothing on 2d map too:

arma2oa2011021316574161.th.jpg

but you're right about the unit being created if i press delete here is what i see:

arma2oa2011021316582028.th.jpg

in the list i can see some unit named.

Also experiencing the same problem w/ the 3d placement. Used to just be able to roll the mouse wheel up for a little bit and the unit/vehicle would appear from below the surface in v1.52, but now I roll and roll and roll and the unit never shows in v1.53. Also seeing the same quick flash of the unit upon using the "x" feature, only to see it disappear immediately.

Rolling the mouse wheel up is no longer fixing this problem in v1.53... anyone else??

Did it give no way to make it?. oh man :(. I downloaded the ace mod and all things for the mission control center. Please can anyone edit the mission control center that 2people or more can use the mission maker rights? please anyone who can programm make it please please please

It can be done if your know your way in scripting a bit. You have to go into the dialog script hpp (menu 1, 2 and such) in "mcc\dialog" and remover the "if (name player == mcc_missionmaker) then {".

Also experiencing the same problem w/ the 3d placement. Used to just be able to roll the mouse wheel up for a little bit and the unit/vehicle would appear from below the surface in v1.52, but now I roll and roll and roll and the unit never shows in v1.53. Also seeing the same quick flash of the unit upon using the "x" feature, only to see it disappear immediately.

Rolling the mouse wheel up is no longer fixing this problem in v1.53... anyone else??

Sorry I missed superdeluxe post. I'll attend to it this evening. As it appear to be a bug of some sort. A fixed version and the new features willl be released Tonight Thanks for the testing guys.

Yahoo! Tonight is a party! In Russia we have a holiday tomorrow dedicated to the Defender of the Fatherhood. That's a nice gift)

I tested the Unicode problem and it's a very unpredictable issue dealing with Windows and some of it's API stuff incorrectly used inside text applications, but I've found a working solution for all those poor guyz trying to create briefings in MCC in their native non-latin language. :yay: It all worked when using ArmaEDIT to operate with safed text. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455) Shay, please, make some noticable remark about breifings like: "If you're experiencing problems with Unicode (Cyrillic, Russian etc.) texts in MCC breifings during SAFE-textfile-LOAD procedure, please, use ArmaEDIT to paste safed data, save it into files and loading back to MCC later."

Another feature request queue:

1. Please, can you create a separate file for localizing your interface and internal strings? I manged to localize some parts of MCC into Russian today for being sure it's possible. I suggest NOT using the stringtables, because it's tootally inconvenient. Instead I suggest to declare simple string variables inside a separate sqf file (en.sqf, ru.sqf etc. and change language in MCC ini file like "language=ru;") and include that file on MCCC init. I insist :j: on adding all the textual data to it, particularly the tasks ("TASK FAILED", "TASK CANCELED", buttons "Fail", "Success" appearing onscreen, breifing sections names). But making localizable MCC will require making every script file dealing with localizzed variables be in UNICODE (UTF-8). As ACE team learned from localizeng ACEmod this requires putting some uncode character in the beginning of the file. It's also possible in notepad++ for example, you just hit Encoding -> UTF-8 (without BOM) make any change to text and save your file.
  2. For further improvement of breifing system and tasks I would suggest adding ability to create tasks and breifing articles visible only to one side (faction) and invisible for others.
  3. Another cool feature is to create fully custom tasks and breifing texts, not only the final inner description\content. A separate textbox field to define the name of the article (the one that is for example is now predefined for a button Friendly Forces, Mission etc.). Same custom text field for "TASK FAILED\SUCCESSFUL\CANCELED" and "Mission Accomplished\Failed". This will be totally wicked!
  4. Also, please, add the ASSIGN button to task interface.

Thank you! :yay:

3D editor issue

Ok judging by the pics of Superdelux something is wrong. At the center of the 3D editor marker there should be a baseball which I don't see. Now where is it? Terror Wolf are you experiancing the same issue? Do you guys have the original ArmA 2 or just OA? that might be the issue as the basball is only in ArmA2 I can provide a quick fix around it if that is the issue. Let me know guys.

(http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455) Shay, please, make some noticable remark about breifings like: "If you're experiencing problems with Unicode (Cyrillic, Russian etc.) texts in MCC breifings during SAFE-textfile-LOAD procedure, please, use ArmaEDIT to paste safed data, save it into files and loading back to MCC later."

Thanks added it to the first post. About the requests I wrote them down on my todo list. Can gurntee when or will I get to it but I'll try.

Edited by shay_gman

It can be done if your know your way in scripting a bit. You have to go into the dialog script hpp (menu 1, 2 and such) in "mcc\dialog" and remover the "if (name player == mcc_missionmaker) then {".

Sorry I missed superdeluxe post. I'll attend to it this evening. As it appear to be a bug of some sort. A fixed version and the new features willl be released Tonight Thanks for the testing guys.

hmm can you say me how to script i dont know anything i tryed it but i then i get an error when i go in the multiplayer from arma 2 (i edited the pbo file co_mcc_sandbox_v153.utes with the Text Editor) i dont have any programming programm

Edited by matze214

you need a .pbo packing tool to make it readable..

here is a list of some http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools#PBO_Files

after unziping the .pbo you go to ../CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V153.utes\mcc\dialogs

and open the files with "if (mcc_missionmaker == (name player))"

change then every variable with "if (mcc_missionmaker == (name player))" that it always match.

this mean

action = "if (1 == (1)) then {nul=[5] execVM 'mcc\general_scripts\jukebox\jukebox.sqf';} else {player globalchat 'Access Denied'};";};

i hope you can understand my chaos

and a "tiny" idea

is it possible to make a ammobox thats modified by the MM?

If you place this ammobox the MM can choose with a dialog all weapons/mags/items and he want to use.

and then the box spawns :-)

a long list with all Weapons is too long but maybe we can use some sub-categorys like they used in the proving ground mission

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11936

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Thanks added it to the first post. About the requests I wrote them down on my todo list. Can gurntee when or will I get to it but I'll try.

No worries, even if you will not add this all. It's ok. I understand. It's still one of ny favourite tools!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

and a "tiny" idea

If you place this ammobox the MM can choose with a dialog all weapons/mags/items and he want to use.

a long list with all Weapons is too long but maybe we can use some sub-categorys like they used in the proving ground mission

I support the request. It seems even more vital than any of my requests. Nice idea! :yay:

you need a .pbo packing tool to make it readable..

here is a list of some http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools#PBO_Files

after unziping the .pbo you go to ../CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V153.utes\mcc\dialogs

and open the files with "if (mcc_missionmaker == (name player))"

change then every variable with "if (mcc_missionmaker == (name player))" that it always match.

this mean

action = "if (1 == (1)) then {nul=[5] execVM 'mcc\general_scripts\jukebox\jukebox.sqf';} else {player globalchat 'Access Denied'};";};

i hope you can understand my chaos

and a "tiny" idea

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11936

Hmm i dont can this i made what you sayed and its gave like before only 1 mission maker not 2 or more. and no one can made things without mission maker rights

New version is postponed I guess?

Yeah it is working just need some more testing before I can publish it. So it will take a few more days.

Did a test of the fastroping, guys can fast rope no problem if its a human pilot.

Don't know mate. All I did is making the pilot go to autohover.

I tweaked it a bit more, maybe it will help. It's hard for me to fix it as I'm not getting the same behaviour as you do.

I'm not getting the same behaviour as you do.

May be we shall compare other addons we run with MCC? Their versions etc.

3D editor issue

Ok judging by the pics of Superdelux something is wrong. At the center of the 3D editor marker there should be a baseball which I don't see. Now where is it? Terror Wolf are you experiancing the same issue? Do you guys have the original ArmA 2 or just OA? that might be the issue as the basball is only in ArmA2 I can provide a quick fix around it if that is the issue. Let me know guys.

Running CO (ArmA 2 & OA)

I can see the baseball as a placeholder.

Running CO (ArmA 2 & OA)

I can see the baseball as a placeholder.

Well ArmA will never stop to alude me. For some it is working perfectly for others not too much. V1.5.4 is ready anyway I need to make some changes to the readme and introduction video. So probably tomorrow or the day after. If this still accure at 1.5.4 then I'll get to the buttom of it.

Well ArmA will never stop to alude me. For some it is working perfectly for others not too much. V1.5.4 is ready anyway I need to make some changes to the readme and introduction video. So probably tomorrow or the day after. If this still accure at 1.5.4 then I'll get to the buttom of it.

soooo... whats the word on DAC if I might?:j:

Sleep;1865540']soooo... whats the word on DAC if I might?:j:

No I still don't have a picture of it in my head' date=' if any one do have please let me know.

Now for the fun part::yay:

[b']MCC Sandbox V1.5.[/b]4 is out with a new menual - Read it!

Download links updated on the front page.

Change log:

- 3D editor: Hold space to place a tank release it after you moved the raticle. Fixed tanks jumping.

- 3D editor: Changed some code. Probably will fix the mousewheel problames some had.

- 3D editor: Fixed the invisable walls bug, you can now open it everywhere.

- Box Generator: Added in game custom gear and box generator dialog.

- ACE Spectator: Added for MM from main menu. MM can break spectator if respawn is disabled so he will keep control of the mission.

- Unit management: Revised. added ability to switch between units and group.

- Unit management:units rolles will show in the list. As "Gunner", "Driver" and the class of the vehicle they are in.

- Unit management:when selecting a unit or a group a marker will appear on the MM min-map marking the location of that unit only.

- Unit management:Added options Mark. Will flash the locations of all units in the map as NATO markers for 20 second including hirarcy and types of units.

- Unit management:Added Hijak. MM can switch to other AI in the missions. MM can switch back or he will be switched back when the hijacked unit is dead.

- Unit management:High Command: Assighn player as a commander. Will give him access to the High Command module.

- Unit management:High Command: High Command add/remove groups. Add or remove groups from the commander high command pannel in game.

- Triggers: Linked triggers to tasks and end mission buttons. You can now make a trigger to complete a task or finish the mission.

- Silencer Script: When adding a silencer the script will replace any non-sd mags to sd mags and vice versa when removing the silencer. Mags in backpacks will not be changed.

- Undercover Agents: Script tweeked, getting close to enemy unit more then 20 meters for more then 6 seconds will blow the undercover agent cover.

- Undercover Agents: Added 2 bandages as initial gear.

highcommand.jpg

36244322.jpg

boxgen.jpg

Wonderful ! Trying it out now mate.

Not having tried it this minute, is there another way in Hijack (apart from death!) to get back to the MM ?

Wonderful ! Trying it out now mate.

Not having tried it this minute, is there another way in Hijack (apart from death!) to get back to the MM ?

I guess saying "read the manual" isn't enough, there is an action to get back.

As I said ... at that time I had 2 seconds previously downloaded it (nevermind read the manual) :)

Thanks for the work on this mate !

Thanks for this guys! Great fun to play around with together with some clan buddies. And you can do some pretty complex stuff too :)