Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Tried MCC on Lingor with my clan buddies last night. How awesome it was! :) I'm just getting the hang of it so it will be even more awesome after a few goes.

Thanks for making this, GJ :)

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
spelling

Well the CAN_COLLIDE didn't work but the Space thing did. So now the preview object won't appear until you release Space key. Thanks Zvukoper.

Strange thing that this behavior is happaning only with tanks.

I'll release it in next release ofc with even some more sweets.

We should scratch our head hard to put DAC init to.

I'm glad I could help! You're welcome :bounce3:

You can't imgaine how it's cool to hear this

"...with some more sweets" â„¢ from you))) But feed us with some detail abt sweets, so we could wait new release more impatiently :yay:

Thanks)

NTRUDER;1857060']Tried MCC on Lingor with my clan buddies last night. How awesome it was! :) I'm just getting the hang of it so it will be even more awesome after a few goes.

Thanks for making this' date=' GJ :)

/ ']NTRUDER

Thanks Ntruder, don't be afraid to post requests/ideas or ask for help.

I'm glad I could help! You're welcome :bounce3:

You can't imagine how it's cool to hear this

"...with some more sweets" â„¢ from you))) But feed us with some detail abt sweets, so we could wait new release more impatiently :yay:

Thanks)

Well here are some things that I already did:

1. Added spectator script button to MM. As Kremator wished so much.

2. Changed the 3D placer so it won't make the jumping tanks again, Thank you.

3. Fixed some problems with the 3d when you couldn't spawn farther away then 5000 meters.

But my next tasks will probably be:

1. Combine it with DAC.

2. Add the take control thing; apparently people think it's useful for clans.

3. Add a set commander button (commander will have the high command options for easy WP placing and task creating) which is useful in large clans or to those who like playing with AI at their side.

4. Add a "recruit AI groups" menu for finishing the construction module.

5. Maybe I'll add a "show unit" button although I'm not convinced that i'd like the MM to be able to see enemies in his map. So maybe it will just flash their position for a few seconds.

Edited by shay_gman

1. Added spectator script button to MM. As Kremator wished so much.

WOOHOO ! Cheers mate. At the moment I'm using the 3D placement tool to observe units :)

It's VERY useful to track those that are cheating (or looking at odd AI behaviour!)

Indeed. I'll usually prep all the zones and stuff pre-mission. Sometimes though as a mission maker I need more control over the outcome (e.g. accurate placement of enemy strongpoints and positions for set piece scripted elements). MCC provides an excellent generic framework around the mission, but for detailed stuff I'd need to flick to RTE, and I don't want to be doing that mid mission. Either way, I love the flexibility and power MCC provides to enhance a ready made mission. Awesome tool and keep up the good work.

I have been using MCC a long time since I became a member of Marsoc, the way I make missions if they require very precise placement of units or scripted triggers is to simply

1. open the editor

2. save an empty mission to create the folder

3. copy all files from the mcc mission into that new folder

4. Export to mp in the editor

5. launch the mission

6. start RTE and export everything I need and merge it with sqm

this way I can have the best out of both MCC and the 2d editor

unfortunately I was stupid enough to update my RTE capture and now I can't merge anymore :(

Is anybody else having issues with the fastroping?

For me and my team, anytime anybody selects the "go down rope" option, the pilot cuts the ropes at that instant. Anybody else having this problem?

Is anybody else having issues with the fastroping?

For me and my team, anytime anybody selects the "go down rope" option, the pilot cuts the ropes at that instant. Anybody else having this problem?

Well I just tested it on Uthes with dedicated server using Venome/Chinook and Little bird from the LHD to the island. Fastrope worked 3 out of 3 no issue found.

Actually the only thing the AI is doing is getting into outo hover 20 meters above ground and stay put.

Can you provide more details about your issue. What island, what heli, which mods are you using, dedicated server exc?

Its on Lingor, and the chopper were using is the "ADuke's Helos" pack. Were running full ACE, Truemods, RobertHammer everything, Shacktac stuff, and a bunch of other minor addons that i doubt would have any effect on whats going on here.

What happens is the chopper comes to a hover and sits where it needs to just fine. After a short delay the ropes drop and everybody gets the option to "slide down rope." As soon as anybody hits "slide down rope" the bastard pilot cuts the ropes, and anybody that was on the ropes falls to the ground.

What happens is the chopper comes to a hover and sits where it needs to just fine. After a short delay the ropes drop and everybody gets the option to "slide down rope." As soon as anybody hits "slide down rope" the bastard pilot cuts the ropes, and anybody that was on the ropes falls to the ground.

Hahahah its a conspiracy!

Sorry but thats just funny:j:

Lol I have to agree. It is funny. Usually the damn AI pilot doesn't move even if he hit by RPG. What does he do after he move? does he return to the LHD? Try different Chopper or maybe some other Island or drop zone (Lingor have some issue with finding empty spot in the forests). But it is funny.

No matter where i set the drop zone this happens. I have tested it at the airport over the open tarmac, it has nothing to do with the jungles or anything like that.

*** EDITED***

I did some more testing on this... The pilot stays in a hover just fine, he doesnt move even after cutting the ropes on us. But he waits about 2-3 seconds after the ropes are deployed and then cuts them every time. A new rope is spawned in the chopper, and it can be deployed just fine, but again 2-3 seconds later he cuts them.

Also, in the normal US West UH-60, i dont even get the option to deploy the ropes, wtf!

Edited by Lt Gunner

Tested in on a dedi in Thirsk with UH60 Black hawk. It is true there where no ropes in the chopper (due to the fact that the cargo was full, fixed will update in next release) so I grabbed one from the box. I did two fast ropes with no problames at all.

I did noticed that if the wind is too high the pilot cut the ropes if he moves too far from the LZ. So check you wind speed.

Basiclly all MCC is doing is to spawn the chopper, the ropes, get the chopper to the lz and make it auto hover. The deployment of rope is made by the player.

Yeah i understood everything else, and i knew that normally we had to carry the rope ourselves. I was aware of the fact that the script spawned in the rope already, so i didnt think grabbing one ourselves. Ill use just do that though till the next update.

I didn't know you can deploy ropes if there are any in the chopper carg o.o

Now that might be the problem or the solution all the tests I did where while I was carrying the rope in my inventory.

on page 39 of the readme, it states the following under the fastrope description:

Choose on for fast roping. The helicopter will not land but hover 25 meters above the LZ. 2 36 meters rope will automatically added to the helicopter cargo.

If we have to have the rope in our inventroy (which is understood as the normal way it works) then what is the point of having the rope added to the chopper? With it added, it makes it seem like we dont need to grab a rope before getting on the chopper.

on page 39 of the readme, it states the following under the fastrope description:

If we have to have the rope in our inventroy (which is understood as the normal way it works) then what is the point of having the rope added to the chopper? With it added, it makes it seem like we dont need to grab a rope before getting on the chopper.

Well while making it I didn't knew that you can fast rope if there is a rope in the chopper's cargo (actually i'm not sure even now. Need to test it). So I thught "Hey if someone want to fastrope he need to spawn the dust-off chopper and a ropes box". So I added 2 36 meters by default to the dust off chopper so even if you are inside and didn't bring a rope with ya, you can always access the gear of the vehicle you are in and grab a rope from it.

So can you conferm that if you do have rope in your ineventory the fast rope is working properly?

makes sense... smart thinking lol. Guess we just misunderstood the intent of what was written in the readme, and since the ropes do deploy thought you had written in some kinda workaround to make it work.

I'll test it next chance i get, the guys are running an MSO mission right now :)

I've had a big test for MCC on Saturday. In general all's awesome.

First of all I need to say I unpacked MCC and copied it inside a fresh blank mission and work there. So it's not out of the box version.

1. Start mission. Choose east e.g. Place east respawn zone inside a hangar on airfield. You will respawn in the middle of the map at heigh of some 100m and fall on the ground and die. Not a big problem)) Just a surprize))
  2. Randomly (cannot reproduce intentionally) when I press 3 editor (not RTE) and click on a map the camera appears in some random place or a map centre and WASD is not working properly as if something is wrong with cam attachment. Nothing helps until I restart the mission.
  3. Spectator is needed badly for MM. Kremator is right. 3d editor is not convenients for finding some good places around.
  4. Was surprized that delayed trigger is not capturing Failin\Success\WP\Cancel task. Would be awesome feature to capture it!
  5. For some reason could not relocate evac landing zone. After I relocate it it seems not working at all. Hmmm... May be there's no evac at all. Need I place some markers somewhere? Is it dependent on smt?
  6. Can trigger\zone be supplied with a rotation angle? Like those we do in 2d editor with shift, or at least define a 360 degree? Sometimes need more crazy shapes for zones.
  7. It seems that Safe\Load is not unicode friendly when you use something other than latin symbols. I mean, If I have any kind of information in MCC in Cyrillic (Russian) It's not repoduced on load. Cannot be sure if it's MCC bug or CopyToClipboard function's, but breifings are useless in my case, though very very convenient and handy! Never created any breifings or tasks for my squad because it's tiresome and freaking time consuming, but MCC is a miracle for this. But when I load back the safed text - all the Russian\Cyrillic symbols become ???????? ??? ??? (question marks). Same for other safed data, but it's not critical because it's internal (like Russian unt's names etc. not seen stuff)

The only way it works is when I press SAFE, restart mission and then press LOAD without clearing clipboard. As soon as I copy a safed text from any oter source - it's encoding is lost. I used notepad++ and notepad, tried ANSI, UTF-8, cp1251... tried almost every combination but no use.

May be I do something wrong? Please, try to copy some Russian text to a task or breifing, safe it, save to a document somwhere and copy it back from the document and load into an empty MCC. I hope it's just my mistake and can be explained.

I've had a big test for MCC on Saturday. In general all's awesome. .

Thanks mate. I appricate the testing.

[*]Start mission. Choose east e.g. Place east respawn zone inside a hangar on airfield. You will respawn in the middle of the map at heigh of some 100m and fall on the ground and die. Not a big problem)) Just a surprize)).

Start zone use BIS find empty position function. Sometimes espically in crowses area it make the players do a HALO jump without parachute. :)

The other option is just set pos but then sometimes it makes player stuck inside buildings. Try put the start zone at open space.

[*]Randomly (cannot reproduce intentionally) when I press 3 editor (not RTE) and click on a map the camera appears in some random place or a map centre and WASD is not working properly as if something is wrong with cam attachment. Nothing helps until I restart the mission.

3D editor has been reworked a bit. So the invisable fences will not appear in next version. So it's fix on release.

[*]Spectator is needed badly for MM. Kremator is right. 3d editor is not convenients for finding some good places around.

It's allready done, will be released in next release with new stuff.

[*]Was surprized that delayed trigger is not capturing Failin\Success\WP\Cancel task. Would be awesome feature to capture it!.

Yeah I was just too lazy, I'll fix it probably in the next release.

[*]For some reason could not relocate evac landing zone. After I relocate it it seems not working at all. Hmmm... May be there's no evac at all. Need I place some markers somewhere? Is it dependent on smt?

Did the chopper spawned? Did the pilot spawned too? We did it alot. Relocating I mean. Well you probably messed something in the copying process. You should copy the marker from the LHD the one that it's spawn on. Or just copy the whole LHD to the new map.

[*]Can trigger\zone be supplied with a rotation angle? Like those we do in 2d editor with shift, or at least define a 360 degree? Sometimes need more crazy shapes for zones.

Well not as much as you know I'm a nood scripter, I am not a programer in RL and I didn't knew much on code till 6 months or so. So at the time I made the triggers I didn't knew as much as I know know. So sometimes I revise my work and redone it (like the new 3D editor and all of menu 1). I will redone it in time for a more user friendly and more functionality UI.

[*]It seems that Safe\Load is not unicode friendly when you use something other than latin symbols.

Don't know mate, if it is working if you safe and instantly load, and it only corrupted while pasting it to another editing application I say it something to do with unicode and not MCC. Try diffrent editors as txt file.

Thanks for the extensive testing I'm happy that almost all of your finidings are requests and not bugs. :yay:

Thanks for the answers. When I wrote the post above I guessed the Evac chopper depends on the LHZ marker.

Seems all of the issues are not serious\fixed.

I will give some more copypasting\safloading for Unicode again to be 100% sure where the problem lies.

One more question. The breifing buttons (Friendly, Enemy, Mission, Speial, support) texts in map mode are visible for everyone after I update? If to anyone is it possible to separate visibility?

Also, one more interesting suggestion for future versions.

Besides the breifing buttons (Friendly, Enemy, Mission, Speial, support) and task buttons (wp/ failed/ success) can there be a little text field, which substitutes the predefined text on a button. I mean you create not Friendly Forces article but with a custom text.

Did my tests on our dedi server. WITH a rope in my inventory, the ropes still get cut, but now its after the first person is just 1/4 of the way down the rope. Tested this with several players in the chopper, and alone.

Did my tests on our dedi server. WITH a rope in my inventory, the ropes still get cut, but now its after the first person is just 1/4 of the way down the rope. Tested this with several players in the chopper, and alone.

Jee that amaze me. I do start to believe it is a conspirecy. I checked with no such behavior. Can you test it using the same chopper with player as a pilot?

Can someone else confirm it please.

Hello My question is can i use the mcc with my friend also i mean(can he use the map maker rights and me too?) or can u guys say me how to make that i and my friend have map maker rights. Please answer me

One must log out as mission maker before the other one can become the mission maker. AFAIK it's made so that nobody can mess with the mission while another is making it. The easiest fix for you would be to "log out as mission maker" whenever you're not doing any editing so that your friend can edit during those times, and vice-versa.