Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

2nd post on the first page.........

I could swear that those filefront - mirrors read v1.52 as i looked for the download ... but thanks a lot for the heads up, saved my evening :)

Uh I kinda have some problems, the 3d editor is not working as it should

I press X select something to spawn, click Apply, the object appears for like half a second and then dissapears.

Uh I kinda have some problems, the 3d editor is not working as it should

I press X select something to spawn, click Apply, the object appears for like half a second and then dissapears.

So the 3D editor is working great :bounce3:

Apply would change the kind of object you are spawning "Space" key is used for placing, Ctrl for alighment and mouse wheel to set hight.

Hi there :)

First of all, thanks a lot for that great tool :)

Found about it yesterday and experimented with it all night long.

But FYI i got same problem, everything works almost fine except for the "3d spawner", like that other poster said: with X i can select the unit and see it for a second, then it disappears. Pressing space should then place/spawn that unit but it doesn't. Message says "Object placed" but nothing appears, checked also on map, no spawn. I 'm still able to use fully the tool by placin/spawning units via the RTE editor instead. Also tried the delete function without having a unit placed to see what would happen. To my surprise, I was able to delete some elements i couldn't see even if like i just said, it was a fresh new blank mission.

Probably elevation problem, sometimes the object being spawned in the land down under. Just roll you mouse wheel up till the object appears.

We tested it last night and even did a couple of missions so I don't believe there is a bug. And the fact you see a flashing units means that the unit have been created and attached to the center of the screen. Just roll you mouse whell up till you see it.

As soon as you place a zone it then gives you access.

BTW Kremator, Now that we did the unit managment taking over a unit might be added since it's only 2 minutes work. Although I'm not sure people will want it so I might add a hint message to all when the MM take control of a unit.

Shay, taking control of a unit by MM is a fantastic feature. Do whatever needed, add hints but please spend the 2 mins to implement it. Thank you!

And the fact you see a flashing units means that the unit have been created and attached to the center of the screen. Just roll you mouse whell up till you see it.
Nope. I only see the flashing unit when selecting it with X when clicking on "Apply". When pressing space i don't see it flashing. Rolling mouse wheel does nothing.

For example i just did a new test, and selected a unit then pressed space 5 times, got 5 bips and message "objects placed". But still no visible units present, checked on the 2d map, no units spawned at all.

The units are not created despite the message.

Also, when pressing the delete button whith the cursor on nothing, a message appears with the a list of units groups (1-1-M:1B etc) each time i press delete, it's deleting one of the group on the list. Weird i cannot make units spawn, but i can delete group units presets even whithout seeing them.

@SuperDelux, Strange if you can delete them they sure have been created.

Try again, roll the mouse wheel for a while and please let me know where did you test it (map and location you can post grid ref if you feel like)

BTW Kremator, Now that we did the unit managment taking over a unit might be added since it's only 2 minutes work. Although I'm not sure people will want it so I might add a hint message to all when the MM take control of a unit.

Cool gman.

In the interim I had tried to get VTS and MMC working together ... which they do, with some dialogs on VTS a little wonky. I won't be releasing it publicly however, as I totally agree that VTS and MMC do different jobs.

What WOULD be superb is a coming together of the great minds of MMC and VTS to make a dog's danglies version that does EVERYTHING :) But it is up to you guys, although the community would go bananas to have a mission/creation tool :)

@SuperDelux, Strange if you can delete them they sure have been created.

Try again, roll the mouse wheel for a while and please let me know where did you test it (map and location you can post grid ref if you feel like)

Just made a test.

So map mission used for test is Zargabad, MCC version is 1.53, doing a rapid test at mission maker spawn location, map coords: 0335,0159.

Selected a unit of basic US infantry rifleman, I only see a flashing infantry unit for a second when clicking "Apply" on the X button menu:

arma2oa2011021316570461.th.jpg

Rolling up the mouse for a long time, no visible unit in reticule cursor. Pressing space giving me a message "Object placed":

arma2oa2011021316572655.th.jpg

No unit visible, nothing on 2d map too:

arma2oa2011021316574161.th.jpg

But you're right about the unit being created if i press delete here is what i see:

arma2oa2011021316582028.th.jpg

In the list i can see some unit named.

Recently I was fooling around with MCC and had a bug.

I was stuck inside 3d editor mode, but without any features. I was able to only fly around.

It happened when I was killed by a unit I've spawned :) I was in the "Spawn 3d" mode placing stuff when some of newly placed units shot me... It's not a major bug. Just in case you didn't know.

One more bug or may be just an unfinished feature. I tried to place a tank in Spawn 3d mode but just after I pressed spacebar the tank jumped spinning some 50 metres in the air and fell on his top :) I know it can happen because After I spawned it another tank instance appeared right in this place under my cursor, so the models collide and one of them jumps. May be you can add some code which would check such overlaps? Or at least a function to not to place the new instance of an object until the spacebar released by MM?

Another question about the MMC internal content. I guess you have PBO's for every map because MCC requires some tuning for every map it's launched on. But I guess there's something common for all of them and only one part of MCC is different (e.g. contains some coords or map specific data). Can you tell where this data is stored and which elements are common.

I realized I will have to unpack MCC sandbox maps and use it as a starting template for my missions (but I'll change units, gear, sides, add some scripts and complex triggers). Basically I need my own setup for the mission but with all the power of MCCS to go GameMaster for our roleplay episodes and to simplify some editing routines.

Edited by zvukoper

Greetings to Siberia;)

The killed while in MCC 3D bug is known. It is actually going back to ArmA constructionCam (the same camera you use in the construction module). I will try to fix it in next release. The construction camera is great it's agile and makes 3D world pretty east, but it has it's flaws like the killed bug and sometimes objects spawn under ground so you have to mouse wheel them up.

About the tanks jumpings. This is an issue. I noticed it before and made a delay of a second between each spawn. Then I tested it and found out the one second delay is really no fun while placing sandbags or other fortifications that need rapid placement. So I deleted it. Then I came out with the idea of not being able to create the object if there is a close by object. But then it was even more frustrating because I couldn't make precise enough spawn like inside bunkers and such. Well for now it only happening with armor that they can overlap. My workaround is place it abit off the ground, the fall won't hurt it (demn sometimes they fall off a C-130 in arma and the stay intact whle crushing to the ground) I believe there is no fall machnezim for ArmA's vehicle. If some one have any idea for another workaround let me know.

About the map. Actually the only thing you should keep in the mission.sqm is nothing.

MCC isn't build on the map you can build you own mission and just copy the mission.sqm of your mission and rewrite the exicting one and you'll have a full MCC working on your mission.

The only expection are this:

1. LHD spawn places are defined by markers. You can copy (ctl +c) and paste the whole shagang to your own mission. You can alighn the LHD how you see fit it won't change the spawn direction as the vehicles on the LHD are aligned to the LHD itself.

2. Server logic - you'll need it if you want to get MCC chat messages.

3. Gear ,markers, silencer and save gear scripts are defined in the unit init line. Ofcourse you can copy it to your mission if you like but u can also don't if you don't want to use it.

We in MARSOC do use MCC as a 2D editor backbone alot. I know there are something you STILL can't do in MCC but can do in the editor, But there are a lot more stuff you can do in MCC and you can't or it will take you hours to do it in the editor.

BTW as always please place your bugs/requests/complians or bank account in here. Dreams are ment to be fulfill.

Greetings from Sibeeria with beer.. uhm.. love I mean))) :) :D

Thank you very much. It's all clear now.

Concerning the workaround for jumping tanks: "a function to not to place the new instance of an object until the spacebar released by MM?"

So that the new object is placed on SPACEBAR KEY DOWN abd never spawn the next instance under the cursor UNIT SPACEBAR KEY IS UP. That would be very convenient. You can still place objects rapidly and overlapping where needed. If overlap is critical then you just hold psace bar and move cursor away, then release it for tanks not to jump)) I hope I made myself clear) And wonder is there such a functionality in Arma as catching KEY UP\DOWN

As for wishes. If you ever plan to implement "impersonating" (taking control over) a unit then please, consider an ability of making some other player take contorl. For example as now I can choose a list of users to teleport by a button and a click and the same logics to impesonate: I choose one player on the left, choose one bottie on the right - click a button nearby "BECOME SOMEONE ELSE" and tat's it.

Isnt the bouncing tanks to do with collision on placement? Can objects be given CANCOLLIDE status until dropped ? That may help.

We're starting to use this a bit more in VCB, although predominantly still only for training and low intensity ops. It has so far proven very successful and easy to tweak to our needs.

My preferred method is to build most of the elements of a regular mission as normal (bases, FOBs, enemy strongpoints, markers), add in the mission set piece events (using UPSMON or regular WP & Trigger) then slap MCC Sandbox in to generate the atmosphere and control the pace of the mission as we run it. Very cool :)

Isnt the bouncing tanks to do with collision on placement? Can objects be given CANCOLLIDE status until dropped ? That may help.

What is it CanColide I'm not familiar with this command is it in the vehicle cfg? If so I can't change vehicle Cfgs in a script. I'll try to do the space up trick should be briliiant.

We're starting to use this a bit more in VCB, although predominantly still only for training and low intensity ops. It has so far proven very successful and easy to tweak to our needs.

My preferred method is to build most of the elements of a regular mission as normal (bases, FOBs, enemy strongpoints, markers), add in the mission set piece events (using UPSMON or regular WP & Trigger) then slap MCC Sandbox in to generate the atmosphere and control the pace of the mission as we run it. Very cool :)

Cool and nice to hear. Although you can do it all in MCC and safe it (markers/tasks/triggers and obejct placing included) and load it in game without server updates.

What is it CanColide I'm not familiar with this command is it in the vehicle cfg? If so I can't change vehicle Cfgs in a script. I'll try to do the space up trick should be briliiant.
Special properties can be: "NONE", "FLY" and "FORM". "CAN_COLLIDE" creates the vehicle exactly where asked, not checking if others objects can cross its 3D model.
=> http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle_array

Cheers Cyborg11 ... saved me doing a hunt at work :)

I'm sure that I've seen others using CAN_COLLIDE to help with placement before.

Keep up the good work gman :)

Well the CAN_COLLIDE didn't work but the Space thing did. So now the preview object won't appear until you release Space key. Thanks Zvukoper.

Strange thing that this behavior is happaning only with tanks.

I'll release it in next release ofc with even some more sweets.

We should scratch our head hard to put DAC init to.

Cool and nice to hear. Although you can do it all in MCC and safe it (markers/tasks/triggers and obejct placing included) and load it in game without server updates.

Indeed. I'll usually prep all the zones and stuff pre-mission. Sometimes though as a mission maker I need more control over the outcome (e.g. accurate placement of enemy strongpoints and positions for set piece scripted elements). MCC provides an excellent generic framework around the mission, but for detailed stuff I'd need to flick to RTE, and I don't want to be doing that mid mission. Either way, I love the flexibility and power MCC provides to enhance a ready made mission. Awesome tool and keep up the good work.