Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

can you give the MM a "planning mode"?

sometimes ill plan the next step of the mission but i must wait til the squad thats waiting for orders in my next objectiv left the city..

jes i can run a second copy of Arma and plan there, but its not perfect.

is there a way? please say jes :-)

sometimes ill plan the next step of the mission but i must wait til the squad thats waiting for orders in my next objectiv left the city..

I am not sure what you try to ask here? What is it you try to plan? What you try to plan and what exactly do you expect? I dont see how running a second copy of Arma solves anything as clear enough i dont understand your question.

Only issue i understand is that a squad needs to be not in the place where you want stuff arranged or something like that, but i dont fully understand your question/request.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Thanks!

I'm working on the zSync repository setup / usage documentation atm,

the basics are up already; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+zSync_Setup

Hey thats pretty cool indeed to add your own mods and missions in there. That i think can be very usefull for making missions and (private) mods available.

Not sure what you are asking.

You can postpone MCC action by using triggers. The triggers can be something like when west is detected or is availabe and so on. Or they can be activated by radio trigger.

So let say you want to plan the next step of your mission. Just go to menu #4 trigger section, give a name for the trigger let say "trigger1" choose radio trigger alpha for example and press create trigger. Now map click anywhere (it dosn't matter because it's a radio trigger and not a zone related trigger). The "stop capturing" at the top of the screen will be enabled. Now make all the actions you want to postpone (keep in mind that the only limition that I know is that you can't load a saved trigger that spawns groups) . When you finished press the "Stop capturing" button again. and u'll see a new trigger or radio trigger on the map/radio.

Now you can trigger it by activating it's conditions (zone or radio).

Hey thats pretty cool indeed to add your own mods and missions in there. That i think can be very usefull for making missions and (private) mods available.
Yea I thought you might like that ;-)

The idea is that you can also specify optional mods, so the user knows which mods you allow (e.g sound mods), next to the required mods.

The best thing is that you can still take mods from the official rSync network, next to the mods on your custom zSync repository, giving you a lot of flexibility and control :)

BTW if some can confirm that markers and task sync is fixed for jip that will be great.

Sorry to say, but it still seems not to be working.

Just tested on our dedicated server this way:

1. Started MCC 1.52 on utes

2. Logged into MCC via create zone

3. Placed Marker with text "test", color green

4. Placed Marker with text "test2" color red

5. Closed the MCC

6. Clanmate joined the server

7. Clanmate could not see both of the markers

Thank you for your attention,

r:g

Sorry to say, but it still seems not to be working.

Just tested on our dedicated server this way:

1. Started MCC 1.52 on utes

2. Logged into MCC via create zone

3. Placed Marker with text "test", color green

4. Placed Marker with text "test2" color red

5. Closed the MCC

6. Clanmate joined the server

7. Clanmate could not see both of the markers

Thank you for your attention,

r:g

Oops I did it again ;). Fixed now.

so dose the MHQ available only for MM bug and the mobile spawn has been tested on dedi with no bugs found.

Did I missed anything?

I'll try to find out someone willing to do some MP testing with me.

It will be released in next version with some new sweets.

Edited by shay_gman

OOOOOooooohhhhh. Looking forward to it !

Shay, you're genius! Amazing work!

My squad gonna love it :bounce3:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

P.S. Any info about when approximately can we wait the next release?

Shay, you're genius! Amazing work!

My squad gonna love it :bounce3:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

P.S. Any info about when approximately can we wait the next release?

Depends on my GF. I I won't be able to release a new version i'll release a hotfix. Probably tonight.

Ok. Thanks!

Oh, and one more question. Is SAFE function working good when using ACRE? I'm not quite sure if ACRE is still sends something to the clipboard.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Ouch... one more suggestion. Is there any chance of having an ability to manupulate the MP player units. I meant for example disarm a buddy, change his gear, add a weapon, change his unit model, make him captive or a hostage, injure him, cure him, teleport, who message only to him, another useful reoleplay action we guessed is the ability to pause gameplay (simply freeze playable units and AI to be able to discuss or set up some urgent stuff)... Such kind of things. Have you thought of that? If not, is it of any interest for you to implement? :yay:

Or may be there's a way to do that with MCCS already? :j:

Edited by zvukoper

Ok. Thanks!

Oh, and one more question. Is SAFE function working good when using ACRE? I'm not quite sure if ACRE is still sends something to the clipboard.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Ouch... one more suggestion. Is there any chance of having an ability to manupulate the MP player units. I meant for example disarm a buddy, change his gear, add a weapon, change his unit model, make him captive or a hostage, injure him, cure him, teleport, who message only to him, another useful reoleplay action we guessed is the ability to pause gameplay (simply freeze playable units and AI to be able to discuss or set up some urgent stuff)... Such kind of things. Have you thought of that? If not, is it of any interest for you to implement? :yay:

Or may be there's a way to do that with MCCS already? :j:

First thing to keep in mind is that MCC is a mission making tool and focus on that. It does not have focus on roleplaying but it can be used quite good for it. So with that in vision i dont think roleplaying functionality are put in by that goal but are purely accidently in there when putting in functionality for missino making. Hope that made some sense.

Prior to mission start the players can choose what role to play in the MP lobby. It also holds options to choose gear layouts for teams. For example: Scoped for alpha squad.

After the mission has been started the roles and gear are determined and are during mission execution no longer changable but i think from mission perspective also not desireable. It is hover at all times possible ofcourse to walk to a crate and change ur gear.

In short, i would vote against proposed functionality for the above reasons. Hope that clears it up.

Hope that made some sense.

Yes, thanks.

Hope that clears it up.

That too. Now I see the main goal of this.

Prior to mission start the players can choose what role to play in the MP lobby.

Hmmm... Sorry, I havent' tested MCC yet. Gonna give it a run today. You say roles in lobby. These roles are defined by the ShackTac pattern? Can I customize roles... I mean... Change the mission setup for factions\classes and playable units without unpboing and mending the addon internals.

@Zvukoper

Yes u can ;)

There are more then 120 roles for each sides with custom markers and gear. Now there are 4 gear peterns for each roles, which will give you something like 460 roles for each side which means 1360 types of toles to play.

Ofc you can change it all too how u see fit, using the 2d editor or the gear script.

You can change the loadout of AI with RTE and you can place hostages.

But then again, test it first.

Thanks shay_gman!

Changing initial playable units in 2 editor is the desired ability. My squad has it's own faction in OPFOR side (our own addon) with our own units and their predefined "official" gear and selection of weapons by classes. So our goal is to train squad using our own units. Our training sessions will be boosted to the limits with your MCC Sandbox! Thanks again) You're our hero!

lol,

well not a hero just some bord guy.

The gear script is F2 gear script you can read there.

And if you want we can arange Clan Vs Clan event, we always missing smart Opfor

And if you want we can arange Clan Vs Clan event, we always missing smart Opfor

Good idea) :yay: I cannot guarantee the "smart" part of the Opfor for you))) But a bunch of dangerous unpredictable Russians I can supply)))

We had a major roster cleanup in our squad last month, so we are now 9 soldiers at most. 4 of them are very good, the rest is good, but still needs more advanced training.

The only bigger problem is the time difference. Our prime time is 18:00 to 23:59 Moscow time, which is 13:00 - 19:00 Greenwich time I guess. And the complete squad is able to gather on Saturday only.

Omg, I stop offtopickin)))) :rolleyes: Let's use pms.

I know that MCC is meant that all players (even the mission creator) can play but there will be some players that may want to take on the GM role and be altruistic.

One very useful function would be to be able to take over a unit (and REALLY act as enemy) before porting back to GM.

Possible?

Is it possible to have an AI crew spawn under my command ..ie ...a crew to man a empty bradley for example.That I have control of.I tried it using hostage,but I could'nt get them to arm themselves.Also,I tried to build a barracks but wasn't able to recrute from it.How do we recruit ai to build a tailored squad?

I know that MCC is meant that all players (even the mission creator) can play but there will be some players that may want to take on the GM role and be altruistic.

One very useful function would be to be able to take over a unit (and REALLY act as enemy) before porting back to GM.

Possible?

No. This is not what MCC is for. Sorry.

Is it possible to have an AI crew spawn under my command ..ie ...a crew to man a empty bradley for example.That I have control of.I tried it using hostage,but I could'nt get them to arm themselves.Also,I tried to build a barracks but wasn't able to recrute from it.How do we recruit ai to build a tailored squad?

This is might be on the todo list. We don't play with AI on our side but since I added the construction module I might add a recruting pannel later on.

Have you guys been able to get the script version of DAC to work with MCC?

There is not even decided on if we move to a DAC engine or not. As soon as we see DAC fits the goal of what we picture of MCC then we might aim for a project of that. However, integration of that will be without any dates or deadlines like all of our projects. Its done when its done.

DAC itself is an awesome product, if it however fits our goals is the question. As soon as we found asnwers to that we will you all know.

V1.5.3

- fixed markers and briefings isn't working for JIPs.

- 3D editor revised, added in dialog menu for easy faster way to manage the objects in 3D. - Press X in the 3D editor to turn it on.

- Added 3D deleter option. Press the Delete button.

- Airdrop script revised: you can now queue different types of vehicles and objects to be delivered in a single drop.

- Airdrop's objects bugged when touching ground sometimes error - fixed.

- Added 4 more CAS and Airdrop approaches (NE, NW, SE, SW).

- MHQ available only for mission maker bug - fixed.

- Added add/subtract funds for the given faction buttons.

- Added a Unit's Management panel (menu 4). You can teleport players or other units across the map or to LHD. More functions regarding Units managment will be comming in next updates.

Download it from the homepage.

I did not find any download link to the new MCC, it seems to be hidden quite well ..

Edited by radical.ghost