Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MCC has a slightly different emphasis to VTS. I believe the aim of MCC is to allow the MM to play the game as well, so an element of randomness is deliberately built in, whereas VTC was built originally as a training tool with the GM in complete control. There is however an option in MCC to track groups when you spawn them (Tracking dropdown in the spawn settings). Unfortunately you can't toggle this off once spawned, and it appears to show up to everyone, not just the MM.

Liking the Clear unit brush, very neatly done.

Yes i can see the intentions of MCC back into your interpretation of it.

About the track option. MCC just gave an option to make use of the existing functionality of UPSMON to track units on the map. This functionality is indeed not a mission making tool with just purely that in mind, but just part of a choice like any other. Sometimes we use it if there is correct intell about units. For example you can spawn a vehicle on long road with the track marker on. That way players have ongoing intell about the location of that unit.

If that is usefull, is purely depending on the story and or the fantasy of the mission maker (mm). For example ongoing satellite info.

ps When i am over my laziness i will sweep all incorrect links and info from both Shay and my posts as currently there is to much of them. Last links of shay are the good ones for now.

Edited by spirit6

Although I DO like what you have done shay_gman having a free floating camera ala the one in VTS would REALLY add to the MM function.

If you have RTS running along side you could always use that for a free floating camera.

Here is some WIP for the next release:

Here is the new construction module for the upcomming MCC Sandbox V1.52.

With this you can spaw on the fly multiple command vehicle that can be turned into an FOB/HQ. Each side has it own funds pool so you can arange some nive PvP events.

You'll have to build some buildings inorder to open more and more vehicles to build. It is bringing a new RTS kind of feeling to MCC and let you make long campighns.

The deployment of an HQ will make it the new respawn marker if respawn is on.

BIS Coin module has been altered for more forgiving placing so you can hold shift while placing an object to make multiple placment (thanks MH6 for this idea).

_o14QT_006I

Here is some WIP for the next release:

_o14QT_006I

who can spawn it tho? only the mission maker spawning them for both teams?

That sounds like it has awesome potential. For example mission maker placing some enter-able buildings/bunkers/sandbags/whatever (I mean, in addition to the ones already available), and then placing AI in them using the fortify option.

Just to clarify:

It isn't mission maker tool. The MM is spawning it and give the side he wish budgets. But that is all.

The building process is done by the players.

Now @Sleep, the guy that deploy the HQ eg the driver of the command vehicle once deploying it get the construction privileges. He will be the commander for that mission and if he'll die you'll lose the construction privileges. It is done to give some RTS/High command to MCC Sandbox although it is up for the mission maker to choose rather he want it or not.

Few things. One great tool. Absolutely love it guys. Really appreciate y'all putting it out there for us. Couple issues I've run into however. Recreating triggers isn't working once I've 'safed' a mission and reloaded it. Also briefings / intel etc don't get recreated. I can't script my way out of a paper bag however; so that may be an issue that isn't synced client -> server and I may just be ignorant of that.

Few things. One great tool. Absolutely love it guys. Really appreciate y'all putting it out there for us. Couple issues I've run into however. Recreating triggers isn't working once I've 'safed' a mission and reloaded it. Also briefings / intel etc don't get recreated. I can't script my way out of a paper bag however; so that may be an issue that isn't synced client -> server and I may just be ignorant of that.

Tested it again but can't reproduce the bug you are talking about, for me it is working perfect. Can you? If you can please paste the safed mission here (just do it in spoiler) so I could look it up.

BTW V1.5.2 will probably be released tomorrow.

Yea I'll post it in about 5 hours when I get off work. Not sure if it's because of the size of the mission or if scripts within scripts aren't supported. (mission text is about 56 kilobytes)

EDIT: too large to post. 65,000+ characters.

safed mission

Edited by Shad0wCatcher

can u give the GM the ability to call the deads back to live?

i mean the Soldiers that are forced into spectator, so that the GM can spawn them as reinforcents if he want this.

the idear behind this is that not everyone is forced to reconnect if he get back to live.

can u give the GM the ability to call the deads back to live?

i mean the Soldiers that are forced into spectator, so that the GM can spawn them as reinforcents if he want this.

the idear behind this is that not everyone is forced to reconnect if he get back to live.

Well allready gave that option to the MM in the latest version(again GM is from another story :) ). I need to handle players on server. So far I didn't found a way of doing it. I will eventually.

Yea I'll post it in about 5 hours when I get off work. Not sure if it's because of the size of the mission or if scripts within scripts aren't supported. (mission text is about 56 kilobytes)

EDIT: too large to post. 65,000+ characters.

safed mission

I found the bug. Will be fixed in the next version.

Hi,

a few issues here:

1. Aren't the Markers we place through the MCC supposed to be JIP - compatible?

Because when we place them, no player who joins or reconnects later to a running session is able to see them on the map.

2. The ULB:

If we use the UAV - Menu to place an ULB, there is no ActionMenu - Entry available to access and control the ULB (neither static nor ruck), placing a UAV instead works fine, though.

Thank you for your attention,

r:g

Hi,

a few issues here:

1. Aren't the Markers we place through the MCC supposed to be JIP - compatible?

Because when we place them, no player who joins or reconnects later to a running session is able to see them on the map.

They supposed to be ;). Look at previous posts, I found the bug and hopefully fixed it.

2. The ULB:

If we use the UAV - Menu to place an ULB, there is no ActionMenu - Entry available to access and control the ULB (neither static nor ruck), placing a UAV instead works fine, though.

Well I wasn't aware of it. I'll take a look on it later, when i'll be home. Be sure you havn't deleted the ULB module.

Is it planned to add a command console to MCC?

Mmm I thiugh MCC is kind of command console so i'm not sure what are you asking for. Please explain.

I think he means where you can type in commands, though I don't really see the need if everything is available in the GUI already.

I think he means where you can type in commands, though I don't really see the need if everything is available in the GUI already.

I personally find a command console a useful item because sometimes i have a situation where i need an item like this.

But if you don´t want to add it, then not - it was just an idea:)

I personally find a command console a useful item because sometimes i have a situation where i need an item like this.

But if you don´t want to add it, then not - it was just an idea:)

Since it is easy to do i'll probably add it in the next version.

Now i'm proud to anounce of V 1.5.2

- Construction module: dosn't show on this video. Let you do a little RTS in MCC Sandbox. Build you base and unlock vehicles to purchase.

- 3D spawner. You can now spawn diffrent object and unit in 3D. You can create custom scenes, save and load them just as regular MCC missions.

- 3D spawner for hostages and UAV/ULB console.

- ULB thing has been fixed and it is now available for AH64. Get in and drop hellfires on your enemies.

- Mission maker can break spectator script if respawn disabled by pressing X.

- Some code revise for better FPS.

- Major UI changes.

You can download the PBO files here: http://www.filefront.com/17906790/MCC_Sandbox_V152_PBO.rar

You can download the un PBO files here:http://www.filefront.com/17906714/MCC_Sandbox_V152.rar

Version 1.5.2 features: 3D Spawner & AH64 + ULB

4O_60deeD8o

Version 1.5.2 features: Construction module:

_o14QT_006I

*First page has been updated with the new version. Let me know what are you thinking.

Now that is VERY impressive shay_gman. All you need is a GM type camera and I MIGHT be tempted to use this instead of VTS !

Keep up the good work...... its looking GREAT !

This has come a long way - impressive work!

Missing from the features list seems to be DAC - otherwise it would be perfect ;-)

This has come a long way - impressive work!

Missing from the features list seems to be DAC - otherwise it would be perfect ;-)

Well thanks to you guys back then we have MCC. So thank you.

DAC is impresive, superb tool the only problame is it is an addon. So let's make a deal. You'll integrate DAC with ACE so it won't be a stand alone. And we will make DAC based MCC. I allready have the name for it MCC Battle Sandbox Center ;)

Well thanks to you guys back then we have MCC. So thank you.

DAC is impresive, superb tool the only problame is it is an addon. So let's make a deal. You'll integrate DAC with ACE so it won't be a stand alone. And we will make DAC based MCC. I allready have the name for it MCC Battle Sandbox Center ;)

;-)

1. DAC is available as Mission Scripts

2. DAC addons are included with ACE already :D

Great name - SG MCC SIX BattleBoxCenter :D

Ability to add MCC Units dynamically to DAC Zones, as well as full support for DAC zones with units spawned by DAC etc would be acesome ;)