Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

@Friznit.

Your kind words are the fuel for us for working on this project.

Yes only one Mission Maker, MM (GM is VTS trademark ;) can be logged at any time and until he press logout or mission restart he is still logged in.

That persists even through death and DC. So no one can steal the MM powers, and harm those sweet butterflies, if the MM didn't log out.

I can add "show MM name" button easily but I don't really see the point, or did I have it wrong?

PS:

Please, if you did a nice mission save it and paste it in the MCC mission thread so we can have fun with it too.

Maybe one day we'll have a dual community coop mission.

@Friznit.

For exactly this concern we allow as shay said only one person as the mission maker in MCC (mm). As best practise in our group we use the medic usualy as the mission maker as he is most neutral and has least saying in the execution of the mission while still having fun with his role.

As soon as somebody logs in all get a message broadcasted on chat neutral that "SPIRIT LOGGED IN AS MISSION MAKER". On our place we simple talk on TS about who makes the mission and we never had an issue. So only one person can control MCC until he logs out, then somebody else can login. To log in one has to make a zone. Ones the MM is logged in and somebody else tries to spawn something ALL get a message "SHAYGMAN DENIED ACCESS TO MCC" as Spirit was already logged in. Hope that helps.

Just clarifying a bit on shay here. Shay i think suggests that all can request the name of the mission maker by a button. That can be solution if that holds an issue to know. On our place we simple ask on TS and get an aswer so thats why the functionality is not in atm.

Can we get the ability to reposition the spawn point next version. Current version it seems once west spawn is down, that is it.

Can we get the ability to reposition the spawn point next version. Current version it seems once west spawn is down, that is it.

I am a little lost on what the problem exactly is.

At the moment the start position you can dynamicly set for each side and is also the respawn location. As soon as you disable respawn you are thrown into spectate when you die.

I am lost in the words "Current version it seems once west spawn is down, that is it". What exactly means west spawn is down and that is it? If you request for a dynamicly reposition of the initial respawn location then i dotn see this happening. I must say i have not much exprience using the respawn in MCC as we play without respawn and only use it when we are doing some training/goofing around. However, it works like any "normal" mission, you respawn and even with the gear intended.

Edited by spirit6

You could always use a mobile respawn vehicle. The option's already in there.

MCC respawns ascelation:

If no Start position respawn point was placed you'll spawn (with the gear you had when you died) at the position you died.

If start position has been placed you'll spawn at the start position.

If mobile respawn is available you'll spawn next to the mobile vehicle.

If mobile respawn is available but destroyed you'll spawn at the start location.

You can make some nice PvP with Start east at one side of the island and start west at the other and then spawn a mobile spawn for each side. So the'll have to advance with the mobile spawn and make sure it isn't destroyed or they will be forced to spawn back at the start location.

In the old version of MCC I added an option to re-position the respawn point quite easily. What I did was basically replace the "create a marker" with moving a marker already placed in the editor, and every time you would click on "start location" you would re-position the marker (and the appropriate flag). People won't teleport to the new start location, but will respawn there if they die. This was especially useful for training missions where you want to try various situations in different locations without restarting the mission or running/driving across the map.

Is there a way to just use the IED module? Maybe an example mission with just that module available, if anyone has one could you please post it? I've been having trouble figuring out how to set it up and use it as well.

Is there a way to just use the IED module? Maybe an example mission with just that module available, if anyone has one could you please post it? I've been having trouble figuring out how to set it up and use it as well.

Make sure to set the side that it's meant for and change the explosion size. Small is good for infantry booby traps. Medium is good for light-skinned / wheeled vehicles. Large is best used against tracked vehicles. (Borne from testing using different convoys)

IED module is part of MCC Sanbbox. I can't take it apart because it depends on the GUI. The good thing is the MCC Sandbox is a mission. So just build whatever you want on it.

There is tutorial video about IEDs at the 2nd post.

You need to set a few thing:

1. explosion type: it can be either :deadly - which means people will get injusred or die. Disabling - which will disable vehicles (and set them on fire) and knock infantry outside of a vhicle unconcies. Fake - only explosion no one will get hurt.

2. Explosion size: Small, medium or large.

3. Jammable: Choose either you IED is radio triggered or presuer plate activation. If it is jammable CREW (Counter Radio Electronic Warfare) vehicles will be able to jam it when they are 80 meters away from it. Keep in mind that once you left the area the IED become active again. So driving in convoys requires formation with CREW vehicles. CREW vehicles for now are the M115 HWWM and the M3 Bradly. You can add CREW vehicles class from the init file under: IEDJammerVehicles.

4. Target Faction: which faction will activate the IED.

5. Trigger type: Proximity or activated by admin (ctrl + mouse click on the IED icon in MCC mini map to activate it). Keep in mind that the mission maker can activate non-admin activate IEDs also.

6. Proximity: How far a unit from the target faction have to be inorder to trigger the IED.

7. Disarm time. How long it will take to disarm the IED. The default is 10 seconds. You can set it up to 5 minutes.

Keep in mind that in order to disarm an IED you have to slow prone to it until you'll see a disarm explosive action in the action menu. Once you start it you'll see disarming animation. If you are not an engineer or sabatur you'll have a high fail and critical fail chances.

Then place the IED. An IED marker will appear you can place ambush group by clicking and dragging the mouse where you want them to face and where you want them to move once they got active. Then you can link between IEDs and IEDs or IEDs and ambushs or how ever you like. Just hold the shift key and drag the mouse between the objects, You'll see a gray line once a link has been establish. Once again look at the Utes ambush movie to see this in action. Keep in mind: you can link other traps such as Suicide bombers road charge and armed civilians. You can link objects, ammoboxes, cars and such.

Again watch the movies. and read here : http://developer.vbs2.com/manuals/Content/Editor_Manual/Ed_Int_Adv_IEDs.htm

This is my insperation.

Edited by shay_gman

Now about using CBA but not using ACE, That can be done. Actually, it easily done (just remove the AI talk module from the editor). But there are some functions that won't work because the lack of classes in the Vanila ArmA. like the IEDs and CBU for example.

Now, that would be awesome! I run CBA (as everything requires it) but not ACE.

As for the IEDs: I have them in Armory, perhaps from BAF? Not sure about CBUs though .....

-OP

Now, that would be awesome! I run CBA (as everything requires it) but not ACE.

As for the IEDs: I have them in Armory, perhaps from BAF? Not sure about CBUs though .....

-OP

Again I'm strongly suggesting using ACE. The IED module is using invisable targets so you won't be able to use those IED without it.

Was testing with a buddy of mine earlier today, and noticed that for some reason he could not be killed or even injured? Spawned enemies would engage and hit him, but he would not take any damage. Even when one I would shoot him, he would not take any damage. I, on the other hand, could both take damage as well as be killed.

Any ideas? ACE was running for both of us while testing.

Was testing with a buddy of mine earlier today, and noticed that for some reason he could not be killed or even injured? Spawned enemies would engage and hit him, but he would not take any damage. Even when one I would shoot him, he would not take any damage. I, on the other hand, could both take damage as well as be killed.

I would strongly advise to take a look at the mods used as MCC has not software running to prevent or cause damage. So i would look at external influences like mods or the state of the mods.

This behavior has not been seen or reported by any after over a year of use at our own community. If you would give more detail then we can maybe help solve your issue but i find it highly unlikely it is mcc related.

Edited by spirit6

Did you got injured or killed? and just your friend didn't? That can be the case of spawning units from an addon that your friend dosn't have. MCC scan for addons on the mission maker computer so you can spawn units that the other player dosn't have which will lead to strange behavior.

I think if that was the case he would have been getting killed by invisible enemies (and would receive an error message when they are spawned). Did he actually see the enemies shooting at him?

Did you got injured or killed? and just your friend didn't? That can be the case of spawning units from an addon that your friend dosn't have. MCC scan for addons on the mission maker computer so you can spawn units that the other player dosn't have which will lead to strange behavior.

Essentially what it boiled down to was I could take damage and be killed, but my friend could not. Neither myself, nor any enemies including native BIS characters could inflict any damage on him at all.

*EDIT*

Issue resolved - He was running GL4 on top of ACE... the wounding system of GL4 must have been the culprit!

Edited by Terror Wolf

Issue resolved - He was running GL4 on top of ACE... the wounding system of GL4 must have been the culprit!

Good to hear I start thinking that yourfriend is some kind of Superman. :cool:

VCB ran our first full trial mission with this last night and the MCC Sandbox held up very well. Less can be said about my ability as the MM though - resisting the temptation to fiddle is difficult so things got a bit out of hand towards the end. I accidentally spawned an enemy fighter jet in the wrong zone, so lacking the ability to delete it I spawned a friendly fighter jet to come and shoot it down. Then I needed some Enemy AA to shoot down the friendly fighter because it was circling overhead and not moving to the new zone location (minor bug there probably caused by the AI still being in combat or something). I'm not sure what the rest of the platoon knew what to make of the developing air battle going on overhead. So I added some soothing bagpipe music to take their minds of it.

I hadn't realised that putting 'tracking' on makes the spawned groups visible to everyone. Is this intentional or is it meant to be the MM only who sees them?

I'll paste the mission into the relavent thread a little later.

Glad to hear it Friznit you'll be glad to hear that you can delete object in the next release.

MCC Sandbox V15.1 is here.

New manual: http://www.filefront.com/17823961/Manual MCC.pdf

This is what we got:

Fixed:

-Mission.sqm been cleared of all the junk it has inside. So it is safer and easier to load.

-Cawater missing thing bug fixed.

-Proving grounds is working again.

-Some UI fixs.

Added:

- New MCC Sandbox manual

-Added Islands support for: ToraBora, Falluja.

- UPSMON script has been tweek so AI will often use smoke grenade when suprresed or cannot move.

-Undercover Agents: 5 agents and 5 more undercover agents. Neartargets script made by Q1184_. This guys can inflitrate enemy's camps but be carful they can get detected.

-Action menu for Undercover agents to draw and holste a handgun. Drawing a weapon will make them hostile toward the target faction.

-You can now choose parameters to decide which faction will be hostile to the undercover agents if they draw a weapon.

-You can now choose parameters to decide who resistance units are hostile to (west, east, all).

- Delete brush. You can now delete: units. cars, tanks, airplanes, helicopter, ammoboxes or all of the above after you spawn them.

Of course all of the above is savable and loadable like any other MCC function.

You can download the PBO files here: http://www.filefront.com/17823950/MCC_Sandbox_V151_Pbos.rar/

You can download the un PBO files here:http://www.filefront.com/17824004/MCC_Sanbox_V151_Unpbo.rar

Have ripped the ACE dependency out of it (I know some things wont work) so that I could try out some other functions.

Although I DO like what you have done shay_gman having a free floating camera ala the one in VTS would REALLY add to the MM function.

Again comparing to VTS (I DO wish you guys were able to work together :) ) there is the ability to show ALL units on the island. Possible or have I just not read the instructions?

The icons do get a bit squished on the dialog which is a shame but I can live with that.

Keep up the good work mate !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MCC has a slightly different emphasis to VTS. I believe the aim of MCC is to allow the MM to play the game as well, so an element of randomness is deliberately built in, whereas VTC was built originally as a training tool with the GM in complete control. There is however an option in MCC to track groups when you spawn them (Tracking dropdown in the spawn settings). Unfortunately you can't toggle this off once spawned, and it appears to show up to everyone, not just the MM.

Liking the Clear unit brush, very neatly done.

Friznit got it right, MCC was and is the main mission making tool for MARSOC clan. It isn't a training tool but a mission tool.

VTS is a great project but we have many diffrent.For example the code build completely diffrent. MCC is build around client server setting. Every thing is made by request for the server so nothing stays localy (this is mainly to lighten CPU usage of the client) the main tool for creating thouse requests is CBA's XEH extended event handler.

Another reason is the idea behind it: MCC is build around randomess and repeblity value. The main idea is to simulate reality and macro managing the battle (more of that will come soon) and not micro managment the battlefield. You might want to place this unit in that exact location, that is why you have RTE connection build in.

Don't forget to post some good mission in the MCC mission thread.

I'll be glad to cooperate with anyone that will help this community.

PS I don't think ever the mission maker will be able to see the unit spawned on the island. First there is the techincal issue that the MM ask for the units from the server but he don't know where exacly they spawn in the zone and where are they going . So I'll need the server to make the markers but only on the MM machine. Secondly it won't be fair. Third usually the MM is the medic I want him in the field and not staring on some moving red dots.

Edited by shay_gman