Sign in to follow this  
sowens

Insurgency[ACE] and Insurgency[NO ACE]

The biggest show-stopping bug is when you 'win' and clear all the caches. It attempts to enable a 'superman' mode which just sends everyones PC's tits up and locks you out of the menus - you can't even return to the menu / quit out.

The only way out is to abruptly Alt-F4. I'm sure this 'feature' was for debugging or messing about anyway - can this be axed and just end the game instead?

ok, do you have ace and non ace versions for takistan with any improvements from 0.72?

thanks,

I will update the Lingor Insurgency to work on the new map.

The ACE versions of Insurgency are awaiting the finished scripts for an Air Cav version...some ground vehicles...and AI insertions and extractions, air cover, etc....

The biggest show-stopping bug is when you 'win' and clear all the caches. It attempts to enable a 'superman' mode which just sends everyones PC's tits up and locks you out of the menus - you can't even return to the menu / quit out.

The only way out is to abruptly Alt-F4. I'm sure this 'feature' was for debugging or messing about anyway - can this be axed and just end the game instead?

Agreed. I've experienced this too.

Other bugs:

* When you remote control pilot, if you inadvertently choose Get Out instead of hitting Backspace as instructed, you get out of the chopper as the pilot and can't get back into your original player again.

* In the Loadout, if there are multiple ammunition types listed for any given weapon, you're only able to physically take the first ammunition type listed. The others don't work.

The briefing also needs some work. Here's an update which mission-editors are free to adapt.

I will update the Lingor Insurgency to work on the new map.

The ACE versions of Insurgency are awaiting the finished scripts for an Air Cav version...some ground vehicles...and AI insertions and extractions, air cover, etc....

Eagerly awaiting any ACE versions of Insurgency (personally, for Takistan, Zargabad, Tora Bora primarily). Thanks for your PM Sowens. As discussed in various places, in my experience AI doesn't spawn properly in previous ACE Insurgency I've tried.

Eagerly awaiting any ACE versions of Insurgency (personally, for Takistan, Zargabad, Tora Bora primarily). Thanks for your PM Sowens. As discussed in various places, in my experience AI doesn't spawn properly in previous ACE Insurgency I've tried.

Yeah just tried with ACE also, no go... no idea yet why this would be.

Swedge asked me to have a look at ACE spawning problem so heres the solution:

hey mate, try replacing the getGridPos function in common/functions.sqf with this:

getGridPos = { 	
_pos = getPosATL _this; 
_x = _pos select 0;
_y = _pos select 1;
_x = _x - (_x % 100); 
_y = _y - (_y % 100); 
[_x + 50, _y + 50, 0]
};

i did this awhile ago for a lingor island beta because there were some spawning problems. The reason was because the map in the lingor beta had a messed up grid system so i changed the ai spawning procedure to rely solely on worldpos coords instead of grid coords (should've done it that way from the start) and it fixed it. Never updated it for the other islands though and i think ACE changes the grid system which is why units weren't spawning.

Swedge asked me to have a look at ACE spawning problem so heres the solution:

You are a legend pogoman. Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I confirm that replacing the getGridPos function in common/functions.sqf and re-pboing as you describe corrects the AI spawn problem in ACE. I have been testing this for the last half hour with Takistan on my LAN and there are now some AI Insurgents running around out there with my dogtags who can vouch for it too :)

I encourage all Insurgency fans to keep supporting this great mission, running and sharing it and teaching others how to play.

In particular, please support Fireball's project continuing Pogoman's great work:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency

Please post bug and feature tickets etc.

Thank you for your time.

I would like to know one question, How do you increase the enemies that spawn perplayer. Pogoman stated in another forum some where that it is set at 5 perplayer. I would like to increase this amount please. Thanks, Robert.