Sign in to follow this  
sowens

Insurgency[ACE] and Insurgency[NO ACE]

Insurgency[ACE] and Insurgency[NO ACE]

Current nonbeta version: 0.72.1

Definition of INSURGENCY

1: the quality or state of being insurgent; specifically : a condition of revolt against a government that is less than an organized revolution and that is not recognized as belligerency

An insurgency is an armed rebellion against a constituted authority, by any irregular armed force that rises up against an enforced or established authority, government, or administration. Those carrying out an insurgency are "insurgents." Insurgents conduct sabotage and harassment. Insurgents usually are in opposition to a civil authority or government primarily in the hope of improving their condition.

That is exactly what you will find in Insurgency! A fun filled mission to destroy the insurgents on the island and destroy their means to wage war by blowing up their weapon's cache.

Features:

• Enemy AI the scale based on the number of players in the area
  • Respawning Enemy AI Vehicles
  • A tough and smart AI System (works best with Zues AI or great without!)
  • Built in Medic Revive System
  • Respawn with your squad, if not in enemy contact
  • Built in Tire Repair for most vehicles...keep on truckin!
  • UH-60 Blackhawk that can be remote controlled
  • Loadout system that saves your gear
  • Movable HQ (bugged in Lingor)
  • 4 Humvee and 4 ATV respawning vehicles to move around the island on

Map Types:

• Lingor - US Army vs Lingor Rebels
  • Lingor [ACE] - US Army vs Lingor Rebels (coming this week)
  • Lingor [ACE] - PMC vs Lingor Rebels (coming this week)
  • Lingor - British Armed Forces vs Lingor Rebels (coming this week)
  • Lingor - GAL Government Army of Lingor vs Lingor Rebels
  • ToraBora - US Army vs Taliban
  • Fallujah - US Army vs Taliban

Credits:

Insurgency is based off the gamemode created by the Project Reality team and originally written for ARMA 2 by Pogoman.

The ai vehicles use Kronzy's UPS.

The loadout dialog is a modified version of the one from benny's warfare.

Many other scripts are written by pogoman.

Some scripts will be written and modified by me (chief).

You may modify the mission if you want but please make it obvious that it was you that modified it. Pogoman gets all of the credit here. I am simply updating some of his work to use ACE, and or other units such as the new Lingor military and civilian units.

You can find an expanding list of pogoman's Insurgency at the links below. These will include my ACE versions we have enjoyed on our servers. You may find modified tweaks and changes compared to the original pogoman's Insurgency.

Known Issues:

• MHQ on Lingor doesn't like to be mobilized and moved.

Original Download Links:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106584

Download Links (Updated Versions):

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/missionsupport/files

Edited by sowens

Will try this for sure. Thanks.

Added ToraBora map to the Insurgency List...let me know if you find any bugs...tested alone!

Good job Chief!

We've been playing Pogoman's insurgency for the past few weeks and it will never get old i think. Unfortunately ACE is missing on the Takistan version which we enjoy most. I have limited Editor skills and i encountered the same problem mentioned in the other insurgency thread basically units refuse to spawn when a ACE user walks into the zone. We did not try to use ZeusAI yet but as you say it might be that.

We are eager to see a ACE version coming out for the new islands but would also appreciate if you have a working ACE version for Takistan.

Thanks,

Stauff

Good job Chief!

We've been playing Pogoman's insurgency for the past few weeks and it will never get old i think. Unfortunately ACE is missing on the Takistan version which we enjoy most. I have limited Editor skills and i encountered the same problem mentioned in the other insurgency thread basically units refuse to spawn when a ACE user walks into the zone. We did not try to use ZeusAI yet but as you say it might be that.

We are eager to see a ACE version coming out for the new islands but would also appreciate if you have a working ACE version for Takistan.

Thanks,

Stauff

Working on it now. I am a bit under the weather so things are slow. Send chicken soup and 7-up...

Sowens: get back to me via PM to see what should I fix on Lingor for MHQ to work properly.

Thanks for porting/editing this mission to Tora Bora. We had a lot of fun with it last weekend. No problems detected while playing.

I loaded it to the site. I didn't edit it...all Pogoman there!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Thanks for porting/editing this mission to Tora Bora. We had a lot of fun with it last weekend. No problems detected while playing.

It was great filming and taking pictures of the server while you were playing. Call me anytime you need another boot on the ground ;)

Be careful that the fallujah version has fallujah_1_0 as the mod called in the mission, or it wont work.

For some reason the fallujah version the insurgents seem to be spawning out of closed buildings (with no way to get at them), and therefore the sectors do not clear.

Looking forward to updates !

Be careful that the fallujah version has fallujah_1_0 as the mod called in the mission, or it wont work.

For some reason the fallujah version the insurgents seem to be spawning out of closed buildings (with no way to get at them), and therefore the sectors do not clear.

Looking forward to updates !

Good catch...I will have to update the pbo.

We seen that too, especially at the power station. Satchel charges cleared the buildings well =)

Hi Sowens,

I hope your better.

Any sign of the ACE versions of lingor etc?

regards,

Ahmed.

i was wondering if you might make a version that has 32 players or more, even if the ai doesnt scale past the normal full amounts, the extra opfor players can make the difference.

we only use the takistani, zargabad version also, as I cant seem to find a chernarus one.

I downloaded the pack of 0.72 Insurgency PBOs from Armaholic.com, as well as the ToraBora and Fallujah ones from dev-heaven.net. Everything seems to work, except Fallujah. I downloaded both ToraBora and the following Fallujah pbo (01/10/2011)

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/10215/Insurgency0_72.fallujah.pbo

ToraBora works fine (-mod=@ToraBora) with the ToraBora mod/map @ToraBora and the ToraBora pbo from dev-heaven (put in MPMissions). I downloaded Fallujah 1.0 (latest), extracted "fallujah1_0" to Arma2 folder and put in -mod=fallujah1_0 (I've installed lots of mods and addons before), but when I connect and join, it just sits there and does not load. It does not even go to player setup. It just sits there, I've waited for 5+ minutes, but it does not load at all (or even disconnect me). Any ideas? Like I said, ToraBora, Takistan, Zagrabad all work fine. Just Fallujah doesn't ... which I heard is the best one!

I downloaded the pack of 0.72 Insurgency PBOs from Armaholic.com, as well as the ToraBora and Fallujah ones from dev-heaven.net. Everything seems to work, except Fallujah. I downloaded both ToraBora and the following Fallujah pbo (01/10/2011)

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/10215/Insurgency0_72.fallujah.pbo

ToraBora works fine (-mod=@ToraBora) with the ToraBora mod/map @ToraBora and the ToraBora pbo from dev-heaven (put in MPMissions). I downloaded Fallujah 1.0 (latest), extracted "fallujah1_0" to Arma2 folder and put in -mod=fallujah1_0 (I've installed lots of mods and addons before), but when I connect and join, it just sits there and does not load. It does not even go to player setup. It just sits there, I've waited for 5+ minutes, but it does not load at all (or even disconnect me). Any ideas? Like I said, ToraBora, Takistan, Zagrabad all work fine. Just Fallujah doesn't ... which I heard is the best one!

I opened the PBO up and changed the mapping to the right Fallujah and fixed some errors the new map causes with the old Insurgency. I increased the number of enemies per % on the parameters. You will find some spots in Fallujah that might appear empty, but the enemy is always lurking about. When the Fallujah map maker did his last update, it broke one of the major houses on the map that will allow the insurgents to spawn at. Still lots of good fights to be had on the map though.

New Version of Fallujah map can be found HERE

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Sleep;1833118']i was wondering if you might make a version that has 32 players or more' date=' even if the ai doesnt scale past the normal full amounts, the extra opfor players can make the difference.

we only use the takistani, zargabad version also, as I cant seem to find a chernarus one.[/quote']

If you (or anyone else) need something specific for use on their server, just put in a ticket on Dev Heaven or send me a detailed private message/or leave a very detailed post here on what you want. I will try to get to it.

ACE Insurgency is on my plate at the moment. I am taking out a lot of the extra code we added on our server to play it.

Edited by sowens

I opened the PBO up and changed the mapping to the right Fallujah and fixed some errors the new map causes with the old Insurgency. I increased the number of enemies per % on the parameters. You will find some spots in Fallujah that might appear empty, but the enemy is always lurking about. When the Fallujah map maker did his last update, it broke one of the major houses on the map that will allow the insurgents to spawn at. Still lots of good fights to be had on the map though.

New Version of Fallujah map can be found HERE

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

If you (or anyone else) need something specific for use on their server, just put in a ticket on Dev Heaven or send me a detailed private message/or leave a very detailed post here on what you want. I will try to get to it.

ACE Insurgency is on my plate at the moment. I am taking out a lot of the extra code we added on our server to play it.

Thanks SOwens! You and all those other great game makers are what makes so ArmA special. BIS owes you all big time. You guys, all of you, are such an amazing community and I don't think you all get enough praise. I'm hoping some day soon I'll stop being such a dummy, learn some game design, modelling and scripting and give back to this amazing community. Thanks again!

Edited by MissionCreep

Man wtf, I downloaded that insurgenct for Fallujah last night unless it has been updated since then? But when I try to play it it says thie addon is dependetn upon missing content (fallujah) or something like that. Where do I install this pbo just to play it by myself. i tried the multiplayer mission folder, and the the missions folder, Do I put it in the my documents/arma 2/ missions folder? Someone help?

Man wtf, I downloaded that insurgenct for Fallujah last night unless it has been updated since then? But when I try to play it it says thie addon is dependetn upon missing content (fallujah) or something like that. Where do I install this pbo just to play it by myself. i tried the multiplayer mission folder, and the the missions folder, Do I put it in the my documents/arma 2/ missions folder? Someone help?

You need the new file and Fallujah posted above this one.

sowens...i have question, you is pogoman!? I used your Insurgency fallujah 1.0 and create PMC version. Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8SMMMASW

I'm sorry for my poor english.

any trouble, i will reply this topic

Pogoman quite updating Insurgency. I am plugging a gap on a few things, such as updating it to work on old/new maps and fixing a few bugs, etc.

Lingor got updated to 1.1 yesterday. Now this is broken as the updates will require a rework/rewrite?