Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Murray

Mr-Murrays ARMA II Compositions Addon

Hi all!

Today I would like to wish you a “Happy New Year And All The Best For 2011â€!

That´s my first addon release at all. Enjoy that addon in order to cut down the

long waiting time for the A2 Editing Guide. And if you have some suggestions,

additions or wishes for that new guide, please don´t hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

M-Murray

Mr-Murrays ARMA II Compositions

Description:

This addon allows you to place and align the original by BIS delivered ArmA compositions

in the 2D-Editor of ArmA II whithout any syntaxes. Just click, place and play! That's it!

Features:

- 2 different PBO's

- 2 different categories (A2 / OA)

- 165 compositions (A2: 81 /OA: 84)

- Works below SP and MP (Dedi, Hosted) as well

- Well structured in the Editor

Installation:

As we always advice use mod folders to keep your mods organized and to prevent errors in the future.

Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.

Included PBO-files:

MrM_Compositions_OA.pbo

MrM_Compositions_A2.pbo

Mr-Murray.bisign

Usage:

Just place the mod folder (@MrM-Addons) into your arma directory or an other addon folder of your choice.

In the Editor: Choose side Empty/Compositions (A2) or Empty/Compositions (OA). That´s it!

Known bugs:

- Unusable into the 3D-Editor (Once placed you can't remove and align it anymore!).

Means, you have to reload the mission after you deleted the placed composition from the map.

Note:

Please keep in mind that the eleven Firing Range units of both (A2/OA) are exactly the same.

Anyway! I placed it separate in both categories.

Credits & Thanks:

W0lle, Legislator, Cyborg11, Memphisbelle

DOWNLOAD

mrm_compositions.jpg

Update Ideas:

- New symbols

- New symbol sizes in proportion of the composition

- Align compositions to its symbols

- 3D-Editor usage

Edited by Mr-Murray

looking brill, will test soonish

Excellent Mr-Murray, Thankyou.

Only last night was I messing around with placing compositions using scripts and the online picture resource at www.armatechsquad.com

Thanks also for your Deluxe editiing guide. With this I am working my way slowly but surely into scripting. Thanks again.

BTW - Ever though about whipping up a tool that can be used to easily listen to all of the sound effects listed up the EFFECTS / Voice drop down for TALK waypoints?

Will be testing this soon. Thanks for sharing this!

Hey guys,

thanks for your feedback. I hope it works well :bounce3:

Nice tool, very helpful for using these compositions.

Question - if you used to create a mission, will players require the addon to view the compositions properly?

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance but what are compositions? Are they like premade scripts?

Cheers.

Just download and test it. These are object compositions. Complete camps, firing ranges and so on. You can place an entire camp with bunker, ammo and static vehicles with only "one click" instead placing object by object in several steps and a lot of clicks.

Many many thanks for this brilliant addon!

Now it is easier to simulate different situations or create whole Scenarios.

All that just with a couple clicks.

I love it !

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Great tool thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

Really a great tool with well designed compositions.

One question:

Is it possible to lock (or specify the content of) the vehicles, ammoboxes, etc. from the different templates via a command? -Would be better for some missions, where ammunition should only be present at specific places f.e..

Hi Mr-Murray!

First of all thx 4 all your effort with the one and only "ArmA Editing Guide" and now for this beautiful addon.

One question: We are a german playing squad, who prefer to play as Bundeswehr-Soldiers (BWMod/KSKMod). I got a link to a site where you can download "german compositions". Is it possible for you to create something like an extra addon in which we can find all the german compositions? That would be so great!!!

Link: http://www.combinedarms.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=12

Thx in advance!!

Regards,

MadMike

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

@WillaCHilla: Yes, certainly! I have to look where´s my script to realize it. I wrote something like that in the past.

@MadMike[brig2010]: You are welcome, thank you! I will contact the Author of it. Shouldn´t be a problem.

@KeyCat: You are welcome ;)

Yes certainly. Other players need that addon to see the compositions as well.

Nice tool, very helpful for using these compositions.

Question - if you used to create a mission, will players require the addon to view the compositions properly?

Thank you for this one Mr Murray! It really helps a lot for us "casual" mission makers who are not very experienced with object positioning to have this.

@WillaCHilla: Yes, certainly! I have to look where´s my script to realize it. I wrote something like that in the past.

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully you are able to recover it. Would be a very useful addition to create the compositions more suitable for different mission-setups.

is there a way to put AI into the mannable weapons in these compositions? I want to put a guy in a .50 cal and I can't figure out how to do it. I tried "this moveInGunner nameofgun" and that didn't work. also, I don't know if anyone else agrees, but I think these would be a lot more usefull for addonmakers if you could see the icons of the individual objects in the composition in the editor. for instance, right now I have to place a guy on the map, just guessing where the bunker I want him in is within the composition. I think they would be a lot more user friendly that way, unless there is an easier way that I am missing. These are very cool though. I have been looking for something like this for a while.

That's not necessary. Place a functions module and use this code in the init-line of the groupleader that should mount the turrets:

[group this, getPos this] call bis_fnc_taskDefend;

That's not necessary. Place a functions module and use this code in the init-line of the groupleader that should mount the turrets:

[group this, getPos this] call bis_fnc_taskDefend;

well that worked nicely, thanks.

hey, the AI do not want to go inside any of these fotresses or bunkers at all, they wont even walk on the interior grass or anything. the only place the AI will enter is the "small base" and the "radar site RU/US", please fix or come up with a way for this to work with AI.

i have converted these addons to script form, allowing them to be used without addon dependancy, specifically meant for online public servers, but also for vanilla or non addon users ofc.

I have sent a PM to Mr Murray asking for permission to release, but have not got a response in ca 1 week, i did so out of courtesy to his work on these addons.

Maybe Mr Murray is not active on these forums at this moment?

As they are official compositions and not a creation of Mr Murray i will release them anyway if there is enogh interest as they are not personal creations, but collection of official compositions.

Credits to Mr Murray for gathering them all in a convenient addon package.

And eagerly anticipating the A2 version of your guide Mr Murray.

oh m god i feel silly now, just realised all compositions was already available through cfgFiles and what Mr Murray did was to just make them available as objects in editor list....

note to self: quick google anything before atempting bigger tasks.

double FPDR

Edited by Demonized