Sign in to follow this  
bw1231996

**Guide** Troubleshoot Patching Error

This thread is to help anyone who is having problems updating their ARMA 2 installation. This guide is for the standalone ARMA 2 and not for Combined Operations or standalone Operation Arrowhead. I hope you have use for this guide and good luck!

The reason I made this guide is because I could not find one that thoroughly addressed the issue so I decided I needed to make one.

So; without further ado, let's get started. If you are recieving the something like the following error: "ARMA 2 is not installed on your computer or your installation is corrupt"

First, make sure you know what version of ARMA 2 you are running. Boot the game and look in the bottom left hand corner to see what version you are running. I was running 1.5, and wanted to update to 1.7.

So first; navigate to your ARMA 2 installation directory.

90658528.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then; copy your installation directory address by double or right clicking the text and pressing control + c.

40001680.th.png

Next; press the start button on the bottom right hand corner of your screen and type in "regedit" and then click on it.

91686561.th.png

Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > wow6432node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ARMA 2 >

28383315.th.png

Now; with this error; by default there should only be two keys one with a value and one without.

Now create a new key by right clicking inside the regedit window and doing New > String Value and name it "Main". Now, inside the value text box; paste the directory address into the text box. Now press the enter key.

22934021.th.png

Then double click the (Default) string key and inside the text box, paste again. It should look like this:

http://img227.imageshack.us/i/44480587.png/

Press enter. You are done! Now run the installer for the ARMA 2 patch and everything should work out great. If you have any questions, reply and I will be sure to answer them ASAP.

Additional Information:

This guide was made on a 64-bit operating system. Directories may be different for 32-bit operating systems. For example: On a 32-bit operating system there is no "wow6432node" folder. (at least I don't think so; if I am wrong please correct me!)

This is for a STANDALONE ARMA 2 installation, and not Combined Operations or a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation. This is also not for the STEAM version of ARMA 2.

Edited by bw1231996