Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Doolittle Anti-cheat System

Spayker, that is a good question. I use cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo. I think that requires cba_main.pbo though. You should be able to put that up on your server without requiring clients to run it. If you aren't able to then let me know because I want to make this easy for you to use. I don't want to have to require clients to download anything. That would ruin the whole point... which is to move towards having more open servers that aren't locked down, passworded, and have check signatures on.

It's already done. CBA main and extended_eventhandlers deployed on my server yesterday. But, I don't know how to check it now.

You could download TroopMon2, which is a legitimate addon, but nefarious people sometimes use it in multiplayer. Then try to connect to your server with it loaded. Just having it in your addons folder "loads" it into memory. You should NOT see a "DooACS: Pass" but be disconnected instead, after you start the mission. Note if you try to test this by having dooacs.pbo on your computer and then starting a mission, it will never disconnect you from your own computer because you are the server. Please let me know how it goes, Spayker. I've been hoping for feedback from server operators for some time now!

Edited by Doolittle

Doolittle, it works. I'm using pnly cba_main and extended_eventhandlers. Other cba files, don't need. Thx for cheat defence, you're the best!!! ;)

Detects Lo*lost*k*, Bu*fas*, and Mor*gear now

Thanks to those who pointed Lo*lost out to me

:292:

maybe i can release the full version now.. thanks doolittle for adding it to your system.

Doolittle, Dyslexci made a couple of addons for CQB that he said "MIGHT" be considered cheats because they would give a player an advantage over other players in CQB.

Maybe something in a config file that would allow the server admin to set exceptions to certain "cheats", like these 2 DYSL addons?

It worked very well last night doolittle, thank you very much

You're the man Doo !

tx tx tx tx tx tx tx tx and many thanks forever

Do joiners need this addon, because it seems like no one joins me when I use it?

No. It's serverside only.

Also I don't think Dyslexis tools are CHEATS as you can simply sig check against them... Stuff like LOKI was vital to get done as it was actually destructive to gameplay when converted to MP and could be used on even signed servers by various "tools" floating around.

No one is actively going to "Cheat" against AI by using CQB enhancements... in matches sure this might be a problem but you can't stop anyone as there is always a way around it. Id rather this tool stayed protecting against the damaging addons / hacks doing their rounds.

Edited by rexehuk

Point taken, rex, but as those Dysl addons give a player an advantage over another in adversarial, let's let Doolittle make the final call, eh?

Send me PM and link to addon if you think it's a cheat

New version 1e

Blocks two new cheats: A* and MR*

Edited by Doolittle

New version 1f

Now you can specify what addons you don't want allowed on your server as well as what user actions. This is done by loading a file called dooacsconfig.sqf that you'd place in the root of your game directory. Mine is "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

Within this file you can have:

dooacsDisabledPatches = "['myCheat', 'CHN_TroopMon']";

dooacsDisabledActions = "['Open cheat menu', 'Set viewdistance']";

If someone fails a patch or action check, you will see in-game and on arma2server.RPT:

DooACS: Doolittle (id=12345) caused a flagrant error! - Patch

DooACS: Doolittle (id=12345) caused a flagrant error! - Action

..and they will get kicked. Note if you clear out the recommended dooacsDisabledPatches and dooacsDisabledActions that I have listed, you will not be protected from known cheats, so just add to these arrays.

Also note there is a new CBA it would seem, and a quickfix here that should make it easier to read your server logfile.

P.S. My arma2server.RPT is here (Win XP): "C:\Documents and Settings\Doolittle\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2"

Edited by Doolittle

Ran this on our server last night. DooACS detected and removed 3 would be hackers. Great job, Dolittle!

Sent you a PM with a couple of questions. Thank you in advance!

New version 1g

New option to block dialogs that have controls with certain text in them. Useful for when hackers post their cheats in screenshots and that's all you know about the hack.

dooacsDisabledText = "['GodMode', 'God Mode', 'You Items&cash']";

Note this takes about ten seconds to check. If you don't wish to run this particular check, just set dooacsDisabledText = "[]"

Edited by Doolittle

Thanks for updating Doolittle. Perhaps this thread should be moved to the "ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE" forum area?

Is there a way to run this on a dedi box without it showing a yellow icon?

Is there any possible way of running anti-cheat on a non-dedicated server? I'm so sick of hackers joining my game every time I host a small coop mission. The other day I banned over 8 hackers within a 2 hour period of time. Most of them spawn tons of bombs, others spawn themselves an Abrams, 1 guys turned me into a 50 foot giant and I was stuck in gay animation and had to restart the mission. Another guy spawned a battleship of some kind in the mountains. I wish they would just f#ck off and die. I'm starting to hate this game because of it.

Is there a way to allow this to work with ARMA2free? Right now all those players are blocked.

Is there a way to allow this to work with ARMA2free? Right now all those players are blocked.

Can't have mods serverside if you want ArmA2Free players to come in from what I recall.

I play on servers that has recently installed DOOACS but the constant CBA version mismatch spam when people join is getting tiredsome, and on a public server with VON disabled it also ruin communication between players. Is there any way to turn these messages off?