Sign in to follow this  
cavemans

crashes graphics card!

I am getting crashes that cause my graphics card to stop working then the game goes blank and i can see my desktop but i am still ingame it gets annoying during multiplayer missions. My graphics card is Intel HD graphics. What can I do?

Make sure your focus is on the game, (ie.. alt-tab to it) and blindly enter the following key presses:

Left-Shift (hold), Numpad -, Numpad -, F, L, U, S, H

That will reload directx stuff and generally speaking resolve things.

You might also try using the search function on the forums, as I'm pretty confident this has been addressed many times before. Welcome to the forums.

Make sure your focus is on the game, (ie.. alt-tab to it) and blindly enter the following key presses:

Left-Shift (hold), Numpad -, Numpad -, F, L, U, S, H

That will reload directx stuff and generally speaking resolve things.

You might also try using the search function on the forums, as I'm pretty confident this has been addressed many times before. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the help I will try this out next time it crashes and sorry for not using the search button, I forgot all about it. By the way this isnt related but do you know why arma 2 works better the higher my graphics are, when I put it on low graphics my laptop just starts lagging horribly. edit:wow by the way fast answer I love it when forums have fast answers!

Edited by cavemans

I´m surprised you can play the game on integrated gpu at all (way below min specs) :)

I am getting crashes that cause my graphics card to stop working then the game goes blank and i can see my desktop but i am still ingame it gets annoying during multiplayer missions. My graphics card is Intel HD graphics. What can I do?

very surprising indeed...

My graphics card is Intel HD graphics.

What can I do?

Buy a proper video card?

If you are running on a laptop though, well, nothing much you can do about it there...

So i just have to deal with it? Oh it only happens on certain missions like the us army scenerio mission where you get to play with the weopons and stuff it happens right as the thing assigns the task to see the air vehicles.

What PC or laptop do you have, and what is your "video memory" setting on in the game? (Look under advanced video options.)

i couldnt even play this game on intergrated graphics. crazy. Thats just crazy. Work for a few months and save for a i7 quad core, 4-8GB ram, Windows 7 , AMD 6970 or 6990 , a huge case , a 750 Watt PSU and a creative X-fi soundblaster and go from there.

Im not rich , but saving for that system is worth it :):):)

PROBLEM solved and if you are a gamer youll be HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!