Sign in to follow this  
jbl2

Invincible Tanks in OA scenario E5:Jackal

Hi,

I'm playing the E5:Jackal scenario where you have to destroy tanks with satchels, but the satchels cannot kill the tanks. None of the tanks took any damage after planting satchels next to each, although the service station and gas station were destroyed for the other objective. Reverting and planting 3 satchels next to one tank (one right under, one beside, one in front) still did nothing. Then I restarted the mission, placed one satchel next to the first tank, and five next to and underneath the second. The first died and the second was not hurt.

I'm recently purchased A2 and OA separately off steam (so it is up to date) and am playing with the most recent ACE 2. Should I just restart the mission and hope it works this time? Can I submit this as a bug?

Edited by jbl2

Unfortunately sometimes mods like ACE 2 can cause issues with missions that were not designed with such mods. Some are not noticeable, others are like the issue your having.

So if upon restarting the game the mission has the same issue, then i would try it with ACE disabled. If it works with ACE disbled then report the problem in the ACE thread or better still make a ticket for it on ACE2 Dev Heaven page - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues.

If the problem isn't resolved then make a ticket on ARMA2 community issue traker page - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

If it works with ACE disbled then report the problem in the ACE thread or better still make a ticket for it on ACE2 Dev Heaven page - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues.

I restarted with all mods disabled and it worked. How do I submit a ticket at the above ACE2 page? I registered an account but the page is very confusing.

ace has an armor damage system that can disable the vehicle without destroying it, this breaks a lot of missions where the condition is that a certain vehicle or vehicles are destroyed

unless you hammer them until they set on fire and explode

on our server we once put six satchels on a vodnik and it still didn't destroy it :/ until we gave up and used RPG's

Edited by wheres my rabbit ?

I restarted with all mods disabled and it worked. How do I submit a ticket at the above ACE2 page? I registered an account but the page is very confusing.

When you login, a new TAB called "NEW ISSUE", should appear next to the "issue" tab on the page main menu near to the top. Which should now be in the same order as below:

* Overview

* Activity

* Roadmap

* Issues

* New issue

* News

* Wiki

* Repository

Or you can click the Link above and it will take you to the page you need to be (you will have to sign in first though). Then just fill in the blanks and submit the new ticket.

ace has an armor damage system that can disable the vehicle without destroying it, this breaks a lot of missions where the condition is that a certain vehicle or vehicles are destroyed

unless you hammer them until they set on fire and explode

on our server we once put six satchels on a vodnik and it still didn't destroy it :/ until we gave up and used RPG's

But in my case and the case you describe, I don't think the problem was that the tanks were disabled but not destroyed. After all, how could five or six satchels not destroy a tank or vodnik or at least make them look damaged? I also had the same problem killing a tank in the Manhattan campaign mission - artillery strikes and many AP or HE rounds from an LAV had no effect, except to kill the exposed gunner. However RPGs worked just like your vodnik. This really seems like a bug in ACE.

I submitted a description at the "New Issue" link teaboy gave (Thanks for that).

Your welcome Jbl2

Could you post a link up here to the actual ticket so others with this issue can vote for the issue and update it with their own experiences and possible Repro Missions for the ace devs to look at. Thanks.

Actually doesn't matter i found it here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16466.

Just to let you know, Sickboy has requested that you upload your .RPT file to the ticket.

Edited by teaboy

I uploaded both RPT files after restarting Arma with the same mods as produced the errors.