Sign in to follow this  
spektre76

3D Mission Editor and.....(other)

I'd like to see the Mission editor be made into a 3D environment where we can 'fly through' the map. This way we can place units where ever we want. For example I have been trying to place a sentry on the 'catwalk' of a control tower at an airfield but the bot just gets trapped inside the building even when the 'house position' is highlighted for the correct area. I feel having this would eliminate any problems.

Additionally, we need a load out selector that has ALL weaponry available in it. It needs to be in the same style as the 'gear' menu. This way the coding that needs to be done is with scripting waypoints or triggers. The controls in the editor also feel kind of clunky. It would be nice to customize your character as well from the boots to the helmet. Anything else like additional gear or weapons can be made by us the community.

:)

FPDR for requesting features that already exist. With a little knowledge of scripting (or at least classnames) and some patience you can use the 3d editor to create missions and customizing your troops is just down to use of addweapon and addmagazine commands. I've never tried setobjecttexture but presumably that would allow you to customize the boots etc.

In short, for point one press ctrl+e on the main menu.

Your loadout selector with everything available is called the unit's init line.

FPDR Where does that exist? All ever see is a top view of the map.

FPDR Where does that exist? All ever see is a top view of the map.

read before asking the forth time..

...press ctrl+e on the main menu.

In short, for point one press ctrl+e on the main menu.

FPDR for not reading my post properly :)

The 3d editor isn't the most intuitive thing in the world, in fact the only thing around that is any less intuitive is Visitor3 imho.

Hmm, I don't think the 3D editor's too bad. It's not amazing, but it's a lot less hassle than the 2D editor for object placement and the like.

FPDR for not reading my post properly :)

The 3d editor isn't the most intuitive thing in the world, in fact the only thing around that is any less intuitive is Visitor3 imho.

LOL, I'm a tard. I have the problem on not RTFP of RTFQ, lol. Thanks man I will try it out. I know you say it isn't intuitive but will it let me at least place the unlucky 'crewman #6" on the cat walk, lol?

:bounce3:

the current 3d editor is so very strange and unintuitive to use that despite trying many times to use it no luck.

things like center, or multiple soldier types listed one above each other under independent/opfor/blufor/etc, and cryptic commands make it an excercise in futility. not being able to load maps made in 2d editor and being map interchangeable with their 3d editor.

really hope bis apply a LOT of love and work to this underdeveloped part of arma2 easier and actually useful. probably never happen but damn that would make mission making so much quicker.

ionos has made a great rte, very useful, but its currently real buggy and crashes quite often.

Edited by twisted