Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

RIP Pete Postlethwaite

First saw him in Sharpe, so always remember him as Hawkeswell (sp?).

Sgt. Hakeswill

Brilliant actor, not just the films but on stage aswell.

Ive just been watching Sharpes rifles series and was laughing at his character. Sharpes nemesis. The i watched The Town by Ben Affleck and saw him in that too and it got me looking at his IMDB page and seeing all the movies and now i see he's died. Great actor.

wasn't he in alien 3 as one of the criminals on the penal colony?

Yes he was, perhaps Golic?

Yes he was, perhaps Golic?

Nah, Golic was played by Paul McGann who was in 'Withnail & I' and that fairly crap Doctor Who movie they did before they started doing the TV show again.

I forget the name of Pete Postlethwaite's character in Alien 3, but his performance was, as ever solid; regardless of the quality of the rest of the film.

The man really was one of the finest character actors that TV and cinema has had; and I think us Brits we were lucky to have more exposure to his career than most.

He was also a proud resident of Shropshire; which automatically made him a better person than most. ;)

his name was David in alien 3

Interesting point bringing up golic, the film only works if you watch the special edition version, because in the theatre release, the last we see of golic is when he's tied to the bed and you never see his fate. At least in the special edition there is no dog and we see a much extended scene with golic's demise

his name was David in alien 3

Interesting point bringing up golic, the film only works if you watch the special edition version, because in the theatre release, the last we see of golic is when he's tied to the bed and you never see his fate. At least in the special edition there is no dog and we see a much extended scene with golic's demise

I only just realised the other day that my Alien Quadrology DVD collection (which has 9 discs in it) has the extended version of A3 in it, and it's a quite substantial increase, about a half hour. So, now I've got a "good" excuse to watch it.