Sign in to follow this  
Griffin64

BI tools created a new drive?

Hi there, I recently started messing around with some of BI's editing tools for ArmA. Today I noticed that a P: drive has been created on my computer that has the exact same capacity and used space as my normal C: drive. Does anyone know what this is and how I can get rid of it?

Ah alright, sorry about putting it in the wrong section. Thanks for the fast reply.

Also, how would I go about removing it? I keep seeing uninstall files in it but they're spreadsheet format or some other strange type.

have you tried the uninstall? It should be called BI's Tool drive Unistall. It works for me

Yeah that gave me an error and said that it may not have uninstalled or there were some files missing...something along those lines. Oh well, I'll be reformatting in a couple days anyways :P

Start menu -> Run

Enter cmd to start console / command prompt

In there type: subst p: /d

However if the shortcut to the mapdisk.bat is still in your autoruns / startup folder, the drive will be back after the next windows start. So you need to make sure the shortcut is gone too.

why do you want to mess about with the tools but uninstall the drive? You won't really be able to use the tools without it so you might as well uninstall the lot.

why do you want to mess about with the tools but uninstall the drive? You won't really be able to use the tools without it so you might as well uninstall the lot.

It's more out of curiosity. I wanted to know how to properly remove it since it didn't seem to be working through the normal method. I plan to reinstall it after my reformat anyways.