Sign in to follow this  
Swedge

Sneaky Bastard Insurgency Guide

Excellent Guide, Swedge! Insurgency is one of my favorite MP/missions.

A stupid question though, how do you change to Blufor?

Some servers have a time limit to switch sides, if you do not the player ends up kicked.

Nice guide, I finally tried Insurgency after reading it and really had a good time. I played as insurgents and immediately noticed some of the silly things you pointed out West would do... :)

From the guide:

"In Arma 2 you are also invisible to thermal optics if you stand behind glass."

This is actually real-life physics. Long infrared (IR) wavelengths (thermal optics detect IR waves as a heat signature) cannot pass through most conventional glasses. This is how a greenhouse works. The glass allows visible sunlight in, but reflects back much of the heat radiating off objects inside the greenhouse.

From the guide:

"In Arma 2 you are also invisible to thermal optics if you stand behind glass."

This is actually real-life physics. Long infrared (IR) wavelengths (thermal optics detect IR waves as a heat signature) cannot pass through most conventional glasses. This is how a greenhouse works. The glass allows visible sunlight in, but reflects back much of the heat radiating off objects inside the greenhouse.

Wasn't aware of this. You learn something new everyday.

Anyway, nice guide. I know they are not easy to write and get perfect because I am in the process of writing a "Malware 101" eBook.

Great guide, This mission has become a norm on the 506th server full to mission capacity. Hope to see you there sometime

Excellent guide. Good for more PvP scenarios than insurgency alone.

-k

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated :)

A stupid question though, how do you change to Blufor?

Some servers have a time limit to switch sides, if you do not the player ends up kicked.

I don't recall seeing any limits for switching to Blufor (except for the number of slots on the server), only for switching to Opfor. The mission is coded so that you can only take 1 Opfor slot for every 4 Human Blufor slots taken. For example, 4 Human Blufors mean that 1 additional person can go as Human Opfor. 8 means 2. 12 means 3. And 16 means 4. If you try to take a slot as Human Opfor with insufficient Human Blufor on the server, it kicks you automatically.

Great guide. And nice north star quiz! :D

"a nice lady in a green woolen coat" lmao!!!

Just read through 'Sneaky Bastard Insurgency Guide' and I think it is an excellent guide.

Apparently I am not a Google member, since all I get when trying to view/download the guide is a link to sign in (or sign up for) some Google-something account.

Any chance that guide may be available as a .pdf or mirrored in normal html somewhere? I have no interest in signing up for anything Google, thank you.

That’s great! The title just cracked me up. Thank you for sharing your work.

Thanks Zap. Much appreciated.

It's funny how often I still hear myself or mates getting abused as 'sneaky bastards' by people who haven't even read or heard of the guide :)

Happy hunting mate!