Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Socom: Navy Seals [Ideas]

I'll bet 20 euros that most missions that went wrong were down to the piss poor intelligence provided and not the skills of the SEALS.

Whats more dangerous than the S.A.S or the Navy SEALS?

When you put them together and give 'em fast air...

I'll bet 20 euros that most missions that went wrong were down to the piss poor intelligence provided and not the skills of the SEALS.

Whats more dangerous than the S.A.S or the Navy SEALS?

When you put them together and give 'em fast air...

The SAS are very popular in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think if its anyone to fight... its them. I would like to see them fight together more often, it does seem like a very good strategy. Anyways, I thought this was funny though lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkbFP7iXPBg ~ it looks like one of those Tactical 3rd person machine gun vehicles that the SAS use. I love those, they were pretty brilliant for making them. Better hope a fucking camel spider does make a home in his butt lol!!

Edited by DeclaredEvol

True, lacking intel and bad prep, compounded by a few lapses in judgement on the part of the seals involved. Same thing happened in Grenada and four dudes drowned. The SAS did the same in GW1 - everyone does it eventually, and then it's time to pay the boatman.

6 Ps

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance?

-k

At the end of the day SOF are just dudes with a good deal of confidence in their own (considerable) abilities. That and experience is what carries the day, nothing godlike about it.

Indeed, when you talk so SF personell you will discover these are some pretty down to earth guys. They make mistakes, be a little too careless sometimes just like everybody and they don't lie about it. What makes them thought is their survival skills and endurance, not their ability to kill goatherders. They are doing some amazing stuff which involves a lot more than breaking and killing stuff, they train foreign personell and are able to arrest a lot of bad guys alive and with the proof to give them a fair trail.

Maybe killing everyone who might give away your position is SOP but don't forget SOPs are written by pencil pushers. Killing children who stumbled onto your position is never "standard".

To go back OT: Would be nice to have some didicated SEAL models with special weapons and ability to keep their gear when swimming in ACE, maybe even with the help of a Tactical Flotation Support System(TFSS) to use as a ruck.

Back on topic... I request that if indeed you do create these units, that you use the hats from here on some of them.

Next user who 'takes a dump' here gets a free vacation, courtesy of Franze airlines.

operation red wing

Hey I successfully completed that mission when I was 15.

Who wants ketchup!?

:yay: