Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Can anybody tell me does this by chance include islamic state (ISIS/ISIL) in the mod??? I have been looking for a ISIS mod for awhile now and the "only one" i could come up with was the MIS-ISIS Mod, and that is seriously outdated & in need of being updated.

No, Insurgency does not include any assets.

Hi,

I am trying to change the spawn range for AI on my map, and I can't seem to figure it out (or be able to google it). Anyone here who knows how to change that?

I would like the AI to spawn at 600 meters (or even more), so that Snipers can start engageing before troops go into a building.

Edit:

Also, I have added 2 new soldiers, snipers. I have made them to be "Charlie111" and "Charlie112". I have added this to UPS.sqf in server/AI and defines.sqf in common.

Now I can use those, AI spawns, but grids won't clear when I kill all ete enemies and get into a grid with those 2. Any ideas?

Edited by Willcyd
secondary question

To edit spawn range, look in common\defines:

#define DEBUG		false

//Constants
#define VIEWDISTANCE		3000
#define SPAWNRANGE 			500 <--CHANGE THIS VALUE
#define WEP_DESPAWN_RANGE	100

To add new classes (in addition to what you have already done), look in common\defines:

#define westSoldierClasses [ADD NEW CLASSNAMES TO THIS ARRAY]

Okay, great. It works like a charm now. Thanks. Only one more thing I did, was to edit a cleanup script, that would remove spawned enemy units at larger range (Snipers would see AI spawning for just a second and dissapear again) But it's all cool now :-)

Now. Becaus I play this map with just small group, we're unable to finish it in one session and I host it from game, not with dedicated server. So I've figured I would enable Save. After I have enabled save, I am able to save map while leaving it, but when I try to resume I get info that I am missing additional mods, that are not needed while joining for first time.

http://i.imgur.com/ZI9SASz.jpg (284 kB)

I have added ACEX_RU to my collection in PLay with Six, but it did not change anything, I still get this info.

Any idea how to fix that?

There have been many problems with loading saved games going back to OFP, I think. Your best bet is to either set your cache count to 1 (or whatever number seems doable for your sessions), or set up/rent a dedi server so the mission can run in persistent mode.

To change the number of caches spawned, edit the default value of the class cacheCount entry in description.ext, or simply choose your desired number of caches on the parameters page when you are starting the mission.

class cacheCount {
	title="    Number of Ammo Caches"; 
	values[]={ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 }; 
	texts[]={ "1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9" }; 
	default=3; <--CHANGE THIS VALUE
	code = "";

I think I will have to invest in renting a server then. Thank You for information :-)

I think I will have to invest in renting a server then. Thank You for information :-)

Well, I know that folks have been doing their best to find/create a solution for quite a while now - persistent data in MP is a big thing now, and a working solution is the only reason why mission types like Wasteland and Life are popular. Not saying there is a good fix for this situation, but definitely dig around the forum a bit before you spend your money.

Hey all, I figured I'd ask here since this is the official topic about Insurgency.

A member of our clan is trying to add some code to the Insurgency 1.50 mission that automatically switches off any vehicle engine when the vehicle in question is left unoccupied for a certain amount of time, say 30 seconds.

Can someone explain how to make this work? And maybe provide the names of the files we need to change to make this work, and maybe provide us with some example code?

Can someone explain how to make this work?

I guess it would depend upon the script you want to add. You could preprocess from common\initclient-common.sqf or common\initserver-common.sqf, execVM from an invisible helipad/similar static, etc.

Hey guys, I seen in other discussions the possibility of give all opfor units night vision. Do any of you good men know how to make this possible? I know it goes against the Insurgent idea, but the guys I play with all want this to happen so that playing as opfor is more enjoyable.

just do an addition on each unit spawned, should be in the server functions. Insert a check for the unit having nightvision, a hasweapon check, and then if it fails the check, add nightvision, if it doesnt, don't.

Alternatively you could make it so the script is executed through a check inserted in the opfor player switch system, so that way only the opfor which get used as players have nightvision. Of course you could always just make sure that the moon phase lets you have enough light for combat at night without nvgs.

Alternatively you could make it so the script is executed through a check inserted in the opfor player switch system, so that way only the opfor which get used as players have nightvision. Of course you could always just make sure that the moon phase lets you have enough light for combat at night without nvgs.

The moon phase sounds less trouble, so how would I go about that then?

I have read over this hole post and havent found anything about replacing TK Insurgents with I44 Germans could somone tell me what file i do that it

I have read over this hole post and havent found anything about replacing TK Insurgents with I44 Germans could somone tell me what file i do that it

Well first I think you have to run the I44 Mod and then there is a file which defines east classes. I think the east classes are found in the common folder in the defines.sqf. Be warned, editing Insurgency is a real pain in the ass dude, so many errors can occur by just changing small things. I wish I could help more but I find editing this mission really hard, good luck.

Well first I think you have to run the I44 Mod and then there is a file which defines east classes. I think the east classes are found in the common folder in the defines.sqf. Be warned, editing Insurgency is a real pain in the ass dude, so many errors can occur by just changing small things. I wish I could help more but I find editing this mission really hard, good luck.

I got it working they spawn but they spawn flickering is that a known problem with Insurgency??

Well i got it to work but now there is a problem since ive added the I44 german slots when people want to play opfor they slot in then spawn in the debug with a gun and there is no warning saying you must click map and select the unit you wish to spawn on is there somewhere in the mission files i need to edit to allow the opfor players to spawn on the I44 units??

Well i got it to work but now there is a problem since ive added the I44 german slots when people want to play opfor they slot in then spawn in the debug with a gun and there is no warning saying you must click map and select the unit you wish to spawn on is there somewhere in the mission files i need to edit to allow the opfor players to spawn on the I44 units??

Do you not just open the map and select the unit you wish to spawn on?

The moon phase sounds less trouble, so how would I go about that then?

Just advance the date of the mission. Moon phases during the month. ArmA moonphases are *supposed* to be accurate, but really they just follow a simple algorithim. Just advance days until you get to a suitable level. Remember the moonlight is also limited by cloud cover and the time of night.

I realise this might be a long shot with such an old map but did anyone ever find out why static artillery pieces almost immediately despawn, and are impossible to spawn through triggers (both empty and manned CSW units?). I see it was asked previously here but I have struggled to find why exactly this is.