Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Aw, nuts. With the removal of setVehicleInit, et al, in the latest update, Arma 3 Insurgency is now completely broken.

@CallMeSarge: Looks like you might have missed a file. They need to be added to the UPS file that is located in server/AI/UPS add them to the #define westplayerstrings. eg. Hitman116 etc.... or whatever new slots you created.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

try up to 9 and let me know if it works. I would have to see where those defines are used since that is all they are there. Just definitions. I do have Ins 1.50 somewhere so if I get a chance I will take a look.

I've made 10 slot squad so I know works.

I added Hitman110 and 116-119.

Also I didn't want to increase player slots so I combined 5 man squad to 10 man

Code:

#define squadUnitStrings(X) [X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9",X+"0"]

#define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119","Hitman110",\

"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135",\

"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145",\

"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155",\

"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165"]

@CallMeSarge: Looks like you might have missed a file. They need to be added to the UPS file that is located in server/AI/UPS add them to the #define westplayerstrings. eg. Hitman116 etc.... or whatever new slots you created.

Wow. Smacking my forehead here! Why didn't I see this when I was searching through the mission files for instances of the "HitmanXXX" string?

Great catch, LSD!

Hello. I've modified a standard Insurgency 1.50 for Takistan a bit for my friends, adding three new squads to it. The problem is, the players in these squads are unable to call support or repair vehicles at MHQ (it says "you must be squad leader" or "you must have squad leader"), even if the player is a leader of the squad. Also, while respawning they can only respawn at base.

This does not seem to be the case when I replace one of the "Hitman" squads (by replace I mean changing soldiers in it, or deleting the squad and making another one with the same strings and group ID), both respawning and calling support work.

What do I need to change to fix those new squads?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dr_Whooves_Jr

^ check the last few pages of the thread.. I'm thinking you need to add the new players to various arrays

^ check the last few pages of the thread.. I'm thinking you need to add the new players to various arrays

I did, but... Oh well, scratch it, I figured that the squads had to be named "Hitman 1-something" and soldiers in them had to have IDs "Hitman1something" for everything to work properly. Problem solved. Kinda.

I did, but... Oh well, scratch it, I figured that the squads had to be named "Hitman 1-something" and soldiers in them had to have IDs "Hitman1something" for everything to work properly. Problem solved. Kinda.

Yeah it's slightly more involved then just adding Hitman000. To answer your question it would be easier to look at what you did. (Assuming you //my edit here// where you edited and what was edited//*/*) Makes life easier for peeps reading the code and more willing to help you instead of doing it for you. But everything is answered in previous posts.

Hi there Fireball.

Im currently loving your insurgency mission for ArmA 3 (sort of) only problem is that i could not understand what to do when i respawned and once i died i was respawned at field hospital and left there. I could neither figure out how to get off that island you spawn on so i took the matter in my own hands wich im hoping is ok with you and edited the mission a little.

Things i have changed it that the player is no longer invulnerable (:yay:), a new spawn with boats and a hunter spawner and the AH-6 but also the virtual ammobox. I hope this is ok with you and if its ok for me to upload the edited mission just pm me or something.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. When I spawn for the first time I can play as normal but notice all the caches have been destroyed already.

Then after about 20 - 30 seconds I'm taken to the respawn menu screen. When I press "enter, the countdown starts. Upon it reaching zero it flashes to the player view and back to the respawn menu.

Backspace doesn't work in the respawn menu either.

Hopefully I'm not overlooking anything trivial?

Good news :)

What does this have to do with Insurgency? Your good news is Spam?

@flashchaser Sometimes the PBO just gets screwed up try repacking it after opening it in the editor and repack your saved file. Sounds weird but It's a tip I received long ago that's help me out.

if not try posting your RPT file. so we can see whats errors your having.

Yeah never mind I just ran it and its fubared. Needs some attention to say the least.

So ignore my post till I have some time to see I it's worth fixing or needs a rewrite...Don't think it does but I haven't looked at it

Edited by xx-LSD-xx

Arma 3 Insurgency

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. When I spawn for the first time I can play as normal but notice all the caches have been destroyed already.

Then after about 20 - 30 seconds I'm taken to the respawn menu screen. When I press "enter, the countdown starts. Upon it reaching zero it flashes to the player view and back to the respawn menu.

Backspace doesn't work in the respawn menu either.

Hopefully I'm not overlooking anything trivial?

Fireball Insurgency no longer works in Arma 3, due to the loss of setVehicleInit.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Hi there Fireball.

Im currently loving your insurgency mission for ArmA 3 (sort of) only problem is that i could not understand what to do when i respawned and once i died i was respawned at field hospital and left there. I could neither figure out how to get off that island you spawn on so i took the matter in my own hands wich im hoping is ok with you and edited the mission a little.

Things i have changed it that the player is no longer invulnerable (:yay:), a new spawn with boats and a hunter spawner and the AH-6 but also the virtual ammobox. I hope this is ok with you and if its ok for me to upload the edited mission just pm me or something.

Care to share your setVehicleInit workaround?

Edited by Harzach

Fireball Insurgency no longer works in Arma 3, due to the loss of setVehicleInit.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Care to share your setVehicleInit workaround?

1.) Yes, I know it all broke with this command removed and I didn't feel working on the project at that point in time because it wasn't clear to me if other commands would removed, or if it would be put back in etc. - at any rate I didn't have an idea how to work around it yet and neither the time to work it out.

2.) Please share it with everyone or PM me and I might implement it, if you don't mind.

I'll just upload the mission and then you can take what you want from it. :)

No thanks. Sorry to be harsh, but that mission is hopelessly broken. Did you do any testing?

No thanks. Sorry to be harsh, but that mission is hopelessly broken. Did you do any testing?

I did test the mission thing is im kinda new to this making missions to arma and im not really sure what setvehicleinit was used for and why the loss of it has broken the mission becouse the mission is working for me. I know my edit is not perfect but it works and thats a good thing.

I guess...:butbut:

First, and most egregiously, you have taken full credit for the mission.

onloadname = "Insurgency";
author="GetzTheGoldfish";
onloadmission = "Version 0.92";
briefingName="Insurgency";

This is simply NOT done, and will earn you no friends here.

Now, then.

Your M2 Hunter is spawned on a rock.

The AH-9 often explodes when it respawns, as it respawns inside the Spartan. It also often "sticks" to the Spartan when trying to take off the first time.

You can't get to the boats without injuring yourself.

You can't get from the boats back to the base.

You are using "LOITER" waypoints for AI boats.

There is no respawn_west marker. You can, however, respawn in the Military Cargo House, but you can't get out as there is a tree in the doorway.

AI do not drop intel.

When a grid goes "active", AI spawn from it continually, heading toward a point on the map not relevant to the player(s) position. This eventually slows the server down to a standstill as the numbers reach into the hundreds.

That's off the top of my head.

Again, I am sorry, but this mission does not work. I can't imagine how you could have played this at all without running into several of these issues right away.

I don't want to discourage you from editing, but starting with Insurgency is a bad idea. It is a very complex mission that can be very easily broken, as it has been by the removal of setVehicleInit in Arma 3.

Start by creating your own missions. Read Mr Murray's guide to scripting. Ask questions here.

Yes, it'll take some time, but it's worth it to do it right.

Edited by Harzach

I was wondering if I could port a insurgency mission on to reshman province how can I do that

I was wondering...

Sure, all the info you need is in this topic.

well i cant seem to find on how to port insurgency to a different map where can i find it

There is no one post that details the process. You need to read through the topic to find the information you need.

As I said a few posts ago, editing Insurgency - even a "simple" port to a new island - requires a basic understanding of how the mission works.

First, and most egregiously, you have taken full credit for the mission.

author="GetzTheGoldfish";

This is simply NOT done, and will earn you no friends here.

Now, then.

Your M2 Hunter is spawned on a rock. = Its an offroad vehicle it likes rocks

The AH-9 often explodes when it respawns, as it respawns inside the Spartan. It also often "sticks" to the Spartan when trying to take off the first time. = Seems like im just gonna have to move it

You can't get to the boats without injuring yourself. = Had to do this since teleports wouldnt let people join the mission dont know why :(

You can't get from the boats back to the base. = Same as above

You are using "LOITER" waypoints for AI boats. = Tried it out becouse its a new addition to the game

There is no respawn_west marker. You can, however, respawn in the Military Cargo House, but you can't get out as there is a tree in the doorway.

AI do not drop intel. = Dont know why it wont drop ill look into that.

When a grid goes "active", AI spawn from it continually, heading toward a point on the map not relevant to the player(s) position. This eventually slows the server down to a standstill as the numbers reach into the hundreds. = That doesent sound good ill try fixing that then

That's off the top of my head.

Again, I am sorry, but this mission does not work. I can't imagine how you could have played this at all without running into several of these issues right away.

First of all, i have not taken full credit of someone elses work.

"Credits", 
"
[b]Mission by pogoman, revised and further developed by Fireball then edited by GetzTheGoldfish.[/b]<br/>
Insurgency is based on the gamemode created by Project Reality (an excellent realism mod for battlefield 2).<br/>
The patrolling AI vehicles use Kronzy's fantastic Urban Patrol Script (UPS).<br/>
The gear respawn dialog is a heavily modified version of the one used in Warfare - Benny edition.<br/>
Thanks to Swedge for the briefing contribution.<br/>

Thing is i did change the author name to GetzTheGoldfish since i was tired of picking the wrong mission when editing, sorry if that offended you or someone else it was not my intention.

but if you think having a mission where you are invulnerable, cant leave spawn or respawn properly is better then fine.

I never stated that my edit would be flawless and most of the problems you've stated are quick fixes or stuff added by me just so i could try them out.

And once again sorry if i offended someone by changing the author name.

Edited by GetzTheGoldfish

Getz -

The "right" way to do it is to change the mission name, something like "Goldfish_Insurgency_0.92", then append your name onto the author line:

author="pogoman, Fireball, Kol9yN, edited by GetzTheGoldfish";

Regarding what can be fixed, those things are largely cosmetic. However, they show either an indifference to quality or a lack of testing. For example, a quick search for "Arma loiter waypoint" and you would know that it is for aircraft only.

Then there is that which can not be fixed..

AI are not dropping intel because it seems you excised lines 147-165 from common\server\AI\functions.sqf to "fix" the setVehicleInit error when AI are spawned.

Now that AI are spawning, they are doing so in absurd numbers, and not despawning when players are out of range. Jump in a helo and take a lap around the island. By the time you manage to get back to the Spartan, your framerate will be somewhere near 1, and you will have this to contend with:

arma32013-06-1412-11-27-50_zpsd70a90ca.jpg

On starting a new round, I teleported myself to the canal in the middle of Agia Marina, then immediately back to base. Here is the result:

arma32013-06-1412-18-40-42_zps47bd7a8e.jpg

With that, I'd just like to reiterate my closing thoughts from this post:

I don't want to discourage you from editing, but starting with Insurgency is a bad idea. It is a very complex mission that can be very easily broken, as it has been by the removal of setVehicleInit in Arma 3.

Start by creating your own missions. Read Mr Murray's guide to scripting. Ask questions here.

Yes, it'll take some time, but it's worth it to do it right.

text

Ok thanks, maybe someday i will be able to edit the more complex missions such as insurgency myself. Now ill go ahead and start making my own masterpiece.

That's the spirit. And don't be shy about asking questions! You'll find this forum to be full of helpful and knowledgeable people.