Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

I can't be killed in this mission. Running dedi on my own PC to test it out, took 3 full mags at 3m. Arma 3 version.

There seems to be an issue where players are invincible after a time.. haven't nailed down exactly what is causing it. Resetting mission fixes it (and apparently respawning as well although this is not confirmed)

Vehicles at base also tend to spawn too close together and explode.

Edited by SavageCDN

Thanks for posting up the Arma 3 version Fireball, many thanks :) Nice logo btw

Edited by SaL_iOGC

I can't be killed in this mission. Running dedi on my own PC to test it out, took 3 full mags at 3m. Arma 3 version.

Edit: Restart the mission and left params default, no god mode. No idea what happened.

Having the same problem.. What params did you change initially?

There should be an option to select only cars with no guns, because it's kinda unfair to play with thermal.

And the virtual ammo box script would be nice, so there won't be a problem when gearing up. You just select what you want, save it, and done.

Bug: The backspace gear menu (spawn option) is not working.

Edit: If you enter the helo using 3rd person view, you won't be able to change to 1st person.

Edited by N. Rodrigues

Been testing it out on a private LAN, but having a problem locating caches; does this version have a new marker on the map, as opposed to the old red numbers? When I collect intel I'm not seeing any sort of marker. Or am I supposed to do something else?

Also, last few times I've loaded up the map, all the vehicles in the blue base have exploded upon initial spawn. They respawn after the appropriate time with no prob. Am I setting some parameters wrong?

Thanks again for all the great work, Fireball. I've lost many hours to insurgency in the past and can't wait for A3 insurgency to devour my life!

Edited by admanobrien

Having the same problem.. What params did you change initially?

The missions is going into debug. Somewhere a script broke and it's enabling a debug script to make a player invincible. What is weird is that it's not enabling the other debug scripts. The temp solution is to restart the mission. The temp fix would be to comment out the invincibility part. The correct answer is to find where the mission is breaking. But the only error has to do with the vehicle loop breaking which is usually what happens when the mission breaks somewhere else.

My .rpt file nor -showscripterrors is giving me any clue as to where the problem is.

The problem with the invulnerability of player lies probably within the multiple HD eventhandlers which are added by BIS, plus our HandleDamage EH. I might have to delay our EH, but this is really a crude workaround, if it works at all.

Hi guys,

I have hit a problem whilst trying to edit ace_insurgency1_50.lingor for ArmA 2.

I have increased the squad sizes to be 12 men each (this is because i play with a large group and we are all pretty new, so the green diamond indicators are a big help. Also we get shot all the time, hence more medics!)

I did this by editing the mission sqm, and by updating the defines. Examples below.

The issue I am having is that any squad member i have added in addition to the existing squad members cannot clear grids. So Hitman 111 clears grids fine, but Hitman 116 cannot. I have searched around but could not find an answer - can anyone help please? I am new to editing, and am really just trying to figure stuff out as I go along.

Mission SQM extract for adding squad members:

class Item0
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=12;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={6937.4434,11.725579,7137.7437};
				azimut=649.98297;
				special="NONE";
				id=888;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_TL";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				leader=1;
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=1;
				text="Hitman111";
				init="this setGroupId [""Hitman 1 - 1 -""]; this addweapon ""ACE_Map""; this addweapon ""acre_prc148""; this addweapon ""ACE_Earplugs"";";
				description="Whisky 1-1-1 USMC Section Leader";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				position[]={6938.3257,11.719664,7137.709};
				azimut=4.5563698;
				special="NONE";
				id=889;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_Medic";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				rank="CORPORAL";
				skill=1;
				text="Hitman112";
				init="this addweapon ""ACE_Map"";  this addweapon ""acre_prc148"";  this addweapon ""ACE_Earplugs"";";
				description="Whisky 1-1-2 USMC Medic ";
			};
			class Item2
			{
				position[]={6938.9492,11.714448,7138.2969};
				azimut=4.5563698;
				special="NONE";
				id=890;
				side="WEST";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=1;
				text="Hitman113";
				init="this addweapon ""ACE_Map"";  this addweapon ""acre_prc148"";  this addweapon ""ACE_Earplugs"";";
				description="Whisky 1-1-3 USMC Medic";
			};
			class Item3
			{
				position[]={6938.3931,11.716566,7139.2715};
				azimut=4.5563698;
				special="NONE";
				id=891;
				side="WEST";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=1;
				text="Hitman114";
				description="Whisky 1-1-4 USMC Medic";
			};
			class Item4
			{
				position[]={6937.7393,11.721877,7138.7476};
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=897;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_GL";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman115";
				description="Whisky 1-1-5 USMC Grenadier";
			};
			class Item5
			{
				position[]={6936.7954,11.728765,7138.4507};
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=928;
				side="WEST";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman116";
				description="Whisky 1-1-6 USMC Grenadier";
			};
			class Item6
			{
				position[]={6936.6792,11.732551,7136.6787};
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman117";
				description="Whisky 1-1-7 USMC Grenadier";
			};
			class Item7
			{
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman118";
				description="Whisky 1-1-8 USMC Grenadier";
			};
			class Item8
			{
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_SoldierS_Sniper";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman119";
				description="Whisky 1-1-9 USMC Sniper";
			};
			class Item9
			{
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_SoldierS_Sniper";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman1110";
				description="Whisky 1-1-10 USMC Sniper";
			};
			class Item10
			{
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_Pilot";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman1111";
				description="Whisky 1-1-11 USMC Pilot";
			};
			class Item11
			{
				azimut=-87.252296;
				special="NONE";
				id=929;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_Pilot";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman1112";
				description="Whisky 1-1-12 USMC Pilot";
			};
		};
	};

Defines edit from the common folder

//String Functions
#define squadNumber(X)      call compile toString[toArray(str X) select 7]
#define squadString(X)      ("Hitman1" + str squadNumber(X))
#define squadUnitStrings(X)	[X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9",X+"10",X+"11",X+"12"]
#define unitNumber(X)		call compile toString[toArray(str X) select (count toArray(str X) - 1)]
#define vehicleSquad(X)     (call compile ("Hitman1" + str unitNumber(X)))
#define getName(X)          (playerNames select (westPlayerStrings find str X))
#define squadLeader(X)      (squadString(X)+"1")

What were the initial sizes? Can't tell exactly from that code but it might be that it isn't written properly to handle anything with 2 digits.

CallMeSarge -

Make sure you actually define all of those new slots in the common\defines.sqf, below the section you quoted, where it begins:

#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\

etc...

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

RE: Arma 3 Insurgency -

Not sure why, but I'm not having a problem with invincibility anymore. However, I am seeing a new issue.

Whenever someone picks up intel, the hint (or hints - looks like a traditional hint and a task message now?) is not always seen globally. The one who picks it up always sees the hint(s), but it's hit-or-miss whether or not anyone else does.

Not game-breaking or anything, but curious enough to mention.

Edited by Harzach

Thanks for the replys guys.

@Delta99 - The initial squad sizes were five man, this is default in ACE Insurgency 1.50. What else should I show in order to help here? Where would the 2 digit factor be defined, any idea?

@ Harzach - Pretty sure I have done this, please see example below:

//String Functions
#define squadUnitStrings(X)	[X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9",X+"10",X+"11",X+"12"]
#define unitNumber(X)		call compile toString[toArray(str X) select (count toArray(str X) - 1)]

// these macros do NOT return the actual name of the unit - these are only for text references
#define squadVictor(X)      ("Victor-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define vehicleID(X)		("Hitman-1-" + str unitNumber(X))
#define squadID(X)          ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define unitID(X)           ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X) + "-" + str unitNumber(X))

#define victorID(X)         (\
if(typeOf X == ATVTYPE)then{"ATV-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}else{\
if(typeOf X == HELITYPE)then{"Heli"}else{\
if(typeOf X == MHQTYPE)then{"MHQ"}else{\
"Victor-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}}})

#define IEDList             ["BAF_ied_v1","BAF_ied_v2","BAF_ied_v3","BAF_ied_v4"]
#define cacheType 			"GuerillaCacheBox_EP1"
#define ammoBoxType			"UNBasicWeapons_EP1"
#define westVehicles 		[humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv16,atv11,atv12,atv13,atv14,atv15,heli,MHQ]
#define westVehicleStrings	["humv11","humv12","humv13","humv14","humv15","humv16","atv11","atv12","atv13","atv14","atv15","heli","MHQ"]
#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119","Hitman1110","Hitman1111","Hitman1112",\
						"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman126","Hitman127","Hitman128","Hitman129","Hitman1210","Hitman1211","Hitman1212",\

Anything else I can try? Its no biggie If I can't sort this, I will just knock the squad sizes back to 5 man. Thanks for the input.

@Delta99 - The initial squad sizes were five man, this is default in ACE Insurgency 1.50. What else should I show in order to help here? Where would the 2 digit factor be defined, any idea?

@ Harzach - Pretty sure I have done this, please see example below:

//String Functions

// these macros do NOT return the actual name of the unit - these are only for text references
#define squadVictor(X)      ("Victor-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define vehicleID(X)		("Hitman-1-" + str unitNumber(X))
#define squadID(X)          ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define unitID(X)           ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X) + "-" + str unitNumber(X))

#define victorID(X)         (\
if(typeOf X == ATVTYPE)then{"ATV-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}else{\
if(typeOf X == HELITYPE)then{"Heli"}else{\
if(typeOf X == MHQTYPE)then{"MHQ"}else{\
"Victor-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}}})

#define IEDList             ["BAF_ied_v1","BAF_ied_v2","BAF_ied_v3","BAF_ied_v4"]
#define cacheType 			"GuerillaCacheBox_EP1"
#define ammoBoxType			"UNBasicWeapons_EP1"
#define westVehicles 		[humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv16,atv11,atv12,atv13,atv14,atv15,heli,MHQ]
#define westVehicleStrings	["humv11","humv12","humv13","humv14","humv15","humv16","atv11","atv12","atv13","atv14","atv15","heli","MHQ"]
#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119","Hitman1110","Hitman1111","Hitman1112",\
						"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman126","Hitman127","Hitman128","Hitman129","Hitman1210","Hitman1211","Hitman1212",\

Anything else I can try? Its no biggie If I can't sort this, I will just knock the squad sizes back to 5 man. Thanks for the input.

Seems right. Not sure if it would cause the issue you are facing, but also make sure to edit common\client\variables.sqf, line 8 -

playerNames		= ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""];

This code is correct for 25 player slots, so adjust accordingly.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

Fireball -

Not sure if you've noticed this yet, but "Insurgency" is spelled incorrectly on the banner:

insur.gif

@Delta99 - The initial squad sizes were five man, this is default in ACE Insurgency 1.50. What else should I show in order to help here? Where would the 2 digit factor be defined, any idea?.

try up to 9 and let me know if it works. I would have to see where those defines are used since that is all they are there. Just definitions. I do have Ins 1.50 somewhere so if I get a chance I will take a look.

Thanks again guys. Edited the variables, had no effect. Tried it with 6 man squads, the issue still persisted. Its really twisting my melon! I will go back to 5 man squads for now as a work around.

It's a real noodle-scratcher, Sarge. Could you upload your .pbo somewhere so we could have a look?

Hey,

I added some units and that worked just fine but I tried to add Pilots and Crewman instead of the "normal" US Army units and now they spawn at GridPos 000000 and won't get portet to the MHQ. Does someone know where to edit the script to get that working? I've searched through the script files but I can't find any unit classes. Just the one's for the Opfor units and the term WestSoldierClasses. Is there some way to edit that?

OK, so here is my PBO.

Elements of my mission were copied wholesale from the 6th Airborne Insurgency adaption - I have credited this in the mission file. I have also created this for my clan to use, I am not trying to post this and take credit for anyone else's work!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ca9b81csgnd2c6j

Any advice on resolving the issue or improving this mission file would be most welcome. It's a bit of a mess in there i know!

Hi there! well your question is one of the most questioned.

step 1.- in your insurgency misión folder go to MYMISSIONFOLDER\common\defines.sqf

open it and search for west "SOLDIERCLASS". it is an array with classnames like this["NAME","OTHERONE","MONKEY"];

now that you know where are the classnames, you need to update your newly added playable unit strings.

in the same function file just scroll up to find another array like this ["Hitman111","Hitman112".............."Hitman165"]

it is very important the syntaxys and the ending of each script line so be very cautious when you are manipulating these files.

On that array you can increase-reduce your playable units array buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut decreasing must need to update another function file too!! in this case im not going to explain the redux thing.

(lol, I love it!! these script Jedis like Pogoman, Fireball, SickBoy, Xeno, Norrin, Kylania, Wölle, Bon, pffffff a bunch of ´em...... are so amazing.....)

Well now that you have your classnames located and the playable unit strings, just choose which units are you going to use. It is important to use WEST classnames accordingly to your game settings (aka ACE/NO ACE) so you wont break the code and as you said you will spawn all of the times at grid 000000.

well, there you are. Hope this could help.

Best Regards!!

IN FIELD!!

FIND THIS #define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\

"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125",\

"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135",\

"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145",\

"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155",\

"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165",\

"Hitman171","Hitman172","Hitman173","Hitman174","Hitman175",\

"Hitman181","Hitman182","Hitman183","Hitman184","Hitman185"]

AND FIND THIS TOO

#define westSoldierClasses ["US_Soldier_TL_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Soldier_LAT_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_GL_EP1","BAF_Soldier_TL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_MG_DDPM","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_MG_EP1","US_Delta_Force_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Night_EP1","USMC_Soldier_TL","USMC_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_LAT","USMC_Soldier_AR","USMC_Soldier_GL","GER_Soldier_TL_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1","GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1","GER_Soldier_EP1","GER_Soldier_MG_EP1","FR_TL","FR_Corpsman","FR_AR","FR_Assault_R","FR_Assault_GL","ACE_USMC_Soldier_TL_D","ACE_USMC_Soldier_Medic_D","ACE_USMC_SoldierS_Engineer_D","ACE_USMC_Soldier_LAT_D","ACE_USMC_Soldier_D","ACE_USMC_Soldier_AR_D"]

as you can see, im using ACE USMC DESERT SOLDIERS "ACE_USMC_Soldier_TL_D","ACE_USMC_Soldier_Medic_D","ACE_USMC_SoldierS_Engineer_D"

and their STRINGS are already defined previously.

Edited by ArtMayer_MX

I'll crack it open this weekend, Sarge. In the meantime, maybe someone else will be able to get you sorted out.

ArtMayer - he's done all of that, according to his code posted above.

Is it possible to increase the ratio of OPFOR/BLUFOR spawning from like 1:4 to 1:8? Talking about OA insurgency 1.50 on Takistan.

Is it possible to increase the ratio of OPFOR/BLUFOR spawning from like 1:4 to 1:8? Talking about OA insurgency 1.50 on Takistan.

You should be able to add those values in the description.ext, like this:

class eastRatio {
	title="    OPFOR Ratio"; 
	values[]={ 1,2,4,8,-1 }; 
	texts[]={ "None","1:2","1:4","1:8","COOP only" }; 
	default=1;
	code = ""; 
};

I have a new appreciation for Insurgency after customizing a Dingor Island / Lingor Units version. Right now it supports GAL/Cops vs Rebels/Drug gangs.

I don't know if I've seen one floating around so if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Hello,

I am interested to find out how (if possible) to make a Main Base in the insurgency: CO mission. In other words, when players spawn, i would like there to be an option to spawn on their teammates, the mobile base, or main base. I am using the latest Insurgency 1.50, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dhope.