Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

I would also love to get hold of this version — actually any with AI recruiting on.

Tried to add Bon's recruitment myself and failed! :(

If you have played on that server before you should still have a copy in your mp cache located in Appdata/local/Arma20A

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Wow guys! Thank you so much for this help! JonBon's solution was the missing variable for this problem and now that this array has been expanded to 56 slots from the old 25 the problem has basically evaporated! Thank you for this solution!

Now, I have a 2nd question. I am seeking to remove ALL bluforce vehicles from the mission so that I can spawn default vehicles that are always static. This is being done for balance purposes as well as making the bluforce stuff fit in our FOB. How do I properly remove all vehicles.

Finally, is there a way to remove limitations on weapons? With these new 9 man squads, each squad now has 2 ARs and can theoretically carry 2 AT weapons because the teams are condensed. How do I remove these limitations? I have been messing with this issue for a long time but always return errors.

Defines sqf. in the main file dir to add or remove weapons limitations etc. I've edited this myself sometime ago (squads) and added 10 man squads and so on.Make sure you add them to UPS to respawn on squad members.

Is it possible to remove red squares - so they show up as empty? I want to create a fob in the airfield (FOB Eddie) on Lingor island but its packed with red squares.

If someone could just point me to the right direction i could just figure the rest out :)

Thanks

I placed a marker named "exclude_location" and changed the findHouses function in common\functions.sqf to this

findHouses = { 
private ["_buildings","_minPositions","_enterables","_alive"];
_buildings = nearestObjects [_this select 0, ["House"], _this select 1]; 
_minPositions = (_this select 2) - 1;
_alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = []; 	
{ 
	if (
		format["%1", _x buildingPos _minPositions] != "[0,0,0]" 
	&& EP1HOUSES 
	&& !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 100
	)) then { 
		_enterables set [count _enterables, _x]; 
	}; 
} forEach _buildings; 
_enterables
}; 

Thank you! Worked perfectly!

Another question - How do i remove vehicles from the MHQ completely ! The FOB is set up and i dont need them :)

Edited by JaFuzz

Thanks for your help but defines.sqf in the mission root folder only defines the center position, the AO radius, cache house positions, gun roof positions, illegal houses, etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was in the "common" folder. I've reduced it down to thermal weapons, javelins, and the m24 as intended for squads. Thanks.

Edited by helios932

Hello,

I'm having a slight problem.

Whenever playing insurgency and belonging to delta squad (saying delta squad because that is the squad I tested), I as a medic get a scroll wheel menu to Heal people (including myself) when damaged. The problem is that some people I can't use it on and I am completely unable to use it on myself.

This problem doesn't not occur for the alpha squad (after trying the things down below) Scratch that played a bit more and it actually happens on all the squads.

I tried removing the injured folder and file + some code calling that information. Just to see if I can get rid of the scroll wheel option.

But it's still showing up.

It's seriously annoying when playing with my friends, we want to be in delta squad but it's not really playable when you can't aim/stand because you can't heal them with scroll wheel healing.

The Ace healing works fine, it's just the scroll wheel option that I would like to get rid off.

This is insurgency on fallujah with ace

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this.

Edited by Seeings

Hi.

I've managed to port Insurgency over to Clafghan, but i have a slight problem, Only 3 small villages have red squares, I think its something to do with the buildings in the other towns, different classnames of the buildings maybe?

How do i get thse other towns/villages filled up with red squares?

I have added

// set EP1HOUSES to 'true' in order to have the param ignored and AI will spawn in every building, which got positions

//#define EP1HOUSES (configName(inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x)) == "HOUSE_EP1")

#define EP1HOUSES true

to the defines.sqf but it doesnt help

I placed a marker named "exclude_location" and changed the findHouses function in common\functions.sqf to this

Why don't you just add the building names to the ILLEGALHOUSES define, as it was intended?

It's seriously annoying when playing with my friends, we want to be in delta squad but it's not really playable when you can't aim/stand because you can't heal them with scroll wheel healing.

The Ace healing works fine, it's just the scroll wheel option that I would like to get rid off.

Since you're experienced ACE'ers why don't you simply ignore the action menu item? I know it's a bug, but I currently don't have time to develop on Insurgency and haven't analyzed if I can remove it. And it's perfectly playable if you only use ACE healing.

I've managed to port Insurgency over to Clafghan, but i have a slight problem, Only 3 small villages have red squares, I think its something to do with the buildings in the other towns, different classnames of the buildings maybe?

How do i get thse other towns/villages filled up with red squares?

// set EP1HOUSES to 'true' in order to have the param ignored and AI will spawn in every building, which got positions

means:

#define EP1HOUSES true

Again, if you want the AI not to spawn in some of the houses, add the class names to ILLEGALHOUSES, in the mission-based defines.sqf.

I've managed to make clafghan work with insurgency, but due to the size of clafghan i would like to forcefully add red squares to the map, is there anyway of doing this?

maybe something similar to the "exclude location" thing that worked beautifully for a local area?

Or maybe adding objects to which the red squares attach them selfs too? small buildings?

I've managed to make clafghan work with insurgency, but due to the size of clafghan i would like to forcefully add red squares to the map, is there anyway of doing this?

maybe something similar to the "exclude location" thing that worked beautifully for a local area?

Or maybe adding objects to which the red squares attach them selfs too? small buildings?

It creates red zones based on building objects. If those buildings are part of the ILLEGALHOUSES then it will not work. OPFOR spawn around these same houses from my knowledge so it would be pointless to add red squares.

Anyone here know of a bug where Insurgents first end up spawning with a weapon then that body remains at the debug spawn?

I noticed a changelog back from 0.80 version said it:

----fixed When respawning as OPFOR, you get weapons at spawn position

Apparently not or something ended up breaking it again.

Yeah I done a temp fix by placing buildings under ground around the map, which in turn made the grids go red, and the AI spawn on the ground, Only problem is, Having so many objects can lag lol

Yeah I done a temp fix by placing buildings under ground around the map, which in turn made the grids go red, and the AI spawn on the ground, Only problem is, Having so many objects can lag lol

That is probably not a good method at all :p

Has anyone had any issues with players respawning in the swimming state in the ground?

Has anyone had any issues with players respawning in the swimming state in the ground?

Only in Lingor...

I also noticed, that if i change anything in common/defines.sqf in the Lingor Insurgency, the mission is buged immediately.

Spawning in the water, MHQ doesn't spawn etc.

To solve that swimming thing, just swim around a bit, or get in a vehicle, that should do it.

Yes sorry I totally for got to include the island. The version I have is for lingor. Now is there a fix for any of this or is it just something to be dealt with? I did add/remove from the common/defines which is why i assume the swimming thing occurs. So far that is the only issue.

The problem is, that the units are placed out of Map in the Water.

You have to know, that when you are in spectator mode (where you can select your spawn positon) your unit is at the start spawn location (where they are placed on the map -> in the Water). So, when you spawn, the actual stance is copied also, in this case its swimming.

Now if I move the units to lets say, a position on land, the "teleport" from the first spawn doesnt actually work and you are stranded out in the middle of no where. That was one of the items i experimented with. Why does editing the defines.sqf break the mission just out of curiosity. The only edits I made to mine were adding new units to the west soldier classes

Now if I move the units to lets say, a position on land, the "teleport" from the first spawn doesnt actually work and you are stranded out in the middle of no where. That was one of the items i experimented with. Why does editing the defines.sqf break the mission just out of curiosity. The only edits I made to mine were adding new units to the west soldier classes

Same to me mate.

But i don't know why :(

Its mystery to me xd

Hello and thank you for these GREAT Ops...

I just analyzed now placement works in the mission and roughly put, it checks for buildings which can be entered e.g. those with X or more spawn positions are applicable.

Then it uses some randomization to decide when an AI gets spawned (based on players within a radius) and it makes sure the building currently can't be seen by the player, so the player doesn't see AIs popping up. Then it also gives the AIs some order to move, so they "look alive". It also makes sure by radius checks, that they don't stack within the same house/spot.

Then, when the player goes out of range, then the AI despawns.

I was also wondering about this.. I was hoping maybe, you could release the scripting for the enemy ai spawning/despawning?? so other "not so adept at coding" mission makers can use ??

I for one think it does wonders for reducing lag. And would greatly appreciate being able to use the script modular-ly, between different islands and missions.

Again thanks for the hard work you have already put into the Ops you have made!

I was also wondering about this.. I was hoping maybe, you could release the scripting for the enemy ai spawning/despawning?? so other "not so adept at coding" mission makers can use ??

I for one think it does wonders for reducing lag. And would greatly appreciate being able to use the script modular-ly, between different islands and missions.

That is why systems like DAC (Dynamic AI Creator) have been created. Check it out, I believe it is at version 3 or something now.

Does anyone have a download link for a good Insurgency mission on Sangin?

There isnt one but SRU made one...They hosted it on one of there servers for awhile but it didnt receive much interest