Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Thanks Günter for assistance in our threat ;)

thanks Gunter this helps out i appreciate it. i think i can figure out the ai recruitment situation. thanks a bunch and ill ask more question if i need any help :)

another question, sorry. but how can i save the game when quitting a Multiplayer LAN game. just like the warfare games. i notice when playing on LAN. if you leave the game, you have an option to Rusume the game at a later time

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

@B1n4ry

Thanks,

i did what you wrote, but the error message is still there.

If its just an issue of not respawning to a squad you must also add the new units to the UPS.sqf located in common/server/AI.

Hope that helps with respawning but by the looks of it you should go back and reread the posts.

Copy and paste is not the way to go.

You will never learn where you made a mistake

Edited by xx-LSD-xx

This is just a heads up for the insurgency Dev's.

I noticed that you guy's added the add action remove injured player from vehicle if gunner or driver.I can understand why you would want add that but it needed a little bit of fixing.

I had to laugh my ass of when I first got shot then ejected from the vehicle as driver only to die from the impact of hitting the asphalt. Takes care of needing a medic.

Also if you try to load an injured player you get ejected unless the driver slot is taken along with the gunner then you can be added as cargo due to how it's handled.

I'm not going to tell you guys how to write code but just look at it and you'll see what needs to be changed with throwing body's from vehicles and loading injured.

I've already fixed my copy but just wanted to give a heads up.

I'm liking the latest version it has everything from my own edits and more. Great job!

Best mission in ArmA!

Thanks for all the hard work.

LSD interestng :)

PM me and ask what you mean about wounded :)

I added ACE Insurgency onto the map called Sangin, Afghanistan. Everything works good except the MHQ does not randomly spawn, I tried to make it a static spawn (because I know how to), but it still doesn't work. The respawn does not work either. When I die, I simply respawn on respawn_marker marker.

you know what you must to do ;)

I've surely spent an hour on this, and I wish I did. I resort to this topic whenever I need urgent help.

check coodrinates and defines

I've changed most of the defines, I changed the starting Coordinates in one of the defines (which I think was located in the main directory of the mission). I'm going to test it out now finally.

Okay, here is what I did to fix the problem:

I changed (in defines.sqf in the directory), I changed the startpos to the start pos of all of my units (which are in the same spot overlaying eachother), then I changed the center POS to the coordinates of the UN Flag, and make sure to change the z cord to 0 in centerpos.

Edited by Defiance44

Hello! I've been having some trouble editing the insurgency mission to better suit the needs of my unit. I wanted

to the following.

Change all unit types to standard U.S Army

Change 25 man platoon of 5 "teams" to -> 3 9 man squads, 1 8 man squad, 1 HQ team of 3, and 9 crewmen.

Here is what I've done so far.

For Defines.SQF

I've set the squad unit strings to include X+"6" thru X+"9" as follows

#define squadUnitStrings(X) [X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9"]

I have changed the #Define westplayerstrings to fully represent the names of all units. I have double checked this twice and can produce a mission.sqm pastebin to show that I have.

#define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119",\

"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman126","Hitman127","Hitman128","Hitman129",\

"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman136","Hitman137","Hitman138","Hitman139",\

"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman146","Hitman147","Hitman148",\

"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163",\

"Hitman171","Hitman172",\

"Hitman173","Hitman174",\

"Hitman175","Hitman176",\

"Hitman177","Hitman178",\

"Hitman179"]

I have changed Wes Soldier classes to include all of the classnames for the units that I have included which are as follows:

USA Squad Leader

USA Team Leader

USA Grenadier

USA Automatic Rifleman

USA Anti Tank

USA Medic

USA MachineGunner

USA assistant Machinegunner

USA Officer

#define westSoldierClasses ["US_Soldier_TL_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Soldier_LAT_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_GL_EP1","US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_MG_EP1","US_Soldier_AMG_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_AT_EP1","US_Soldier_Officer_EP1"]

The Problem

Whenever I start the game I get a perpetual script error for all players that reads

...name]; };

];

} else {

if (playernames |#|select _id != "") then {playernames set...'

Error Zero Divisor

file \*\insurgencyNew\Common\Client\misc\functions.sqf, Line 66

Upon investigation of the file and lines in question I determined that a variable that was being called was either being defined as zero, not being defined at all, or somehow incorrectly called by this function. The line in question is as follows

For

client\misc\Functions.sqf

nameStrings = {

private ["_id","_name","_plr"];

{

_id = westPlayerStrings find _x;

if !isNil _x then {

_plr = call compile _x;

if (!isNull _plr && isPlayer _plr) then {

if alive _plr then {

if (playerNames select _id == "Error: No unit") exitWith {};

_name = name _plr;

if (playerNames select _id != _name) then { playerNames set[_id, _name]; };

};

} else {

if (playerNames select _id != "") then { playerNames set[_id, ""]; };

};

} else {

if (playerNames select _id != "") then { playerNames set[_id, ""]; };

};

} forEach westPlayerStrings; -

};

I have had days worth of trouble with this problem, and require some help solving it. I thank you in advance for any help given to resolving this issue and finishing my edit of this mission, thank you.

-Helios

Edited by helios932

Hi Helios,

i had exact the same errors like you. (except that it was line 56, but its the same content)

Whatever, i don't know how, but i was able to fix it. Here is a DL link to our mission.

Maybe you can find out why it works xD

Download

Edited by B1n4ry

Helios, ask about this to Cytreen, he make it in self Ins mod :)

Hello! I've been having some trouble editing the insurgency mission to better suit the needs of my unit. I wanted

to the following.

Change all unit types to standard U.S Army

Change 25 man platoon of 5 "teams" to -> 3 9 man squads, 1 8 man squad, 1 HQ team of 3, and 9 crewmen.

I ran into the playerNames |#|select _id != "" error tonight and I was able to track down the problem, as a result of adding new units you have to increase the size of the playerNames array.

The playerNames array is initialized in common/client/variables.sqf.

Run hint format["playerNames count: %1", (count playerNames)]; on the client and see what that number is, if your number of player slots are greater than that then you need to add additional values to the playerNames array. I had to change mine from the default size of 30 to 40.

Before:

playerNames = ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""];

After:

playerNames = ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""];

Wow guys! Thank you so much for this help! JonBon's solution was the missing variable for this problem and now that this array has been expanded to 56 slots from the old 25 the problem has basically evaporated! Thank you for this solution!

Now, I have a 2nd question. I am seeking to remove ALL bluforce vehicles from the mission so that I can spawn default vehicles that are always static. This is being done for balance purposes as well as making the bluforce stuff fit in our FOB. How do I properly remove all vehicles.

Finally, is there a way to remove limitations on weapons? With these new 9 man squads, each squad now has 2 ARs and can theoretically carry 2 AT weapons because the teams are condensed. How do I remove these limitations? I have been messing with this issue for a long time but always return errors.

I have been working on, and having problems with importing the Lingor units into Insurgency. I am trying to create a version of insurgency more suited to Lingor so I am aiming for DEA vs the Drug lords type scenario.

The first thing I want to know, now that I am strating again from scratch is how to use the Lingor civilian units. Am I right in thinking that I can add another instance of this code for Lingor:

case "lingor": {
               BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["trafficDistance",1000];
               BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["spawnDistance",700];
               BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["civilianCount","round (5 * (sqrt %1))"]; 
               [] spawn compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "mip\ALICE2_houseEffects.sqf";
               BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["CIV_LGR","ibr_arl_faction"], true];
       };

My current error I am facing I think is to do with me trying to change the enemy classes to that of the Lingor Island Drug Lord Army. When loading the mission I get this error:

"Missing [" at line 152 of my common\functions.sqf

I have an error in this code here:

if (_type == "count") then { _result = 0; } else { _result = []; }; 
{
	if (typeOf _x in eastInfClasses && ( (alive _x && primaryWeapon _x != "") || !_alive ) ) then {
		if (_type == "count") then { _result = _result + 1; } else { _result set [count _result, _x]; };
	};
} forEach _arr2;

Although I have resigned my self to the fact that I should start the edit from scratch now I was wondering if there was maybe something that I may have overlooked when defining the units. If, even with my basic ability, I can read the code right I would guess that it is struggling to call out what weapon to give to the East factions but I cant see any issues in my definitions.

You should paste code snippets of everything that you've defined so far so that we can see what's missing. I suggest referring back to page 59 and the answers that I had received there as some of them pertain to your issue.

Sorry for the late reply Helios. I have decided to start my edit again from scratch. I had edited far too much code to post it all here or have any idea where the error could of occured. A begginers mistake I am sure :) When I get round to editing it again I will start with one class at a time. I would like to know how to change the civilian faction that Alice uses though.

Sorry for the late reply Helios. I have decided to start my edit again from scratch. I had edited far too much code to post it all here or have any idea where the error could of occured. A begginers mistake I am sure :) When I get round to editing it again I will start with one class at a time. I would like to know how to change the civilian faction that Alice uses though.

Post some code snips of everything that you've done so that I can see what you're missing and we can go over possible solutions

Does someone still have access to N3ro Troy's version which contained AI recruiting? I dont think its on servers any longer

Does someone still have access to N3ro Troy's version which contained AI recruiting? I dont think its on servers any longer

I would also love to get hold of this version — actually any with AI recruiting on.

Tried to add Bon's recruitment myself and failed! :(

I would also love to get hold of this version — actually any with AI recruiting on.

Tried to add Bon's recruitment myself and failed! :(

I did try this one, which has AI recruiting, but I have trouble not killing warlord in order to interrogate :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131435-Insurgency-in-Takistan-Missions-pack

Thanks very much I'll give that one a go also.