Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

For the loading screen issue, look at your RPT when that happens and see what comes up, if there is something please post what you find.

For the randomness , you do know that you can mobilize the HQ, thats what I do when its in a spot I dont want to be in.

Yeah, but I have a built FOB and I want everything spawned there. Otherwise the MHQ and Vehicles still randomly spawn on the map.

Looked at my RPT and found out the unit issue myself.

Just looking to spawn all the Base stuff in a Specific spot now.

Edited by Porter707

Trying to add different units for BLUFOR, I went in and changed the units and redfined their classnames as Defiance44 stated above, the game would load but stay stuck at the loading screen, would never get to the map screen.

Also trying to remove the randomness of the base and make it spawn in a exact location. I built a FOB and the HQ still randomly spawns around the map.

Just those two things really.

You need to define the Hitman units in the defines.sqf where it says, (i.e)"Hitman113, Hitman114". You also need to define the units in-game. And make sure you copy #define westerClasses from defines.sqf to ups.sqf. If the loading screen doesn't go away, you probably missed a comma or slash or quotation mark in the code/scripts.

Yeah thanks Defiance. I got the Units working fine.

Any help on getting the MHQ, Repair Point, etc to spawn in a specific location?

@J-Guid:

Default Insurgency spawns the MHQ, Ammo Crate, Vehicles, HLZ, Vehilce Repair Zone in a random spot on each load of the mission. I have built a FOB on Zargabad for Insurgency with enough room to accommodate these assets, I wan't them to spawn in the same exact position on each load. I can get anything I place to do this, but anything tied to the scripts in game won't work. So I'm basically trying to code the stuff to spawn in a specific location.

Porter, i see your wanted solution on Cytreen's server, talk with him about that :)

Porter, i see your wanted solution on Cytreen's server, talk with him about that :)

This is something i'm VERY interested in, who's cytreen.

Porter, would you please share any info you find about this spawn in a specific spot problem!

:cool::cool::cool:

@J-Guid:

Default Insurgency spawns the MHQ, Ammo Crate, Vehicles, HLZ, Vehilce Repair Zone in a random spot on each load of the mission. I have built a FOB on Zargabad for Insurgency with enough room to accommodate these assets, I wan't them to spawn in the same exact position on each load. I can get anything I place to do this, but anything tied to the scripts in game won't work. So I'm basically trying to code the stuff to spawn in a specific location.

I have an Insurgency on Hazar Kot, the MHQ spawn each time on my FOB.

I put a marker call "MHQ" in the FOB and change initserver-common.sqf lines 41-47

_pos = getMarkerPos "MHQ";
/* 
while { count (_pos isFlatEmpty [30,0,0.2,20,0,false,objNull]) == 0 || getTerrainHeightASL _pos <= 2 } do {
_pos = randPos;
}; */
HQ setDir (((CENTERPOS select 0) - (_pos select 0)) atan2 ((CENTERPOS select 1) - (_pos select 1))+270);
HQ setPosATL _pos;
waitUntil { !isDead(HQ) };

I have an Insurgency on Hazar Kot, the MHQ spawn each time on my FOB.

I put a marker call "MHQ" in the FOB and change initserver-common.sqf lines 41-47

_pos = getMarkerPos "MHQ";
/* 
while { count (_pos isFlatEmpty [30,0,0.2,20,0,false,objNull]) == 0 || getTerrainHeightASL _pos <= 2 } do {
_pos = randPos;
}; */
HQ setDir (((CENTERPOS select 0) - (_pos select 0)) atan2 ((CENTERPOS select 1) - (_pos select 1))+270);
HQ setPosATL _pos;
waitUntil { !isDead(HQ) };

you're my hero! :icon_dj:

Who have any proposes about new features for OPFOR?!

How do i intigrate more units into a squad? When i'm doing that, this units can't respawn to other Squadmembers. I gave them the name Hitman116 an Hitman117 and grouped them with Hitman111 When i add them in common/defines.sqf l.:60 I get this errormessage:

} else { if (playerNames select _id != "") then { playerNames set> 
Error position:  
Error Nullteiler File C:\Users\Binary\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TFG | Binary\mpmissions\ace_insurgency_1_50.Takistan\common\client\misc\functions.sqf, line 54 
Error in expression < ""]; }; };

Edited by B1n4ry

How do i intigrate more units into a squad? When i'm doing that, this units can't respawn to other Squadmembers. I gave them the name Hitman116 an Hitman117 and grouped them with Hitman111 When i add them in common/defines.sqf l.:60 I get this errormessage:

} else { if (playerNames select _id != "") then { playerNames set> 
Error position:  
Error Nullteiler File C:\Users\Binary\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TFG | Binary\mpmissions\ace_insurgency_1_50.Takistan\common\client\misc\functions.sqf, line 54 
Error in expression < ""]; }; };

Look at my previous post if you want to know how to add more units.

Thanks,

i did what you wrote, but the error message is still there.

} else {

if (playerNames select _id != "") then { playerNames set>

Error position: <select _id != "") then { playerNames set>

Error Nullteiler

File \common\client\misc\functions.sqf, line 54

Error in expression < ""]; };

};

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I'm playing the ACE version of this mission with the bon recruit ai script which I added based on a suggestion from a previous poster and am absolutely loving it!. Only problem is I can't seem to get medics to heal. If I call out that I'm injured or ask them to heal somebody, they will go over to the injured soldier and stand around for a bit before reporting back with "negative".

Does anyone know if this is normal? Anyone else playing this with bon recruitment ai script also seeing this behaviour?

Iam trying to Replace the TK_insurgent units with russian ones for lingor island, what i have to do?

Install Notepad++ start notepad push F3 goto Search in Files browse path to unpacked Insurgecy

and put in request line TK_insurgent, or other what yo want to find :)

Explore code please :)

And stop kill Russians, he is not a dummy targets!

one tip, its in eastInfClasses param

one tip, its in eastInfClasses param

i did, resulting in a stuck in loading screen situation ...yay. thats why im here

thats what it look like:

#define eastInfClasses [\

"RU_Commander",\

"RU_Soldier_SL",\

"RU_Soldier_Medic",\

"INS_Soldier_AT",\

"INS_Soldier_AA",\

"INS_Soldier_AT",\

"RU_Soldier_TL",\

"INS_Soldier_AR",\

"INS_Soldier_AR",\

"INS_Soldier_CO",\

"INS_Villager4",\

"INS_Woodlander3",\

"INS_Villager3",\

"MVD_Soldier_GL",\

"MVD_Soldier_AT",\

"RUS_Commander"\

]

i also placed a random russian unit in editor to force the game loading the units, but with the same result.

Edited by wogu

sorry guys if this has been answered, been skimming through the thread and i was wondering if anyone has been able to find out anything on playing insurgency single player? (to recruit AI for team mates). was curious about this because i don't play multiplayer much do to random hours of play time, so i just like to play for an hour or so and i would like to be able to play this offline. any helpful information is appreciated.

A_Blunt_Rifle

read previous pages about Bon's AI recruitment scripts...

thank you K-Guid for the response. now i just been to know where to put the mission .pbo for play it for singleplayer. im very inexperienced on this kind of stuff.

@A_Blunt_Rifle for insurgency is really not meant for single player, I dont recall if you can play it in singleplayer because you cannot respawn.

However what you can do is host the mission yourself and play it in mp, which means you are still play the mission

on your own computer and not going to another server in mp.

The way you do this is basically put the insurgency.pbo in your Arma2 (main Directory) mp missions folder.

folder address:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2

1. start up the game

2. go to mp

3. click on new at the bottom

4. type in a name you want, and just 1 player, (you)

5. choose the island (left side) that the mission is on

6.Right side is the mission, click on insurgency

7. to play by yourself though you want to change the parameters for the mission, so go to parameters

at the bottom before you start the mission (during the time your choosing you character or role)

8. Be sure to change the parameter that asks how many required to clear a grid, make it 1 as default is 2.

Any questions then ask.

Hope that helps.