Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

8:41 am is your 5am ramble?

anyways my tutorial is for the weapons and gear.

Besides that you can find the vehicle classnames under the defines:

//////class definitions
#define westVehicleClasses  	["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1",ATVTYPE,HELITYPE]

as well as the common\defines.

Gentelmens, have any new comments about new proposed features in Ins?!

- Current discussions must been about this on DH

8:41 am is your 5am ramble?

anyways my tutorial is for the weapons and gear.

Besides that you can find the vehicle classnames under the defines:

//////class definitions
#define westVehicleClasses  	["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1",ATVTYPE,HELITYPE]

as well as the common\defines.

I was correct it was 5:41 a.m. when I posted originally might have been 8:00 your time but it doesn't matter. Again I apologize for my sloppy post and after you pointed that out I fixed it. :o

I know how to add vehicles and weapons to the mission I've edited a lot of the original. I'm interested in individual AI pre selected player load outs. Opfor is at a great disadvantage when it gets dark. I didn't find what I was looking for in your tutorial maybe I overlooked it I'll check again. And I really do appreciate the info. I would just prefer to fix things myself is the reason I mentioned it in my original post and I shouldn't have.

Edited by xx-LSD-xx

OPFOR has already NVG; by average every 4th has NVG on it.

Is this a relatively new feature? I haven't played Insurgency in a bit and anytime I've tried OPFOR at night I've never seen OPFOR with NVG. But then again, not knowing that it existed I never tried after the first couple of times.

OPFOR has already NVG; by average every 4th has NVG on it.

If you spawn into an opfor that doesn't have nvg and its night time you are blind basically. All you can see is a black screen and it's not fair imo if you are opfor when blufor can see and you have a 1-4 chance of getting nvg. Try it out for yourself and see how difficult it is. I normally will reset the server so opfor can see.

You can can choose who to spwn as. Try the one who has NV by default.

Temporary solutions:

Change the parameter date/time at mission start for moonlight. The default date is a new moon, by adding two weeks you get a full moon and a bright night.

Or

Deal with the limitation and ambush BLUFOR with an IED and steal his gear. Alternatively destroy a vehicle and make a fireball. Screws their NV while helping your vision.

Life isn't fair so why should the game be? ;p

NVGs can be added and the FAL-NV can be added to the cache crate.

Btw. when I can't see I wait for BLUFORs muzzle flash or to silouette/highlight on a ridge then I slam them with an RPG. Burning hummers make good light sources.

Maby add NVG for all Opfor units? Maby with random chance?!

Maybe it's in the notes or game description but I haven't noticed it so at the very least if it is not there point this out. When I tried I never received NVG and was not able to do a thing. If I knew that there was a chance I'd get NVG I would have tried but in this case I just quit the game.

Here is part of code when script add NVG to units!

\common\client\AI\functions.sqf

// Chance AI will have a nightvision device - Disabled in coop only!!!
if (random 100 > 75 && eastRatio > 0) then {
	if !(this hasWeapon ''''NVGoggles'''') then { this addWeapon ''''NVGoggles'''';
                      if DEBUG then { diag_log format [''''Adding NVG to %1'''', this]; 
			};
		};
	};

Its works but i think, NVG must been added with 100% chance for all Opfor units, because Opfor now not in good place in Ins :(

the "eastRatio > 0" is probably the problem. Depending on where and when this is running.

If the server initially starts with no East units then likely NO NVG at all. My guess is that is how most Insurgency missions start and then players come in and fill the EAST positions.

Sorry, guys you talk utter bullshit. The NVG script was tested multiple times and works fine, but you need a current "genuine" Insurgency, not some spin-off.

If east ratio = 0, then it means no human player can spawn as OPFOR, so screw it!

NEWS:

Ins ported to Capraia :)!

Ins ported to Tropica :cool:!

Edited by J-Guid

Sorry, guys you talk utter bullshit. The NVG script was tested multiple times and works fine, but you need a current "genuine" Insurgency, not some spin-off.

If east ratio = 0, then it means no human player can spawn as OPFOR, so screw it!

Yes the NVG script works fine. That was never an issue for me. All I wanted to do was give all players NVG so at night op-for players don't quit the server.

1-4 chance is still 75percent chance of not being able to see shit! I'm off work for the holidays so I'll figure this one out myself. Having a good Op-for player who has the skills is what makes insurgency kick ass. Night Fighting doesn't happen with player controlled Op-for no matter what you might have to say. Those that run their own server can relate. Like I said play at night as op-for and see for yourself. Thank you to all that had some positive input and those that didn't. Freedom of speech pisses a lot of people off as it should.

xx-LSD-xx signing off on this topic. Peace out! ;);):D

Agreed with xx-LSD-xx here and no disrespect to Fireball but I wasn't talking bullshit. I was just guessing without trying.

And my point being I had no clue this was even a feature because I don't think it is documented anywhere and the many many times I jumped on a server and jumped into EAST I've never seen NVG. And then just quit immediately not knowing that it was even a possibility. If I knew I'd stick around.

I would suggest making it a parameter and then everyone is happy and the host can set it to what they want.

Delta99 - you propose make 'On/Off NVG' as variable right?!

Agreed with xx-LSD-xx here and no disrespect to Fireball but I wasn't talking bullshit. I was just guessing without trying.

And you were making false assumptions and statements thereof, hence it was not so wrong entitling it "BS", that's the liberty I took, with a certain right.

To xx-LSD-xx: This is not freedom of speech here anyway, this is a privately moderated forum. I'm not a moderator, but moderators can - if you like it or not - censor you out if you talk about specifically defined forbidden topics (to give one example). There goes your "freedom of speech".

EDIT: If you don't like the fact that some OPFOR players have no NVG, play the mission at daylight. Or make sure you set it to a date where the night is bright in the desert or the moon is full.

Edited by Fireball

And you were making false assumptions and statements thereof, hence it was not so wrong entitling it "BS", that's the liberty I took, with a certain right.

I did say I was guessing and was just trying to help people out here. Again there was no disrespect intended.

I think people were just trying to give constructive criticism and rightly so.

I was also trying to point out why people in the first place would think the script wasn't working.

Stop, enough strain to each other! Big thanks to all who critics and help users with mission! (Criticism sometimes makes us think over what has been done!)

Would be more useful if you offers new ideas and voted for on the DH Ins!

Who wish make NVG 100% chance, just do it in personal edition, it eazy, i show code in prewious posts! :)

i said it before fireball: FREAKING great mission!

but i also modify it to my clans liking! and it would be great if you could set the amount of NVG's for OPFOR in parameter!

that said, its a great freaking mission and template to play with!

PS where can i find the 2 new ported versions?? capraia and tropica

@BelgarionNL - just wait a realise 0.82 (ported to new islands inisde) :) I working on Panthera2 too ;) Look on comments of progress inside tickets!

And if you have some features and proposes, please make a ticket on Ins DH!

p.s. Kol9yN