Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

How about to add a screenshot of a cache into the briefing?

How about to add a screenshot of a cache into the briefing?

Good idea PvP - remember playing for ages and never seeing one!

Then someone on ts shouts found it!!

And i'm like fooking dont blow it ,on my way! wanna see what the damn thing looks like!:D

I think the briefing for the mission should add some more detail , kinda of explaining what swedge had posted here:

Every ammo cache you find will produce a mapmarker with ? Xm such as ? 250m, ? 50m, ? 400m etc.

Each marker indicates that the cache is within that range of it. So a ? 50m marker means the cache has to be within 50m of that marker.

Sometimes you will get down to a bunch of 50m markers and it becomes fairly obvious which building the cache must be in.

But when you first start and may have some 500m markers etc, the cache could be anywhere within 500m on any side of that marker.

The ammo caches are green ammo boxes that look like this. They are always in buildings. They may be on the ground floor, 2nd floor,

etc or on one of the 'landings/patio's/walkways' whatever you want to call them If the building the cache is in has been reduced to

rubble by explosives or mortars etc sometimes the cache is actually still there. You can see it if you're lucky and you bump up against

the edge of the rocks and are able to see underneath.

After he posted that with the screenshot he ahd, that really helped me and my buddies locate an ammo cache, and when

i was in the mission last night we cleared 2 towns and I ahd to actually back track and go through a 1/4 of the first town

which is where we found the cache.

Yes definatly add a screenshot of the cache, first time players would almost be clueless about how to

find them and roughly where to look.

I wanted to report that after 5 hours of playing the mission on our gameserver that we had several freezes, and 2 freezes

at the same time I mean me my two buddies when we tried to pickup a briefcase.

I had a ctd a couple of times, and then towards the end about 20 min before my buddies ahd to go (bedtime) we started getting

random 5 sec freezes every other 5 min, it was wack.

I'm with Konrad on this maybe add more options to the parameters to enable to add more units, or vehicles patrolling.

Surely that has to be scripted or scripts updated for that, mission is already complex as it is so dont think ti would be a simple task.

Swedge,

Thanks for the consideration. I think that the MHQ being permanent, yet still randomly-located is a good idea. For now though, the parameter feature would be very welcome by us for sure and we'll test it out and see how it goes if it makes it into .76.

Now, how about getting rid of those bugged RC'ed helo's? :) Parameter feature possible here as well?

-D3VIANT

Now that it was mentioned I just remembered an incident with the chopper.

I used the chopper and landed somewhere, and ended up getting killed after getting out and my guy just froze in place,

then i respawned and I was frozen at spawn.

I had to disconnect from my server and come back in which of course fixed it but it was weird.

Maybe that has to do with the 1.57 patch bug that I been reading about and maybe it somehow conflicted with the mission?

hmm dont know.

last Week i was able to play as an Opfor(after 100 trys)so it was 10Bluefor vs Me.

I spawned in an Rpg dude, reached an Compound and there was my Enemy, driving with 2 Hmmwvs on the road next to my compound.

After they have passed my compound i blowed the last Hmmwv up 5 Kills yeah.

After that i read lots of whining in the chat and the admin kicked me:confused:

So for me this mission is nothing, because it is imposibble to loose as Bluefor????

And on every Server i tried you cant play as an Opfor:j:

I would really like to see a lock-down option of vehicles like there is in Domination, where the server admin can simply just walk up to the MHQ and scroll down and just lock it down and the same with Jackals/Humvees and ATV´s.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

last Week i was able to play as an Opfor(after 100 trys)so it was 10Bluefor vs Me.

I spawned in an Rpg dude, reached an Compound and there was my Enemy, driving with 2 Hmmwvs on the road next to my compound.

So for me this mission is nothing, because it is imposibble to loose as Bluefor????

You know, it´s the admins way or the highway, just accept it or get your own server.

Edited by TOFIR

Not on our server -when we're running Insurgency!

More opfor the merrier! :D

Isn't this an overkill for the few missile usages Insurgency offers? What are main advantages of mando missile?

Mind you, the mission is now ~200kb in size; mando missiles will probably increase size massively and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Mando is good but no. Keep it down in the dirt and door to door. This is and should remain Squad action. Just my opinion.:cool:

Edited by ChiefRedCloud

Mando is good but no. Keep it down in the dirt and door to door. This is and should remain Squad action. Just my opinion.:cool:

Absolutely my thinking.

At least this would explain the massive explosion when you blow up the comparably modest in-game weapons cache right now - but I can't help myself, it's damn cool to watch :cool:

About the only real thing I'd love to see is more weapons. At least add the Mk48. I also want to see the M16A4 and holo M4s added as well. I've done it myself, but it'd be nice to have it "official" with the mission. Although I understand keeping it Arrowhead only (but, like I said, please put the Mk48 in!).

G'day mate :) Cool.

RE: RC'd helo's - All over it mate :) Fireball is working on a mission parameter option for that.

Swedge,

Thanks for the consideration. I think that the MHQ being permanent, yet still randomly-located is a good idea. For now though, the parameter feature would be very welcome by us for sure and we'll test it out and see how it goes if it makes it into .76.

Now, how about getting rid of those bugged RC'ed helo's? :) Parameter feature possible here as well?

-D3VIANT

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

There's a Mission Parameter you can choose from before you run the mission called 'Number of AI Vehicles'. This can bump it up a bit.

how to add more enemy vehicles patroling??

Hi mate,

I have screenshots from one server I was kicked from after killing 5 Blufor in a HumV with an RPG. Apparently they thought I was hacking because I was hiding so close that I was able to hear what they were saying on Direct VON and type it up on global :) Just a misunderstanding on their part.

Some people like to run Insurgency without any options for Human Opfor to play, or if the human insurgents get a bit too dangerous they boot them :) That's just the way of things. People like to play on their own servers the way they like to. Each to his own. If you're patient and keep looking you will still find servers who are Opfor-friendly too :)

Cheers,

Swedge

Edited by Swedge

Fireball would it be possible for you to release the OPFOR teamswitch code as standalone for other missions?its something I really want to add in a mission that I'm working on.

I nearly forgot to mention, but is there a ACE compatible version?last I heard using ACE and insurgency together causes the AI not to spawn or something.

Edited by ZZEZ

Now all we need is Reezo's IED (and triggerman) scripts put into this and it would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING ! This would scare the pants off us all !

PMC Insurgency NOW on Hjerpeskans server

also they have fallujah

all modefied by me

PMC Insurgency NOW on Hjerpeskans server

also they have fallujah

all modefied by me

And they are all pure KICK ASS!

Thank you Konrad!

Fireball: just wanted to say a HUGE thank you/merci/gracias/arigato/spasibo/danke schön. Last night a few guys and I spent almost 3 hours on this mission as BLUFOR and we've never had so much fun. It was AWESOME. That said I have a few questions:

1) How do you find the caches? Because despite 4 briefcases (550m, 450m, 400m & 350m) we never found one! Are they always stored in houses? What about ruins? Or sangins?

2) How many insurgents do you need to kill to get a briefcase?

3) How does the gear selection work whilst you're waiting to re-spawn?

4) Once you've secured a zone, does this mean OPFOR stop respawning there? If so, can they re-take it?

5) How do you re-deploy your MHQ ?

6) Someone mentioned civilians, I don't think we saw any. Is this an option to be activated somewhere? Is it true that they can be interrogated?

7) Does the use of Zeus AI mod bugger up the mission? It might explain our inability to find the caches...

1) Find the briefcases, the more the merrier. Each one gets you a little bit closer. Once you start closing in on the 100m and 50m markers, start searching houses in that area. They can be almost anywhere. Just keep an eye out for boxes that look like they could hold an RPG covered in a camo net. You'll know it when you see it. Then blow it to hell!

2) Not sure, but it seems to be random. I've had times where they dropped 3 or 4 in row and times where it seemed like I couldn't find one for the life of me. Just keep an eye out on every enemy you kill.

3) Press Backspace, then go through the menu like you would at the MHQ, but make sure you click SAVE! Key thing here that some tend to forget. Other than that it's the exact same as at the MHQ.

4) Yes, and no.

5) There should be an option when you're out of the vehicle to "Deploy HQ" that will redeploy the HQ.

6) There are no civilians, at least not yet. I'd love to see it implemented though. The way it worked in the older versions though was you had to capture a live enemy and interrogate them for information about the weapons cache. It didn't always work as intended though, and the briefcases serve the same purpose.

7) I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure Zeus AI doesn't have a negative effect on the mission. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure all this is accurate, but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.