Sign in to follow this  
ragnos

Hidden/Incomplete SP mission E05: Dum Spiro Spero

Today I found in mission_e.pbo SP mission SPE1_DumSpiroSpero.Takistan where you play as Czech Special Forces patrol. Mission is not complete, but is almost half finished (even exists sound files for radio chat, briefing, scripts). Enyone knows why this mission is not officially released?

And I've noticed there is not even one official mission with Czech content. It was probably planned to show Czech forces in this one, but there was no time?

And finally, Czech company and no Czech forces missions? Shame on you BIS :D No, just kidding!

Cool find! The mission groundwork seems mostly finished, but the tasks and such do not update or change, and there are a few script errors. Obviously it just wasn't ready in time for the release, but it seems like it would be an interesting mission.

Yes BIS, release it in next patch. Most of it is done, so it waste of work to leave it unfinished. Mission looks really good.

Edited by Ragnos

Yeah I remember finding this when OA was released but was confused why I didn't see it in the Scenario list. Fun mission :)

Looks like this mission was now "released" with ACR. What a joke.

Besides that I can't see a truck anywhere. There is nothing approaching and nothing leaving, I am just stuck sitting on the hill and waiting until I die of old age.

Yeah, Dum Spiro Spero is in the ACR DLC. I tried messing with it in its incomplete form but I couldnt be bothered to figure out what to do with it.

I could not figure out either what to do with the info "we have it on the screen", because you can't access the UAV and you are not being updated where it goes. But if you run after the departing UAZ, you see that it goes to a place in Sakhe. You can also run right back over the hill as soon as you have identified the first guy. When you see it arrive at the meeting point, the mission continues.

Yeah, after cussing out the HQ for telling me to chase a UAZ on foot, I just ran aimlessly in the direction it went until perhaps the mission framework went into the "Player was somehow too slow to keep up with a moving vehicle" contingency and just told me the UAV had located it. Some of the missions are negatively affected by the poorly translated briefings, but also because in some cases the briefings are not detailed enough.