Sign in to follow this  
AlienXXI

Unknown death.

I'm in a aircraft about 1000m in the air, I am assuming the ALT is based off m. Next thing I know, the score box pops up and says that I have died. It would be nice if a message came up telling me what killed me instead of a "You were killed" It would help me figure out how I died so next time I can pay better attention to my radar if it was some aircraft that took me down.

Alt is based on meters.

prob would be helpful but if you think about it in reality if u were to actually die, theres no 2nd chances.

I woulds assume that BIS made it so that less feedback is more in terms of playing as its supposed to be more of a simulator.

I don't think adding text that lets you know what killed you would hurt the realism of this game.

This is a video game, and when you drop dead with no indication that you were under fire, one would think that it is a bug.

i agree with hunter, sometimes shit just happens in this game, a stray bullet gets you in the head, shrapnel kill you, or something else. its just the way the game works. doesnt really matter who or what killed you, its just the way it goes.

but there are killed by hints on most domination and pub servers, so unless you were playing some clan realism one, then you would get a killed by hint.

If you watch the screen for several seconds after you died, sometimes you get a view of the entity that killed you. Some mods disable this feature though.

If you watch the screen for several seconds after you died, sometimes you get a view of the entity that killed you. Some mods disable this feature though.

I prefer the camera controlling in OFP to the one in A2, for I don't like the dynamic blur effect when player is killed because I can't see the guy who kills me clearly. lol.

What's the point of knowing who killed you? You're dead, that information has no relevance anymore. When you reload, that's not "you", it's a "different you".

Every once in a while I wish that OFP feature was in but when you think about it, it's better that it isn't. When you need that information, it's a good indication that you made a big mistake. I hate when I do that because it normally translates to redoing a good chunk of the mission.

What's the point of knowing who killed you? You're dead, that information has no relevance anymore. When you reload, that's not "you", it's a "different you".

Every once in a while I wish that OFP feature was in but when you think about it, it's better that it isn't. When you need that information, it's a good indication that you made a big mistake. I hate when I do that because it normally translates to redoing a good chunk of the mission.

I like knowing who killed me because, if I regularly get killed in the same sort of way, I'm obviously doing something consistently wrong, and I need to do it differently.

Actually, I feel pleased when I use team switch to revenge the guy who kills the "past me" before. I'll kill that guy on myself after I know where he is. And I'll also try to find the "past me" who is dying on the groud and to save him till the "past me" become conscious if First Aid model is available, then switch to the "past me" again, lol.

I love it though it seems a little bit abnormal. lol.

never liked knowing what killed me, killcams, or death replays mainly due to it being unfair to those in PvP who's position is given away by them. Even in Coop I don't like knowing what killed me because well.....everything kills you in ArmA, no need to figure out what, you'll find out soon enough.

I'm not asking for a kill cam or anything like a kill cam. I am just saying add some simple text saying "You were killed by an AK-47"

Im looking forward to what it would say when two people try and walk past each other in a corridor, and one dies.

"you were killed by a doorframe"

I like knowing who killed me because, if I regularly get killed in the same sort of way, I'm obviously doing something consistently wrong, and I need to do it differently.

If you're doing something consistently wrong eventually you'll find out how to make things better (+1 for gameplay hours :D), maybe you'll never know what you were doing wrong but for example say you find a safe route around the map which always gets you somewhere alive, the beauty of this game is that you'll only ever improve by trying new things or learning tricks from others (e.g. reading some of Dsylecxi's guides) :)

I admit I too miss the OFP feature of showing you who killed you, along with a relevant quotation and sad music. Yea it's not realistic at all but it was fun to have someone to shake my fist at. Course, back in those days the AI was so accurate it could pop your head off with the first shot from half a klick away, so it was more annoying than anything else, and most OFP deaths would end with me shouting "Oh that is BULL**T! HOW COULD HE HAVE HIT ME! COME ON! @$*@($*@(!!*&%!!!".

Good times!

Despite all the discussion on whether or not to tell us who shot our player (I do like this feature), I wouldn't rule out a bug in this case.

Remember that bug where you would die if in a vehicle driving down a hill? I had chalked that up to an unseen combatant too, but it turned out to be a bug.

WISHLIST- I wish there was a video playback 'Debrief' option like in a good many other games so you could replay the mission and analyse it from various angles and points in time with stop/continue/rewind buttons to see exactly what went on, and where the bullet that killed you came from etc..

Would love this, /\

Recapture and share those great moments!

YES, immediade feedback like killcams are a definite no-no but I see no reason for not having a theatre mode (so you can watch and record gameplay afterwards, meaning you can keep in-game performance high by not needing to record etc.), would be such an epic addition imo!

I see no reason for not having a theatre mode (so you can watch and record gameplay afterwards, meaning you can keep in-game performance high by not needing to record etc.), would be such an epic addition imo!

Well, its a major selling point of VBS2 so BI may not like to include it in ArmA2. ;)

Well, its a major selling point of VBS2 so BI may not like to include it in ArmA2. ;)
Ah yea forgot about that, shame really :/ Maybe they'll make another exception seeing as some other games are adopting it. Plus it would really help promote Arma because more people would start making youtube videos because they wouldn't need such demanding specs (which they would need to record and play) when they're just recording :cool:

If you keep getting killed the same way, wouldn't it be smart to do something differently? Don't fly the same profile as before; bound a different direction; drive a different route instead of main street. Don't ask BIS to conform to adding in options to make easier/more laxed gameplay.

If both of you are truely looking for 'a text mssg' or other options, ask a forum member to implement it?

S41

If you keep getting killed the same way, wouldn't it be smart to do something differently? Don't fly the same profile as before; bound a different direction; drive a different route instead of main street. Don't ask BIS to conform to adding in options to make easier/more laxed gameplay.

If both of you are truely looking for 'a text mssg' or other options, ask a forum member to implement it?

S41

I think you've wildly misunderstood the conversation :)