Sign in to follow this  
Wass

[ОТК] Comrades In Arms

OTK team wishes you all the best in the new 2011 year!

OTK_HNY_CIA.png

Also, presents to all a small gift.

On the threshold of new 2011 year, OTK team has the pleasure to inform a new project under the name "Comrades in arms" for ARMA 2 OA, work over which boils and doesn't stop all day and night. The campaign plot starts before the events in the orginal game, for this purpose we suggest to "wind off" 30 years.

In the world there are two poles and two superstates, one of which has entered armies into an imperceptible Central Asian country named Takistan. A limited contingent of the Soviet forces against insurgents who supply with weapons the all "free" world. A fascinating story about the soldier's duty, a true friendship and artful treachery. Story about comrades in arms.

You will be given the possibility to test vehicles and infantry of the Soviet Army of the 80s. And in the meantime we present you a small teaser of our project "Comrades in arms".

u6RM-blFc4s

With best regards,

OTK team.

Source

Edited by Wass

Sure.

This thread - announce new mod we making

Looks really cool! OTK has always made some of the best SP experiences since ArmA.

Amazing, especially the soldier models are absolute brilliant, kudos to the maker!

Btw, may i ask who made the units?

If OTK needs stuff or help let us know, it always was my hope to see a well made soviets in afghanistan mod.

OTK rules! That video is excellent. Thanks for the teaser! And a very happy new year to you guys on that side of the planet. Great to see you guys around here again!

And couple days ago I asked for a soviet afghan war, can't wait for this to be finished :D

AWESOME project inded!!

BTW, in the campaign will it be possible to play as an Helicopter pilot??

(I hope so, since one thing that IMO is strongly missing in the campaigns since ArmA is the ability to fly as helicopter pilots - and of course this campaign "cries" for Mi-24 pilot/gunner missions!)

Nice! Was making some Sovjet-takistani war missions myself nowhere close to what you guys are showing!

Can't wait to see the 40th army in action, it will me magistal ;)

How about opossition for Soviets?

I thought about soldiers in olive BDU's (just like orginal TK army) with black berets/caps/M1 helmets/shemaghs , belts with pouches and AKs/FALs rifles. And of course for some SU25 missions, takistani Mig15's as opposition.

Armor: T55s, T34s and BRDMs (that militia ones)

Trucks and Cars would stay same as OA ones (exept landrovers).

Air: Mig15s, Antonovs (same as OA)

PS: poor Takistan... Soviets, Americans (first time, Persian Hammer :D), Americans again, who's next aliens? :D

Edited by maza94

I assume that the soviets will be fighting the mujihadeen instead of rogue TK army elements.

Looks great OTK, especially the units, look forward to it.

HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!! :O

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!! :O (dies)

Nice work OTK, i wanna get my hands on this when it gets released :)

Btw, may i ask who made the units?

Sure!

This is man in the team who makes this mod ;)

If OTK needs stuff or help let us know, it always was my hope to see a well made soviets in afghanistan mod.

We'll think about it, thanks :)

Wass, will the units be able to use the OA backpacks? It would be good to be able to carry an AGS-17 up to the top of a mountain with your platoon.