Sign in to follow this  
-=2RTR=- Somnus

WARFARE and SECOPS??? HELP???

First, W0lle if this is in violation of any rules please PM me and I will edit accordingly with gusto...

Second, I have been looking for the last couple of days for help on this and Have not found it in the search functions or the specifics that I'm looking for on Wiki either... *Sad hands*...

Thirdly I'm scripting mentally *etarded... Thus the silly questions...

I have seen many post about this but none seem to answer my specific questions...

1) I want to have it so that the Warfare module is running throughout the map without my player and units being connected?

EG. I have set up a FOB, My team consists of neutral Contractors, We are helping the UN as an overwatch as the conflict prevails across the country. We carry out missions under constant threat from both sides but never in direct contact. Unless we fire on them, at which point they become enemy...

Is there a way to do this without a script? Like adding a couple of lines in the "initialization" field of the WARFARE Module??? If so what is the commands? if not can some kind person bang out a script for me and also some instructions for scripting dummy's (like me) on how to get it to run billy basic style?

2) How the h*ll and where the h*ll do you tell the SecOps to use certain ranges for generating the missions? Also how do you tell it which missions you want it to use?

EG. I want all missions to spawn min 1000 away and max 3000? I've seen how to do it, command wise but not where to write the text in the editor. Remember I'm very easily confused by scripting... I can make 3d models for games and draw unclothed women for my mates tattoos, but when it comes to scripting I'm rather simple... So can I do this in the editor and in baby steps please explain how one might go about doing this???

Oh also... How do you force WARFARE to start you in one location and with your grouped units from the editor? I was trying to sort out the gamelogic "start" location icon synced to the WARFARE and had no joy, tried grouping it... also no joy... tried using a blank marker and grouped... Like you can do with units random spawns... No joy...

Erm... To recap...

1)How do you stop WARFARE from including the player?

2)How do you set spawn range and mission type in SecOps, keeping in mind I have tried the ways listed on Wiki to no avail?

3)How do you force a certain starting location in WARFARE?

PLEASE remember when replying if any of you are kind enough to help, that I'm hoping that all the above can be executed from within the editor. If not can someone please write a simple set of scripts and instructions for a simple creature like myself?

Awesome... You lads rock!

Fiddlesticks...

Nobody has any links for documentation? I've been searching Wiki every chance I get, but there is just not enough of an in-depth explanation... It only covers some brief examples...

==========================================SITREP=========================================================

So after many hours between KAF runs, I have found this site...

http://sandbox.darrenbrant.com/tag/editor-modules

Everyone else more then likely knows about it... But I thought I would post it just incase. The SOM info is I think all you really need... At least for us simple creatures...

Hope this helps someone out like it did me...

Still hoping to find or have someone help with the other listed issues though...

I found something on the above site but could not get it to work. Where you set down a start location from the gamelogic in units? You then name it "StartingLocation0", "StartingLocation1", etc... But I tried to sync it to the warfare, then to the player, then to nothing... No joy... Tried grouping it too... No joy, also tried putting down a "function" module and link it to everything at some stage... No workee...

Nevertheless... Still hoping someone can point me in the right direction... Maybe a simple script that covers this even?

PS. W0lle please let me know if this is in direct violation of any rules... I'll amend with gusto to your specs.

Edited by sabelzahntiger

Fiddlesticks...

Still hoping to find or have someone help with the other listed issues though...

I found something on the above site but could not get it to work. Where you set down a start location from the gamelogic in units? You then name it "StartingLocation0", "StartingLocation1", etc... But I tried to sync it to the warfare, then to the player, then to nothing... No joy... Tried grouping it too... No joy, also tried putting down a "function" module and link it to everything at some stage... No workee...

In the folder for your warfare mission, there is a file called, init_common.sqf, open it with notepad, then add this line...

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["sidePlacement",[false,-1,-1]]

This tells the game not to randomize the starting locations. It should work after adding that line.

Also, startinglocation0 will be the starting location for the west faction, startinglocation1 will be for the Opfor and startinglocation2 will be for resistance.

that sandbox.darrenbrant site is quite good, download one of the custom missions on there and reverse engineer it for more info.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lemonwire.

Yes setting sideplacement to false in your InitMission.sqf will force the warfare module to use the editor placed starting locations.

See the problem is the warfare module does add the startinglocation0 etc. to the pool of starting locations. But if the island already has starting locations built in (like the stock Arma ones do), then your starting locations are just a few out of many. You could play the mission many times and never randomly start at one of your editor placed locations; giving you the impression that what you did in the editor is incorrect. (been there)

setting sideplacement to false as Lemonwire said will force the module to only use custom editor placed starting locations.

Also don't forget to add

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitMissionScript","InitMission.sqf"];

to the init. of your warfare module to tell it to use your customized InitMission.sqf

Sorry I wasn't clear when I wrote that post on warfare starting locations sabelzahntiger. When I wrote that I was using a custom island with no built in starting locations, so I never had this problem.