Sign in to follow this  
bwph4273

W.I.P SR-71 Blackbird

Is it possible to evade missiles in Arma 2? With this plane?

Wow fantastic mate great work.

Sadly Aircraft, especially iconic ones, are lost to other games and most of the community dont seem interested in building them either.

Glad to see there are some people who love aircraft too and want them in Arma :)

sadly yes the weapons in Arma2 can bring it down . i was doing some flight testing at 9500 alt in game and decided to see if the AI would shoot at it . well it took them a really long time but they eventually did and if i had flares on it i think the missiles would have missed because it took them forever to reach the planes . plus when they are flying that high over head in game you cannot even get your gun reticle to them because they are almost straight up.

and the cynicism comes out... what does a Battlestar gallactica mod do for the game? or a Predator Warrior.. lets not forget the Zombie mods..... LMAO...... JKing guys .. bro build you mod ..... its all good it'll find a home

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

they did make an aircraft which is the original version of the SR, it is called the YF-12.. it was suppossed to be a high ALT, high Speed fighter. go ahead someone try to google it and prove me wrong....Here i'll help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_YF-12

there was also another version designated the RB-12 (reconnaissance bomber) that was never built but was suppose to carry 4 Phoenix missiles 2 on each side in compartments just behind the RSO cockpit .the paper said that they could carry small nuclear warheads or conventional ones. you can look it up but its really hard to find . i found the info on some top secret papers that had been released for the public. it was interesting how much info on the paper that was still blacked out . they actually had plans for about 6 or more different versions of the plane but most were never built . well as far as the info that was released to the public states.

+++++

I hate people who dismiss addons because they are not "realistic enough" or "dont fit in the gameplay". Back during the OFP days no one cared about such things, there was way much variety.

There where definately more "reality" mods in OPF as SciFi or fantasy mods. Abnd a lot of people cared about reaistic fidelity...that's why FFUR and ACE were made.

There where definately more "reality" mods in OPF as SciFi or fantasy mods. Abnd a lot of people cared about reaistic fidelity...that's why FFUR and ACE were made.

That wasnt what I said. Read it again ;)

ooooh the Blackbird :inlove:

One of the first model kit I did in my life, I was about 8 at the time, painted it in red and blue...yeah, I know :rolleyes:

Even if you cant get those scripts working the simple fact you're having fun building it and you're making - some of :raisebrow: - us happy is more than enough.

Keep up the good work and ignore those stupid comments from people who can't enjoy something for what it is.

Edited by Macadam Cow

This thread is about the Black Bird not if mod/addon should be made. Please keep this on topic. Your taking away from the original poster and leading this down the wrong path.

Keep up the great work on the SR-71. Please add a static/wreck model so it can be used as a mission objective. There is also away to set up the config so it is invisible to radar. Look up the USEC F-117 and check out the config file in it. It will show you how to make it radar safe.

@PROTOTYPE001 thanks for the info on the radar will look into it

So, just asking, what will the top speed for it be ingame?

well Ive been playing with it and without afterburner i can get around 1800 and cruise at 1200 but i haven't played with it that much . plus the release will use afterburner and hope to have top speed around 2500-3000 with the afterburner if possible. haven't tried it yet though.

Ahh, okay, thanks for the reply.

Cool, pilots have to wear spacesuits to fly em.

thats because the real plane cruises at altitudes of 80,000+ft. the air is pretty thin up that high.

Any chance of other variants like the original A-12 or YF-12A and F-12B interceptor? The F-12B would be particularly cool.

well I'm going to do the sr-71 first and if all goes well i don't see any reason why i couldn't do the others we will just have to see how it goes.

Why do a new model when you can just add weapons to the current one! :)

i know . i don't plan on doing a new model i will just have to add the weapon bays and modify the nose cone to make it an yf-12 but as said I'm just going to focus on completing the current version for now.

Here was my screens of SR-71.

Sorry, but i don't wanna create new topic

6bbbee7ddc87t.jpg 524263a46f0ct.jpg

BHKau2XA57I

My WIP variant of Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird (Convert from FS2004)

Edited by Mukcep

:threadjacked:

It would have been better to start your own, in my opinion.

Abs

Just I think my little convert does not deserve a separate topic.