Sign in to follow this  
-1PARA-JaRHeaD=CO=

Expansion (New Forces-IDF) and Map.

We would love to see ADF or NZDF more :D (Even though there is a Mod already)

IDF expansion set? As long as it's not beating piss-poor militias versus tanks and attack helis, but regular war with somehow balanced sides, at least CWC size - I'm in. Hamas? No, no, no. It's not like there's no countries hostile to Israel in the Middle East.

IDF have nice gear, lots of it. Arabian countries as Iran on the other hand often use quite old but still efective mix of Soviet and Western gear.

What's more, IDF don't have as much overwhelming advantage over possible enemies as USA does, so balanced and unpredictible conflict wouldn't be so unrealistic. Not to mention, lost campaign resulting in "Samson Option" initiated would be hell of a Bad End IMHO.

[possibly offensive opinion - If you're getting butthurt easily - don't read!]

I see lots of possibilities for campaign, missions, gameplay overall. And butthurt wimps screaming "oh noez, they made us bad guys again, BAW!!!" will be butthurt anyway. It's like internet moral crusaders hunting for any sign of pedopfilia, who can degradate ANY child-related material to sexual level, just to fight it and satisfy their moralfagish ego.

You're afraid of politics? Then how can you play Harvest Red, which is clearly about Russia first supporting Osetian separatists, and later invading Georgia themself? Dudes, chill out. It's just game. And don't forget you could always reverse roles and hunt American imperialistic pigs as Chedaki freedom-fighters :D.

Sorry if I offended someone, but that's my opinion. Only moron would care about politics in computer game to the point when he gets butthurt because it differs from his personal opinion.

[/possibly offensive opinion]

Back to topic. IDF expantion set - yes, But only if you also add other local nation(s), able to fight them equally. Let's forget hunting insurgents, and play WAR, like in good old times. If it's AGAIN elite troops with tanks and helis vs "sand people/commie rebels of uncertain nationality" with AK's and BRDM's, then I'm out.

Edited by boota

I remember there was a MOD team who made IDF stuff once, but they stopped when they found out a Palestinian guy had downloaded it.

I'd really like to play a shoot out game in a reconstruction map of Jersalem. What a mad city that is. Such an awesome and irregular enviroment. Buildings built on buildings built on buildings. Narrow streets and broadways. Density. Elevation. Madness!

It's a bit too complex though really, I don't ever expect to get more than very limited maps to be truthful. Like a R6 sized one or something.

I'm not really inspired by desert maps myself. I have yet to see a good one in a game that captures any jaw dropping element of beauty. Made it an enviroment I wish to site see in.

You know like how Crysis's tropical Islands are stunning.

I'm not saying it's not possible to do that, of course, just that as yet no one has.

Just no map maker with a real love of the desert perhaps.

That's my real top criteria for geographic scenarios, a place that the artist who is doing the job knows well and loves.

Edited by Baff1

As much as Israel pisses me off these days, the IDF can't hold a candle to the Russian armed forces in Chechnya.

If we're talking about something being too politically hot, it is about hot air and not substance.

I cringed the moment I saw the thread title. The moment Israel's name is dropped, people flock near just to get on political soapboxes or hate mongering, no matter what or where it's done. Don't get me wrong, I'm a ben noah and support Eres Yisra'el, but I just don't see myself supporting this, simply because of all the endless bickering, pissing and moaning people in the community would do. I think there's enough of that to go around half the time, why add to it?

If BIS had two perspectives in the story to keep it balanced--you're still going to have jackasses saying crap like, "BIS is trying to make the "Zionazis" (or insert any other moron anti-Israel/anti-Jewish term) look good--where's the ghettos, where's the checkpoints and bombing innocent people?! Bis supports Israel! I knew it!" and the other side chiming in saying BIS is making them look good and paint the IDF badly. In other words, both sides will never be satisfied, and it'll only lead to endless bickering. I highly doubt BIS will ever touch this one no matter how many people either want or not want it.

While I would like to play as IDF and play with stuff like a Negev/Tavor/Merkava, I don't see this one as happening. Too much unwanted headaches. Just look at some of the posts already, heh.

I will approach this from a non-political angle.

Points as mentioned in other threads:

1. No more time/resources should be spent on developing yet another bluefor (addonmakers are welcome to do so if they wish of course). What we need is more opfor.

2. New opfor needs to be NOT more pushovers like terrorists/insurgents or any of that. Asymetric turkey shoot is starting to get old, like an adult beating up a child. More balanced warfare where there is tension, and worry that one might actually get shot or blown up (if playing blufor) is the atmosphere that I would want to see in new BIS releases.

3. No more bland middle-easternish/desert maps please. Something fresh is needed.

So overall, I would personally say no to an expansion/DLC as suggested here, because to me it does not add much new things to Arma 2 not already covered by OA. It would just give a feeling of same (asymmetric) fight, same place, different skin. Not something I would fork over DLC money for, much less expansion.

I will approach this from a non-political angle.

Points as mentioned in other threads:

1. No more time/resources should be spent on developing yet another bluefor (addonmakers are welcome to do so if they wish of course). What we need is more opfor.

2. New opfor needs to be NOT more pushovers like terrorists/insurgents or any of that. Asymetric turkey shoot is starting to get old, like an adult beating up a child. More balanced warfare where there is tension, and worry that one might actually get shot or blown up (if playing blufor) is the atmosphere that I would want to see in new BIS releases.

3. No more bland middle-easternish/desert maps please. Something fresh is needed.

So overall, I would personally say no to an expansion/DLC as suggested here, because to me it does not add much new things to Arma 2 not already covered by OA. It would just give a feeling of same (asymmetric) fight, same place, different skin. Not something I would fork over DLC money for, much less expansion.

We need a winter map with glaciers.

I knew this thread would be trouble from the get-go, and I was right. There is no need for such discussions to continue. Take your political ideologies elsewhere, and not in a DLC suggestion thread.

Thread locked.