Sign in to follow this  
-1PARA-JaRHeaD=CO=

Expansion (New Forces-IDF) and Map.

I would like to thank you so far for bringing us OA & BAF and PMC .I think ARMA2 is the best game I ever played and has a unique engine and very realistic.

But I also would like to see IDF (Israel Defence Forces/Weps/vehicles/Maps/missions all together in next expansion. Since Israel is the one of the big countries in the market that provides modern and strong military equipments.

Also has a big backround and one of the key countries in Middle-east.

I don't need to say also is the one of the best army in world I guess.

I think whole jewish community will appreciate this.Thanks a lot for reading this and I wish my dream will come true :)

Have a nice new year!!

Edited by -1PARA-JaRHeaD=CO=

I don't think I'd be too fussed about this really. Some interesting equipment, but I think this would be too much of a political hot potato for BIS really. And to be honest where else have IDF deployed other than Palestine, Lebanon etc? Plus the map would look ugly as sin :P

I don't think I'd be too fussed about this really. Some interesting equipment, but I think this would be too much of a political hot potato for BIS really. And to be honest where else have IDF deployed other than Palestine, Lebanon etc? Plus the map would look ugly as sin :P

Sinai Peninsula,Suez Canal(Egypt),Golan Heights(Syria) I think thats fairly enough including Lebanon and Palestine.

If we're taking about Middle-East then yea Israel should be in the game.:)

But at the end that's just my opinion .

OA is based around Takistan (which is iraq area). What would IDF do around there anyhow (a defense army)? Why not Germany, or Netherlands or Denmark or French etc etc..See my point?

I said it before: you want to populate BIS games with content (content that only 3-4% of the entire community wants and would use)? Then start a mod and let BIS handle the new features of it.

This suggestion area turned into: i want i want i want and my idea is better than yours.

OA is based around Takistan (which is iraq area). What would IDF do around there anyhow (a defense army)? Why not Germany, or Netherlands or Denmark or French etc etc..See my point?

I said it before: you want to populate BIS games with content (content that only 3-4% of the entire community wants and would use)? Then start a mod and let BIS handle the new features of it.

This suggestion area turned into: i want i want i want and my idea is better than yours.

No this is not about OA If you read my post I said "New Expansion" not new "DLC"

So it will come with missions/maps not only mp ones .I can't do the whole single player missions ,maps and deffo I don't have time to create a new game since I'm not a game developer or moderator.I've got another job to do .But I'm willling to buy the game and support the community somehow.

Also can't understand Why I can't state my opinion politely?

+German and Czech army already in OA.

Don't get it I 'm just stating my opinion politely and deffo not moaning about it. It's up to community from now on .

Nice idea but no thanx.

We had already much more interesting scenarios.

Isnt there already a mod covering IDF and all that stuff?

At the end i dont need DLC, as we got great mods out there, which work suffers imho a bit under multiple

selling official DLC.

Maybe a corean scenario with an own terrain, in the dimension of Takistan, could be interesting.

"Bad East vs Good West" topic....

But i guess we already got enough of threads like this,sry.

Edited by Nephris1

Jahwes, EL Baal , Satans , Rothschild personal Hexagram Army- why not very fine enemys for Russian Army:D

As an Israeli I must disagree, It is nice if there will be a mod about it. I would like to have some well known equipment and doctrines.

But as mentioned above it will drag politics into gaming by BIS picking side.

There are some guys from both sides of the fence like the Lost Brothers mod which some are Palestinian and some Israelis and some neither.

IMO that is what make it special, in RL we fighting in here we are building together a game about virtual people fighting an unnecessary war.

If you want to help you can contact LOBO and help them with the mod.

There is also some reskin to Israelis vehicles and soldiers.

And please keep Judaism or Islam out of it. War is always about territory, religion is just an excuse.

Politics? Heh I don't think so really .Since the first flash point was all about politics and conflict between US and Russia and was all about Cold War. So Already politics has been in war games since ages.

It's just a point of view actually ..Check the Russian side (They are the enemies in single player and US forces are killing them to complete the missions) .Do you think that makes a good effect on russian gamers? Answer will be "NO".

But still everyone is playing this game coz don't give a crap about politics at all .

Same for US vs Japan or US vs German MOH Games by EA... (Every War starts with politics and they are actually results of the politics.)

US VS RUSSIA (Capitalism vs Communism) all about that in games like Call of duty,MOH,Ghost Reacon and all other tittles BC etc etc.

Politics and wars feeds the War games and gamers like it .

Same for war in Middle-east ..(Islamic)Terrorist organizations declared war(Jihad) on Jewish community and Christianity which you can see in ARMA2 OA That's the case lol..

Ofc it's all about politics and about territory but religion also feeds it. (Big part)

Just a point of view...

If you don't wanna see any political crap then you should play Sims or Super Mario lol...

Imo IDF would be too political, the US vs Russia (Blue vs Red) never got to a real war, the IDF are now in a debatable conflict. And apart from that, it would be more of the same but with slightly different weapons or models that just a small group of people would like to see / use.

I would like to make a "small" jump in time, like the orginal flashpoint series, and focus on a rather different era and theater of war / conflict or what have could been a war or conflict. Somthing like the Invasion of Grenada, the Invasion of Panama, the more recent conflict in Sri Lanka with the Liberation Tigers or the recently mentioned Drug wars in mexico and colombia with the gangs and rebels.

Edited by Chill xl

Imo IDF would be too political, the US vs Russia (Blue vs Red) never got to a real war, the IDF are now in a debatable conflict. And apart from that, it would be more of the same but with slightly different weapons or models that just a small group of people would like to see / use.

I would like to make a "small" jump in time, like the orginal flashpoint series, and focus on a rather different era and theater of war / conflict or what have could been a war or conflict. Somthing like the Invasion of Grenada, the Invasion of Panama, the more recent conflict in Sri Lanka with the Liberation Tigers or the recently mentioned Drug wars in mexico and colombia with the gangs and rebels.

What about US Vs Japan then? or Germany that never ended too political when EA and other tittles released those games. Same for US Vs Iraq or Iran ?

And Do not forget the Vietnam war and games ?

Why so politcal when it comes to Israel vs Egypt,Syria, Lebanon and palestine? Actually Israel Vs hamas and Hezbollah (Which both of them are islamic terrorist organization).

I can't understand why you guys are so picky ? US does the same and UK does the same as well in Afgan and in Iraq against Saddam and Al-Qaeda .

These scenarios has already been released and repeatedly coming in different tittles. (Delta Force series,Ghost Recon series etc).

So Why never ever Israel - Arab War or Israel vs Hamas and Hezbollah comes? Thats what we're missin since ages.

Israel has been in fight since ages against Terrorist organizations and I think deserves some respect in gaming universe as well.

I wasnt talking about other games, i was only referring to the flashpoint and arma series (BIS games), which are all fictive conflicts. And apart from that most of the real counterparts of these conflicts actually never happend (all the Russian atleast) or happend quite a while ago and are more or less "settled".

Then furthermore the Takistan situation which should represent the afghan / iraq conflict where US, UK and alot other countries are "helping" under the UN flag. Altough Israel fights insurgency aswell, it is also involved in a colonisational conflict with Palestina which is far from "settled". That makes it too political imo...

Edited by Chill xl

I wasnt talking about other games, i was only referring to the flashpoint and arma series (BIS games), which are all fictive conflicts. And apart from that most of the real counterparts of these conflicts actually never happend (all the Russian atleast) or happend quite a while ago and are more or less "settled".

Then furthermore the Takistan situation which should represent the afghan / iraq conflict where US, UK and alot other countries are "helping" under the UN flag. Altough Israel fights insurgency aswell, it is also involved in a colonisational conflict with Palestina which is far from "settled". That makes it too political imo...

you keep saying palestine and not mentioning about Hamas and Hezbollah (Terrorist organizations) ...I don't think you need to go into politics with terrorist organizations which US never does it as welll..

And bear in mind Iraq was a country without nuclear warheads and we all know what happened and never was so political bringing it into games.

Israel not in war with palestine now ...We are fighting against Hamas and Hezbollah (Terrorist organizations) . Which shouldn't even say it's too political.

So pls keep it real.

Only Izrael sees Hamas as terrorists though.

Hamas is classified as a terrorist organization by a number of governments, including those of Israel, the European Union, the United States, Canada and Japan.

Israel also fighting against Global terrorism as Non-NATO participant. So therefor I am a little dissapointed by the comments so far. I can understand that it may not comes very attractive idea for some of you but being so picky when it comes to Israel is just quite wrong.

Sorry m8, i dont want to get into a quarrel about whats true or not, especially not about the israel / palestina conflict. It's my opinion that this subject is too hot and i also think such dlc wouldnt significantly add something new to the scene. I think we should avoid the whole hassle and go for something different :)

Its ridiculous how you are flaming everyone that disagrees with the idea of IDF in a DLC. As some fellow arma players have stated: too political.

To accurately portray the situation in Palestine it would mean getting deeply involved in politics. We know the what can happen when the media needs a story, thats my point of view anyway.

Sorry m8, i dont want to get into a quarrel about whats true or not, especially not about the israel / palestina conflict. It's my opinion that this subject is too hot and i also think such dlc wouldnt significantly add something new to the scene. I think we should avoid the whole hassle and go for something different :)

Fair enough but still you're using the word "palestine" and that for sure makes it political and clearly can cause problems only in palestine.

I prefer to use Israel vs Hamas and Hezbollah .( Both Hamas and Hezbollah are Terrorist organizations).

I can understand this idea is not for you and I respect that, but saying it's too political I can't really agree on that.

Since I've said before everything has its own politcal side.(every conflicts or war) But when it comes fighting against terrorist organizations then No,it shouldn't be political at all.

But thanks for sharing your opinion and for your time :)

OA is based around Takistan (which is iraq area).

Actually, Takistan is nowhere near Iraq, it would be more closer to Russia, China, India, and the Central Asia area.

Actually, Takistan is nowhere near Iraq, it would be more closer to Russia, China, India, and the Central Asia area.

Yeah, my geography failed there, still it doesn't change the point i was trying to make, more so

I agree with most people here, too political.

If such a DLC/expansion were released I wouldn't buy it. I don't want to play neither with IDF nor with Hamas/ Hez Bollah terrorist arms. It might sound stupid, I know it's just a game but really I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THEM even if I like most of the Israelian equipment (the Merkava 4 is a serious beast)

What's happening in the middle east is nowhere close to what happened in Iraq.

Most of the iraqi wanted the US to invade their country and get rid of Saddam.

I don't think you will find a palestinian saying hes glad to have to go through checkpoints everyday, to see his country side slowly eaten by Israelian, happy to see his water ressources pumped by the Israelians, having to live with a blocus, and so on

I'm not antisemit I have several jew friends (I couldn't care less they're jew or not) and I don't think every palestinian is an angel but I really hope BIS (or any other company) will never put this conflict into a game.

:thumbsdown:

Edited by Macadam Cow

Screw politics, some hate israel, some hate palestine.

It has become a political puppy to side with either one.

Its a conflict like any other conflicts in history, based on resources and territory fueled by politics and religion.

It was the same in Iraq, same in Afghanistan, same in Cossovo, same in Africa etc. etc.. call it humanitarian, call it the right thing, call it whatever.

Still boils down to resource and territory fueled by politics and religion in each case.

Arm a man with a gun and he can cause death, arm a man with the power of speach and teach him religion and he can cause genocide.

Dont get me wrong i support all our allied troops, but there is always something behind a conflict.

As for the IDF dlc: well if it came with a decent campaign, decent composition of units,vehicles,weapons and a good city map or border map id buy it.

I would actually be cool with something like this. Not a bad idea, good storyline could work with it. IDF could be made into a fictional country and would become the OPFOR and do something like invade T-Stan after US/UK etc pull out of the country. Could be set a few years in the future with the original T-Stan map, only with a few changes like buildings/military installations. End up with a Takistan 2011 and a Takistan 20?? for whatever year it takes place in.