Sign in to follow this  
acidic35

Snipers and minigun in blackhawk?

Is it possible?? Coz IRL, Blackhawks have miniguns and snipers shooting. the onli alternative to the minigun is the M60.

No, what i meant was using infantry weapons while flying in a UH60

that's not possible in the OFP engine and rather pointless.

I don't think Snipers regulary use choppers as shooting platforms. The Machine Gun is only used for defensive purposes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 10 2002,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think Snipers regulary use choppers as shooting platforms.  <span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, I wouldn't think so. To shoot something using optics you have to be very very still. Choppers shake a lot so trying to shoot something from a chopper using optics is impossible.

hitting things with the doorgun is hard enough already biggrin.gif i can imagine circling the base firing off thousands of rounds from my M-21 trying to hit 1 guy

the only point this is used is in the police who r chasing criminals in large cities. It is mainly used for intimidation

im in the process of making two new versions of the blackhawk, one with the m60 and one with a minigun, not huge modifications but i thought that this is what people wanted smile.gif

Well, I have seen people shoot smallarms from helicopters, it can get relatively steady but not accurate with scopes, I've just seen them slow down to a near hover and then a crew flooding a ship with fire.

*sigh* Here we go again.

It would be useless to shoot out of the black hawks (or any chopper) with a sniper rifle. For one thing the chopper would have to be hovering and 2, you wouldnt want to be shooting out of a chopper over a battlefield. An RPG would come to send you a greeting. So i think a sniper plat form would be bad.

Now as for the minigun that wouldnt be bad at all. Might be better than the 50.

looks like it will get extremely... "intermediate" to shoot from a blackhawk =P

well ive put a minigun on a blackhawk, i just need oxygen to arrive and ill put it ingame, i also finished the m60 version

regardless of whether it would be steady enuff or not u gotta admit it would be purely cool takin someone out with a m21 from an airborn uh60 - blackhawk down eat ur heart out tounge.gif