Sign in to follow this  
Fyrd Judge

Trakir5 software update

Has anyone downloaded the latest’s software update, in last week and found that within ArmA 2, F7 up to F12 keys are not being Recognised? Or that pressing one key about 30 times, may change one of the keys now and again.

I had that since I got my TIR5. It's the main reason I rarely use it anymore, unfortunately.

You can re assign the keys in TrackIR software so you get your F keys back, not done the update yet but the previous version was the same.

I used TrakIR 5 PRO for over 2 years and had no problem, unitl i upgraded sofware a few days ago.

But i also noticed if i unpower the trakir, i have to press the same keys about 20 times to get them to work.

You can only reassign some of them. There are other F keys that seem locked to TIR and I can't find, even in the config files, where they are defined. Kind of a stupid design choice when you're using it with a game like Arma 2 where squad control is all done via the F keys. :(

You can re assign the keys in TrackIR software so you get your F keys back, not done the update yet but the previous version was the same.

Done that, but still the problem occurs

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Ok, i have just reloaded software 5.0 final, all back to normal.

So it is the version 5.01 that was the cause of the problems.

yup, I experienced the same problem when I upgraded.

F-Keys F7-F12 became unavailable in Arma II/OA/CO. I went into the software and rebound the F-keys for pause, precision etc. to different keys so Track IR wasn't using them. Then I Loaded up Arma II/OA/CO and the darn F-keys wouldn't work.

I spent a couple hours trying different things and I finally gave up. I rolled back to Track IR 5.0b final as the version to use.

Hopefully they fix that in the next beta release.

Cheers

Lazerath

My TrackIR stopped working after the latest update, I had to uninstall and then download and reinstall the older version

You guys should post on the naturalpoint forums to let them know about it.

You sure you're not running FRAPS in the background...? That takes control over many keys by DEFAULT from F6 upwards. As for people saying you CANNOT reassign trackIR controls, that is a lie. All of my trackIR keys are reassigned to my numpad / * and -.

To stop the program loading the "DEFAULT" profile all the time, make a custom one with ur defined keys in the program and delete (or move) all over XML profiles in NaturalPoint / TrackIR5 / Profiles.

You CANNOT change the default profiles keys, so you need to make a custom one and do what I said above Zipper. After that you should enjoy trackIR a bit more, the keys are a frustration indeed until you change them.

To create a new profile do the following:

1. Open trackIR5 software

2. Expand Advanced Settings

3. Select profiles tab

4. Click the + key to the right of the exclusive box

5. Setup the new profile with your desired settings and keys

6. Move default profile out the folder as mentioned above

Edited by rexehuk

Yes, I have my own profiles. The issue remains. I do run Fraps but, again, I have my own keybinds for that which do not use the F keys. Some of the keybinds for TIR5 you can change, which are currently Center, Pause, Precision and Profile. There are others running in the background that you cannot change, and I've been searching around for how to do so. For example, the F7 key is always locked when running TIR5 and you cannot change it. Each of the keybinds have a check-box called Trap which if disabled re-enables them, but then you're doing two things at once, and the other hidden keybinds remain unchangeable.

You guys should post on the naturalpoint forums to let them know about it.

I have done.

They know about it and are working on it.

Edited by 14int

You can only reassign some of them. There are other F keys that seem locked to TIR and I can't find, even in the config files, where they are defined. Kind of a stupid design choice when you're using it with a game like ARMA 2 where squad control is all done via the F keys. :(

I've only noticed F7, F10, and F12, all of which you can reassign inside the program, or also disable. Either way it remedies the problem of these keys being 'unusable' for ARMA 2 purposes.

I personally reassign 'center' then disable Precision and pause.

why is so expensive this thing? when you can make your own device almost for free?, it doesnt make any sense

why is so expensive this thing? when you can make your own device almost for free?, it doesnt make any sense

Cos there's a full team of people working on this together with the game developers to make sure that it works natively with games like Arma and flight sims.

Lots of time and effort spent optimizing and making sure everything is working fine.

Don't forget this is a niche product.

It's a hardware solution where the work is done by the camera unit, whereas the free one is a software solution and is done by your CPU. This means that the TrackIR is quicker, more responsive and generally more robust and reliable.

It's a hardware solution where the work is done by the camera unit, whereas the free one is a software solution and is done by your CPU. This means that the TrackIR is quicker, more responsive and generally more robust and reliable.

If you use Freetrack and a Wii mote (Like I do) the CPU usage is negligible as the Wii mote uses way less CPU usage than a web cam.

If you use Freetrack and a Wii mote (Like I do) the CPU usage is negligible as the Wii mote uses way less CPU usage than a web cam.

A Wii mote? I haven't heard of this. You need to wear a Wii mote on your head? :D

A Wii mote? I haven't heard of this. You need to wear a Wii mote on your head? :D

I just tried to imagine this 2 minutes ago and I can't stop laughing.

How is that relevant to this thread? Please don't post offtopic thanks.

I used the 03 beta for a few hours and I must say I like it, using TIR 4.

It does give options of backing up profiles and they will be in the profile list after the install.

I will try the wii on top of the head some other day :D