Sign in to follow this  
Khalashnikovf

Nuclear Explosion - Physics Improved

Wow! Love this a lot Khalashnikovf! Great work man!

Yeah, thanks...

Will be better if there is any person which can help me with preload issues and particle restrictions...

Im working now on another improvment in Shocwave model which will count with diference in terrain (so units could theoreticaly "hide" behind the hill :) )

and Heat radiation to be more believable (because now can plan just fly through the Mushroom cloud and nothing happens to it).

okay some feedback as promissed..

Big performence drop with bigger explosion. Very slow movement activity.

Tanks and all will get destroyed. Units standing next to it, not. alot stays alive (not all do, some die, some injured, some nothing).

Hope you can fix it, before me campaign release :rolleyes:

Big performence drop with bigger explosion. Very slow movement activity.

Not able to do something. Particles are particles. Thats why I recomended to use 20kT max :)

Tanks and all will get destroyed. Units standing next to it, not. alot stays alive (not all do, some die, some injured, some nothing).

You have to specify where are soldiers stands, in what stance, etc.

And about that your hopes. Im so busy right now that I cant even find some time for proper sleep, so...

I used an explosion of size 4.

1 has no problems with performence drop.

I will PM you soon with the alpha build of the mission so you can see what happens.

The units are in stand possition on a hill at Utes.

greetz.. and get some sleep ;)

bumping dead thread again.. sorry..

but what script do I have to terminate in order for the post processing and mushroom cloud to go away? It's cool that it lingers, but my mission requires that some fighting goes on as well and I'd like the cloud out of the way for that to happen.

Also how can I get rid of that vision blur that occurs?

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

New version released.

Several things repaired, improved, added.

but what script do I have to terminate in order for the post processing and mushroom cloud to go away?

Also how can I get rid of that vision blur that occurs?

All of this should be off if you terminate nuke.sqf (colors, mushroom)

Thanks I may have been trying to terminate the script that initiates the nuke or something, it's been awhile but I will try again, that's the only thing that turned me off from your script. I will look over the updated version though.

This may have been brought up, but it seems that if I detonate multiple warheads, only the first one will actually damage the environment around it. I'm assuming it's just a limitation of the script or something.

WOW, awesome work.

Can you send the mission to Armaholic or other place?? I can't use the megaload.

Does this bomb have sqf version??:D

WOW, awesome work.

Can you send the mission to Armaholic or other place?? I can't use the megaload.

Does this bomb have sqf version??:D

Its completely and only sqf, I hate these pbo packs which you cant modify unless you unpack it :)

About that Armaholic ... I dont know how its work there. Some Advices? I would love to present it there, but Im afraid that this one is nothing revolutionary to be in there :P

EDIT: Added sample also on Mediafire

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

This may have been brought up, but it seems that if I detonate multiple warheads, only the first one will actually damage the environment around it. I'm assuming it's just a limitation of the script or something.

Nope, it should work for even 40 Nukes. Maybe its only something wrong... dont know. Im usually glad to survive one Nuke :D

Edited by Khalashnikovf

Here's exactly what I'm doing, I run Nuclear Test and delete all units, reconfigure the nuke to how I want it and place it where I want it to go.

I have two triggers set, Radio Juliet and Radio Alpha

Radio Juliet:

nul = [nuke2,16,false,0,false,true,false] execvm "lk\nuke\nuke_countdown.sqf";

Radio Alpha:

nuke=[] execVM "lk\nuke\nuke.sqf"; terminate nuke;

The wiki for "terminate" has this in it's description for how to use it:

_Script=[] ExecVM "Script.sqf"; Sleep 5; terminate _Script; 

However when I try to place my radio alpha trigger I get "local variable used in global space". Which is why instead of "_script" I replaced it with "nuke"

Well, the Nuke script is launch through Spawn preloaded in init. so you can try terminate that exact global variable. Should work.

But you got point with this termination of script, I will do something for it in future. So Mission makers will be able to terminate Cloud earlier and (I presume) Fadi IN black and write something like 1 year later, right?

Will do that, but, give me some time,ok?

By global variable do you mean terminating each of these scripts at once? I'm a bit of a scripting noob. These are the scripts in the init.

"lk\nuke\shockpush.sqf";
"lk\nuke\shockawe.sqf";
"lk\nuke\shockaweStatic.sqf";
"lk\nuke\nuke.sqf";
"lk\nuke\nuke_incoming.sqf";
"lk\nuke\coverableBuildings.sqf";

By global variable do you mean terminating each of these scripts at once? I'm a bit of a scripting noob. These are the scripts in the init.

"lk\nuke\shockpush.sqf";
"lk\nuke\shockawe.sqf";
"lk\nuke\shockaweStatic.sqf";
"lk\nuke\nuke.sqf";
"lk\nuke\nuke_incoming.sqf";
"lk\nuke\coverableBuildings.sqf";

Most of these are luanched once and not used by global measure.

Only Nuke.sqf. That is the one which makes particle effects of cloud.

Yeah, sorry, I'm not really not following this whole global variable thing.

If you give me soem time (day,week,month)...

I will make some addition when it should be this Cloud terminated.

Hi,

It dosnt work on MP for me.

Got all KaBoom effects and fallot. But no damage at all to nothing.

I got it configured all right. Becouse on SP it works.

My server is on linux, i rent a dedic.

Hi,

It dosnt work on MP for me.

Got all KaBoom effects and fallot. But no damage at all to nothing.

I got it configured all right. Becouse on SP it works.

My server is on linux, i rent a dedic.

Yes,I discovered this issue too lastfew days ago ... and sincerely, have no idea why is that so...

Would need some Pro for analyse this stuff. Because every unit is affected by it, but not play by it self if he is on foot.

it could be that the nuke scripts are launched on server, and only effect server sided units (ai, objects), you would have to somehow check that all units are effected (maybe using multiplayer framework to apply damage and broadcast it over the network)

or it could be that a client launched the script, and only the objects belonging to the client (himself, group members) were effected, and if he was outside of range of the nuke, it would appear it as not doing anything.

Might be best to use multiplayer framework or cba functions like global execute to make sure damage and shockwave effects are effecting everyone.

Hi Khalashnikovf,

i´m overhelmed of your work!

I do not understand the whole script, but i can use it and have a lot of fun.

As a mark of respect i made a short vid of your Nuke-script in action.

Have a look and thank you once again!

p3QKDxd08DE

Cheers

McLupo

Good point about those helicopters sitting on the ground, will look at that ridiculously big pressure forcing them to be pushed and artifically lower it to not look kinda stupid :)

Otherwise nice looking vid, keep up!

I see your script also simulates radiation, and i was wondering, how would one make so a unit can not be affected by it if it is a certain type of unit? (say you are a normal unit you are affected, though if you are a a unit with Hazard suits then you're not.)

Are you hosting the demo mission anywhere else? I'd like to try it.

Are you hosting the demo mission anywhere else? I'd like to try it.

Well. Mediafire is pretty much all for now. Can you advice me some other totally free host servers?