Sign in to follow this  
spektre76

Jackal Mission

Okay so, I droped in behind the base. I made it through the wall past the perimeter guard walking around the tanks undetected. I laid both satchel charges. I made a 180 and proceeded back under the wall undetected. I climed up the hill and and went south west to the highest peak overlooking the fuel truck and helicopter. Then I blew the charges.

My question is: What do I do now? I have received no indication of what to do next. No more waypoints are shown other than the one which would lead back into the lions den. It sure was a fun mission though! I really love the Mk.17 with the night scope!

You have to complete the mission ...

There are several tanks to blow up. Move around the base and you will locate them all.

Yeah I saw there was an ammo crate. I just need to go back and fourth until I plant charges by all the tanks. My main problem is the service station. It seems no mateer how slow or quite I am, the alarm triggers. And if I take out anyone the alarm triggers. The gas station was pretty easy to plant.

Like so much in Arma2, success requires out-of-the-box thinkng ...

Stealth is your friend ... wait, hide in the shadows, stay low. Hiding under the tanks after you plant your charges and wait until the coast is clear are all parts of the strategy. I triggered the blasts in batches while I was still behind enemy lines. The chaos caused by the blasts helps you move around. I used the resulting noise, movement and and confusion to move around, plant more charges and to take out any guards on watch or in the way.

Have fun!

Oh yeah I'm stealthy no doubt. I never get seen in this mission ever. It just........

I tried to take out a guard but as soon as I do the alarm sounds and the flares go up. No doubt it's a game trigger for sure. Even though it's been rough, it's my favourite mission! I think I crawled around 6ft at a time for 45 minutes. Then I look up and the watch is standing right on top of me, LOL. He wont leave either. Thanks man I will try that for sure.

:yay:

I did this without rearming any satchels, if I'm not wrong there is 5x T-72s. Just place 1 satchel in between 2 tanks and that will use up 3 charges from you. Don't forget there is 2 more satchels in your ACU Assault Pack(backpack). Place one at the Armory and another at the Gas Station (2 Objectives marked on Map).

Stay clear, climb towards the mountain and blow all 5 satchels and exfiltrate.

Finished!

Score...............3400

Duration...........29m

All targets destroyed except for Gas Station =o(. I found out you can take out the watch tower guard over at that far wall near the village. You can also shoot out lights in certain areas to aid in your infiltration.

Fellas, you know it's perfectly okay to post spoilers un-spoiler-tagged in the Official Missions section, right? You just can't do it anywhere else. ;)

Fellas, you know it's perfectly okay to post spoilers un-spoiler-tagged in the Official Missions section, right? You just can't do it anywhere else. ;)

LOL, I know now. I just didn't want to get flammed or banned. :)

I love this mission!!!

I droped just outside the base perimeter. Climb through the hole on east-side wall. Hidden in the shadow near the crew shelter and, pop the grenade to both shelter. Now all the crews are killed. Start to clean the base and finished the objective both primary and secondary. Exfil to the evac.

Done!

so you did the rambo approach where a lone man killed an entire base of people.

I don't know how he could have done that? I threw a grenade far off in the distance and th alarms still went off and I was chased down by an APC.

I managed to take down a guy in the tower without the alarm going off but I'd expect a grenade to get their attention!

I managed to take down a guy in the tower without the alarm going off but I'd expect a grenade to get their attention!

Yeah that guy all the way in the back close to town right? That's the guy I took out. :yay:

Yeah that guy all the way in the back close to town right? That's the guy I took out. :yay:

Yep - just so I could safely get to the petrol station. Was great to see the whole place explode with Blastcore mod running!