Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

An Arma 2 questionnaire

In no particular order, I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions like:

1. How often do you play and for how long for?
  2. What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC?
  3. Are there any must have MODs for you?
  4. What utilities/additional hardware help assist you?
  5. Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most?
  6. If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?
  7. What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer?

and any other information that you think may help others....

Edited by Infiltrator_2K

1. 2 times a week for ~2 hours each time.

2. Yes ;)

3. no

4. Joystick and TrackIR

5. MP

6. Clan

7. Fav: Pilot. Hate: Night and foggy

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Please be a little more descriptive with your thread titles next time. This one really didn't have any information pertaining to the content. I fixed it for you.

But here are my answers:

1. At least once a day, and either for extended periods of multiple hours or quick "missions" to get things done. Usually I'm always in the mission editor.
  2. All 3.
  3. I have yet to find a must-have mod for Arma 2. I'm perfectly contempt with vanilla. I would say CWR2 but there's an obvious bias there. :p
  4. ArmA Edit and Eliteness are the two external programs I use the most. Very useful programs.
  5. Single player.
  6. If I play multiplayer, I either play it on a friend's locally hosted server or on the CAP server.
  7. I don't really have a favorite role. My pet hate about Arma 2 MP is the lack of variety in mission rotations on 90% of servers.

In terms of information to help others, I'd say to concentrate on SP and the editor first, and move on to MP if you really want to, unless something changes that drastically improves the variety of mission rotations. Otherwise you'll just be disappointed. Personally, I think the best thing about Arma 2 is the editor, and if you spend enough time in it, getting to learn its quirks, then I think you'll think the same. ;)

How often do you play and for how long for?

Most days, for a couple of hours :)

What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC?

CO with DLCs, but I don't play any campaigns and rarely play default missions.

Are there any must have MODs for you?

DAC3, SLX, several maps, VFAI, Zeus, JTD FAS (I know it's mine, but I made it 'cos I wanted it :)), ACE2_sm.

What utilities/hardware helps assist you?

TrackIR, Thrustmaster Cougar, Belkin n52te, Notepad++, cPBO.

Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most?

Single player.

If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?

Random.

[*]What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer?

Favourite role is just ordinary soldier. Pet hate, don't see much I hate :) apart from any blatant idiocy like griefing.

Edited by DMarkwick

1. Daily if I get the time. Mostly for one or two hours after work, more on the weekend or when I can fit it in.
  2. All of it
  3. WarFX and Jarhead's sound mod IMO
  4. Mouse and Keyboard ;)
  5. Both, although I spent a lot of time editing missions that I never release (yet)
  6. Rarely play online. Mostly LAN.
  7. Might be weird, but I prefer to be a bog standard rifleman. I hate the typical mix of rambos and "snipers" on most public servers; if there are servers that enforce team play, I have yet to find them.

Extra information: Most fun I had was playing co-op with friends. I suppose that if you want a good online experience, joining a clan or at least teaming up with a clan is the only thing that works, although I have yet to try that.

Play every other day, edit nearly every day on average. Sometimes for a few minutes but I try to find an hour or two to devote to it.
    Combined Ops + DLCs
    ACE, JSRS, WarFX, ZeusAI, some TrueMods and other tweaks.
  4. What utilities/hardware helps assist you?
    Notepad++
    Mac Pro
    SP
  6. If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?
    Host a game for reblmen
    Heavy Gunner (M60)
    Enad

Please be a little more descriptive with your thread titles next time. This one really didn't have any information pertaining to the content. I fixed it for you.

Caught me fishing - hook, line & sinker! :p Definitely got a couple of good bites though :D I was actually going to do an edit, although you beat me to it :o

Almost every day as long as I have time. :)

All of them are loaded.

Depends what you want to play. If you want to play WWII -> I44; if good old OFP -> CWR2 (what is released so far); if I play on AToW -> AToW mod.

Only normal stuff.

Both. Btw. you forgot editing as third option (ok, it is kind of SP). Editing is what I do the most sometimes. It always changes. This is what makes Arma special. You can always play it.

If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?

AToW or custom servers where the action is.

What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer?

Fav: Normal soldier.

Hate: I hate non-cooperative "team work".

On average 15 hours a week, would love to play it even more if I had the time for it :)

Mostly OA since it was released, but sometimes I still play a short mission with the original A2.

Non.

Gamebooster to stop all the background services and programs running.

Single player and the editor.

Not a big fan of MP so far. Probably because I do not use voice thus not welcome in clans where voice is always mandatory to join. Random servers (Domi) I get annoyed to much trying to get to the action. Choppers you want to get in take of 2 meters before your nose... When you finally get a lift the chopper crashes into a hillside. And with other missions You have to walk like 2 miles to an objective that is cleared by someone else 100 meters before you arrive at the location, walking 2 miles for nothing.

Any infantry unit and flying jets. No hates (other then the already mentioned).

At least every second day, sometimes for over 12hrs at a time.

Probably Combined Ops with a touch of BAF and PMC.

ACE sound mods and other separate sound mods. Islands mods, really enjoying Fallujah and Mana at the moment. Aircraft, aircraft and more aircraft. [GLT]Myke's MOAB, for when you have to absolutely positively kill every mofo in the town.

I use Xpadder for my Xbox controller, TrackIR 5, Siatek Cyborg Evo flightstick and TS3.

Multiplayer mostly, or in the Editor.

I play mostly on one of my Clan's server [5-Rifles] , other servers I enjoy are 3para and 7Cav.

I usually play as sniper/overwatch and try to get in first to recon the AO before the team arrive.

At the moment I get my kicks with the Lee Enfield and Revolver, taking a couple of satchels or IEDs in with me to sort out enemy armour or objectives.

Edited by Liquidpinky

1. Couple of hours most evenings, none recently obviously.

2. OA but have them all running.

3. Lingor/Fallujah.

4. Spirited machines armalauncher, invaluable to this game for mods/beta/steam/retail.

5. Multiplayer.

6. Boards.IE server our own server.

7. Spotter with a laser designator and driver of a vehicle.

1: Daily, several times each week, it definitely takes a chunk out of my total computer time.

2: I have Combined Ops, I use the DLCs quite often.

3: CBA, VopSound 2.3 and ZeusAI, but I do enjoy an occasional slice of ACE as well.

4: Mouse + keyboard. And glasses.

5: Singleplayer, editoring.

7: When in coop with a couple of my buddies, I'm usually the medic or the spotter.

Hate: Snipers who think that this is a game where bows and arrows and jars of pee are useful.

Edited by OnlyRazor

Just sometimes somedays
    Original + Arrowhead
    No ACE at all, just don't like it. Any FFAA mod are great (spanish mods). InstantViewer mod for view distance in MP (coop only).
    Filezilla client/server to send files to the host, notepad++, cobian backup
    to save the Mission directory and save the missions I create
    Mostly in the Editor. I create Coop missions for my mates.
    Clan server, or Warfare servers
    Regular soldier or RPG/M136. I'm great pilot but prefer close combat with any red dot rifle. I'm bad at tank driving or shooting

1. How often do you play and for how long for? almost every day, until I get tired or hungry
  2. What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC? yes
  3. Are there any must have MODs for you? no vanilla is fine... but sounds (JSRS), GUI (PvPScene), MMA, WarFX, JTD stuff are used most
  4. What utilities/hardware helps assist you? loud stereo system, large monitor
  5. Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most? yes
  6. If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random? random, PvP or coop is fun, but if I have to pick favorite... C5
What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer? no favorites, hates would include cheaters and sore winners/losers

and any other information that you think may help others.... be patient, listen to advice, have fun

2-3 nights a week

All

WarFx Blastcore and JSRS

TrackIR5, X-52 and 600W Technics 5.1 :D

Both. I like to play small singleplayer missions when the others in our group aren't online

We got our own dedicated server, play on that mostly

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/125832

Like playing as Medic

Hate people who play the game for an hour and decide its shite without giving it a proper go

Everyday if I can (work) about 2-3hrs, and all day on weekends.

Arma2 only, planning on getting OA in the new year.

Not really, A2WarMod contains most of them for what it does, but I'm open to new stuff.

None.

Sp for testing, but mostly mp editing, and mp with a friend or two in coop.

My buddy and I have our own server setup for A2WarMod,

were possibly going to get a Arma server as we had one before with WarMod running, and in the new year possibly a CO server.

Fav role is Inf w/m203 or m249saw, or Pilot. Dont really have pet hate.

Weekends only

All, Arma CO, BAF and PMC

ACE, JRSS sound mod, Shactack movement/hud

TrackIR5, cpbo

SP by modifying original campaign, or sp mission created by community.

We have our own server in Indonesia (IG), and mostly we play coop mission, sometimes i play in AEF server or 3para.

Ordinary soldier stressing on team play. (hate rambo style).

Edited by Icabola

In no particular order, I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions like:

A couple of hours a week.
    Arma2 as i don't have OA or the DLC's.
    Tons.Too many to name her. I don't use ACE.
    Editors for briefings and stuff.
    I creat COOP missions in the editor, test them in singleplayer and play them in COOP with friends.
    I dont play MP.

When playing COOP i always end up being the squadleader as i tend to have less problems with the AI as they do.I stay back more and divide the AI in groups and use them to flank enemies.In this regard Arma2's AI's are simply astonashing.I have no pet hates.

When dealing with friendly AI you need to have a lot of patience.When you have a large group divide them into smaller teams.The overall AI seem to work better in small groups. Also prepare to sit on the sidelines when playing the squadleader and let your friends and friendly AI do the work.Arma 2's AI is one of the best AI out there if you use them correctly.;)

1. Regularly just once per week roughly 7 hours total.

2. Combined Operations only now. Later BAF and PFC.

3. No.

4. Fraps, Xfire, 5.1 CH headphones, TrackIR4:PRO and Track Clip PRO, forcefeedback joystick and wheel.

5. Multiplayer cooperative only.

6. I only host. No time to join other servers.

7. Squad Leader. I hate bugs that show themself only in multiplayer cooperative.

As often as I can. We have 2 set events per week that I try to attend, and some gaming throughout the week that I also try to participate in any time I am not making missions or editing videos. :)

All of them in about equal measure I think. By this I mean that I use the tools and resources in my missions. I do not play the campaigns.

Not really any MUST haves, but the game really gets a lot more immersive with WarFX and a good sound mod, and the multiplayer experience really gets a boost if you use ACRE.

I have a joystick, normal keyboard, g5 gaming mouse and I'm looking into getting TrackIR 5. EDIT: I just got a TrackIR 5 and trackclip pro!

I pretty much exclusively play Multiplayer.

I play on our =NF= clan's servers (the details of which can be seen in my signature).

I love pretty much any role. I don't mind waiting in an atillery piece back at base to provide artillery support, I don't mind being a grunt or a leader or a pilot. Any role gives me a different experience, and variety is the spice of life. My pet hate would be players that don't listen and go off on their own, hackers and server crashes.

Edited by Von_Lipwig

Q: How often do you play and for how long for?

A: 2-3 Times a week, 1 - 6 hours

Q: What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC?

A: I played all

Q: Are there any must have MODs for you?

A: ACE, JSRS, Mando, Kju PROPER ADDONS, SakuSun (All on Singleplayer except ACE)

Q: What utilities/additional hardware help assist you?

A: A Headset with High Quality MIC :D

Q: Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most?

A: Both, when early in the morning I play Singleplayer. Afternoon when there is more people will be playing Warfare or Domination

Q: If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?

A: Games.on.net Warfare Server, AEF Australia Server, VMA NewZealand Server and Local Host Servers

Q: What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer?

A: Fav Role: Delta Force or Engineer (Most likely with SAW or Mk48) and Love Night Ops, Hate: Rainy weathers and fogs.

Edited by avengerzx

about 5days a week for bout 3hrs

combined ops

JSRS CBA Domination........ so far

What utilities/additional hardware help assist you?

HOTAS WartHog, TrackIR5pro, Saitek pro Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFD

MP

AEF domination or MSO or Games.on.net with G3TSOME clan (G3TSOME.COM)

Gunship Pilot:D, pet hate ppl leaving vehicles on the runway or taxiway:mad:

COMUNICATION!! call out targets to inf. if your in the air, some times the

best way is NOT with your awesome air vehical of destruction! & if u r inf dont forget to take a Laze designator it dose all a range finder does plus it

has IR and can paint targets that cant be locked onto (like inf clusters for

big grins all round)

-How often do you play and for how long for?

Mostly every day for a few hours in evening.

-What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC?

All

-Are there any must have MODs for you?

WarFX/VaporTrails/Sounds of War

-What utilities/additional hardware help assist you?

X-52 joystick/TrackIR

-Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most?

Mostly MP but a bit of SP when making missions or playing for a few mins.

-If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random?

Clan server (=NF=)

-What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer?

Any role. I like to fly choppers and be a grunt on the ground.

Edited by EDcase

Most days, couple of hours in evening, longer on weekends

Original and OA

Proper Projects simple vegetation models and distance enhancement, Lingor and Fallujah.

None. I'm a keyboard and mouse fighter.

Multiplayer 60%, single 40%.

On the LAN with my son.

Armour, baby! The heavier, the better. I also like stealth behind-enemy-lines missions eg Delta/Seals/SAS. Don't really care for flying anything.

Edited by MissionCreep

1. How often do you play and for how long for? 2 hours or so a day if I can, weekend depending maybe a 4 hours stint if life allows.
  2. What do you play most? Original, OA, BAF or PMC: Always OA using BAF units mainly and spending more and more time back in Chernarus (But OA maps alot too)
  3. Are there any must have MODs for you? JSRS / ACE2 / Copy Stance Addon / Blastcore / ZUES AI (many to be honest but these are the mainstays).
  4. What utilities/additional hardware help assist you? Yomas Addon Sync / Arma2 Launcher / Rivatuner (fan speed settings) / MIC set using Pilflus voice activation

5. Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer the most? I Play SP the most
  6. If you play multiplayer, what server(s) do you play on? Clan, favourite or random? I mainly only ever skulk around Kellys Heroes if I go online, a nice bunch of chaps and a well run ship (Check my sig for Teamspeak comedy fun from KH server).

7. What's your favorite role and pet hate when playing multiplayer? Favourite Roll is sniper in some missions, but general grunt I love, pet hate is Helis, I will kill everyone, im shit at landings.

Edited by mrcash2009