Sign in to follow this  
tsb247

Pistol Bug still present in latest version of OA and PMC?

I was playing PMC, and I noticed that the pistol bug is still very much present. Asano will draw his pistol (I can't imagine why - he has TONS of ammo for his M8 sharpshooter), and he will freeze. He will not follow commands or anything.

I am running the latest versions of everything (minus the beta patches).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround, or will I have to restart the mission.

What really baffles me is that he switched to his pistol even though he has about 6 mags for the rifle he is carrying. Does the AI automatically switch to a pistol if they are being engaged below the minimum range for a marksman weapon? It makes sense, but it is a behavior I have not seen in the AI before.

Switching to pistol in some situations is fine only getting stuck in that mode is not.

If you are TL you can unequip pistols for each member.

I am plagued with this problem as well. I was moving through a map and heard an ai squad member say "where are you". I returned and found all my squad stopped due to one of them being on his belly pistol drawn and not responding to commands. I eventually shot him and of course the rest of my squad did the same to me in turn.

I have lots of mods running so I suspected it might be one of them. This is hard to reproduce since I don't know if squad members have pistols in particular missions. I can only assume that when I play for hours with no problem, that it is because no one is packing a sidearm.

Edited by Khugan

I'm having problems with units getting stuck when they draw their pistols too. The only thing that I can do to get them move again is to take away their pistols. I seriously hope they fix this bug soon. >.<

I was playing PMC, and I noticed that the pistol bug is still very much present. Asano will draw his pistol (I can't imagine why - he has TONS of ammo for his M8 sharpshooter), and he will freeze. He will not follow commands or anything.

I am running the latest versions of everything (minus the beta patches).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround, or will I have to restart the mission.

What really baffles me is that he switched to his pistol even though he has about 6 mags for the rifle he is carrying. Does the AI automatically switch to a pistol if they are being engaged below the minimum range for a marksman weapon? It makes sense, but it is a behavior I have not seen in the AI before.

i had the same, just observed it , soldiers with pistol as second armament - freeze :(

i also have another bug (maybe i should start new topic ??)

since 1.57 i have huge ammount of friendly fire

i made myself simple mission in editor, but 3 o4 soldiers are killed by my own gunners (they not care that other team members go into direction , they fire very agressive when their own soldier approaches)

i am commanding team

and from 12 people squad enemy not killed single soldier , but my own soldiers killed them :( (city police type missions, i cleaned city from enemy and ... my own team killed half of it :/ many times restarting editor and the same result , my soldiers fire at enemy direction, my other soldier crosses fire line and is killed, another goes to fire line and killed )

Edited by vilas

2009 - oh god, this bug is so old ? :/ i just tried some polce type mission (policeman armed in MP5/Shotgun/SAKO and Glock)

impossible to play, all AI stuck and do nothing :|

from time to time i was reading people moaning that Arma is buggy, making addons i had no time to play

i played some today... AI stuck or kills each other

making addons is fun, playing in team ... not (3 members of team killed not by enemy but by own policeman, later police operators stuck and do nothing )

OFP had no such bugs :| as in OFP i was playing a lot of SP missions

Edited by vilas

i had the same, just observed it , soldiers with pistol as second armament - freeze :(

i also have another bug (maybe i should start new topic ??)

since 1.57 i have huge ammount of friendly fire

i made myself simple mission in editor, but 3 o4 soldiers are killed by my own gunners (they not care that other team members go into direction , they fire very agressive when their own soldier approaches)

i am commanding team

and from 12 people squad enemy not killed single soldier , but my own soldiers killed them :( (city police type missions, i cleaned city from enemy and ... my own team killed half of it :/ many times restarting editor and the same result , my soldiers fire at enemy direction, my other soldier crosses fire line and is killed, another goes to fire line and killed )

I a friendly fire incident similar to the one you described happen to me as well. Some units will continue to fire while swinging their weapon (in my case, it was the minigun on an Avenger) and cut everything in half with bullets as they move.

That may be worth looking into as well.

Btw, this bug still does exist .... we have 2013. I move close up to an AI, the AI switches to the handgun, and does neither fire nor move anymore.

sadly I fear it might not get fixed for OA and older ... just make sure it's in A3FT

This bug still exists in Arma 3, breaks all missions:banghead:

I'm not sure if this is still relevant, especially regarding Arma 3, but it might be.

With Arma CWA (v1.99) out for free on Steam I've installed the old game once again along with CSLA 2 mod and there was no such pistol bug until I started orginizing "Single Missions" into my own folders (otherwise the list was too long). I've found out that one should not simply you use spacebar key in the names of the folders and rather type "_" instead ("CSLA_2" for example). After that pistols worked OK again.

Hope even such a trivial post can be of any use what so ever.