Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

Anyone wants to create new RPG ?

Hi, I want to cooperate with someone who would like to learn more about scripts in Amra2. I have already my own server so I can host some missions. I found too many servers with Warfare, Evolution and Chernolife so I see no reason to host more. I want to have something really new.

At the same time I'd love to help to create new type of RPG mission for Arma2. There is list of some of my suggestions in other topics about how new RPG mission should be done to be successful of Arma2 servers. If you will like my points and you will find it logical we can create team.

----------------------

( from City Crime topic )

Hi

I like your idea about creating new RPG but I can predict that not so many people will play it. We have a good example of CityLife mod. They were making it for year and now noone plays it. The reason is -

1- they have downloadable content for the mod.

2- CityLife is the copy of Chernorus Life style mission and people prefer to play original games but not parodies.

Since people can play Chernorus Life easily on some servers they simply don't need to play any other mods!

Unfortunately your mod is going to have the same problems. I can predict it right now that people will not play it. Also, do not forget the fact that less and less people are playing arma2. Multiplayer gamers will be coming to the servers with many players and CityLife ( and your future mod ) is not this kind of places. I’m very sorry that all your work in making your mod will be for nothing.

I have another suggestion to you.

I was the one who was creating most of the logical things for Sahrani Life ( that was the first RPG mission. Chernorus Life is based on Sahrani Life ). It was my idea to create Mayors, voting system, trade ( not just sale ) and many more. Unfortunately, the developers of Chernorus Life were kids and all they wanted to do is "bam bam bam - you r dead cop", if you know what I mean. City Life mod has the same problem, it allows players just drive shitty cars around and kill other people for fun.It's simply boring to do anything else in City Life ( so and in Cherno Life ). The thing is that Arma2 IS NOT GRAND THIFT AUTO style game. There is no need to create another mod about cops and robbers and terrorists. Arma2 players have enough of it on arma servers as well as they can play the original games like GTA when they feel to play it.

My idea is to create completely new style of RPG. It's not gonna be based on "cops and robbers" style. I'm sure ot has to be for multiplayer only, it will not have downloadable content and it will be popular because no such type of mission exist in arma2 at all and different kind of players will find it fun.

The basic of my mission is - political life. Since arma2 players are mostly military style gamers we have to consider it too. So, I see it this way -

Chernorus is going to be split on two parts ( two countries ). One country is going to be pro-American and another pro-Russian. Every town will have it's own political score ( same as in Warfare small towns will have smaller score, bigger towns – bigger score ). Only rich people will be able to buy this political scores ( in this case there will be the reason to be rich ). Player who get most of political scores will become President of it's country. President can buy weapon and some resources ( from Russia or from USA ) and can attack cities of another country. Cities will not generate any resources but cities will be the place for market ( to sell trade goods ). The only way to create a rich country is the trade and taxes of its own citizens. That means that president must take care of his citizens and citizens have to do less crime to help its government. In this case the game will be logical and interesting. There is going to be political struggle inside of each country ( and rush for money ) while it might be military struggle between two countries.

In this kind of game everything is logical. There will be two big teams and they will trade each to another to be rich and it's going to be little combat missions for those who like "bam bam bam - you r dead!".

Pro-Russian and pro-American countries also can trade with Russia and USA for the special goods. For example, Russia can sell to pro-Russian country oil and it’s army ( Russian armor and choppers ), and America can sell to pro-American country some manufactory ( and American weapon ). If Chernorus countries are in peace businessman of two countries can trade goods between two countries.

Trade should be very easy. No any license needed ( this is most stupid idea ever to have different kind of license in rpg mission, since players are coming to have fun and we don’t have to restrict them. We also have to consider that players are limited in their gaming time and they must get full satisfaction playing our mission even if they have only 1 hour to play).

As I said cities are the place for market. And as more trade it has as richer the city is. So, if I just buy oil from Russia and transport it to pro-american city then I get $$$ and city is getting bigger $$$$ value. As richer city is as more profit I will get trading with it next time. Copturing trich cities might be the reason of local wars.

War shouldn't be for a long term. Not so many players coming to RPG for war. But some action can really stress up if players are too bored. War can be created only for 1 city/town per turn. If any nation get new town the war is automatically over for the next, let's say, 30 minutes. But once again, nations can live in peace and prosper in friendship. It’s all going to be up to presidents.

If you like my idea I can describe you the logical chain of this political life mission in many ways ( yes! even if it's RPG there should be logical chain of things. Otherwise it's just a chaos as it's on Chernorus Life or CityLife servers ).

------------------------------

( from CityLife topic )

the problem with Sahrani life in Arma1 was that the mission was .. pointless. I advised them a lot of good ideas and some of them they used ( governor, governor voting, chief of police, production of goods and some more ) but in general they paid too much attention on little details instead of developing mission goals so as result their mission become less popular among adult players and more kids were coming just to bomb and kill all around. Other words they destroyed their own mission.

I really hope that your mission will be different. First of all you have to pay attention on role goals. There should be goals for civ's, cops and crime. If the goal will be just kill cops and collect money to buy cars your mission will be as pointless as Sahrani Life was.

my ideas -

Goal for civs - to be elected as president of Chernarus. Only the president can control military of the island and create laws. Election can be automatic every hour. You can be elected only if u get political points. One political point is one vote of chernarus citizen OR $1 000 000 ( here u go, now citizens have the goal to be rich, collect money for political points and be nice to each another if they wanna have future support in elections ). President must have good control of army against revolutionary, so, he spends country income to buy good weapon.

Goal for cops - to be the chief of Police Department. Only the chief can see all people on the map ( except terrorists/revolutionary ). Unlike civs chief of police is elected by police points. the system very easy - if policeman killed innocent civ he gets -5 points, if policeman arrested innocent civ he gets -1 point, if policeman kills wanted civ he gets +1 point and if policeman arrests wanted civ he gets +5 points. If policeman get -10 points he goes to jail. Here you go, now policeman will not be killing all people around up to his mood. The goal is to become chief of police and you can get it faster if you will be arresting crime but not killing them! And sure u can destroy your police reputation if u will be having fun by killing innocent civs. Police cannot arrest President.

Goal for crime - now it's hard to be crime because chief of police can give his orders to his police officers to catch you any minute. So, it's better not to be a crime, but only crime money can make you rich very fast. Why you need to be rich? So to become a revolutionary!

Revolutionary - this people live in forests and fight for new government on the island. They can buy weapon from over seas only on crime money. President forces are always ready to protect President from revolutionary. If revolutionists are rich and strong enough they can declare Revolution and attack president palace to kill him. If revolutionary kills President that hi becomes new President of Chernorus!

Here you go, now we have mission logic and each player has his own goal and reason to collect money and play his own way. If you like my idea I can describe you more little details about each goal for civ, policeman, crime and revolutionary.

----------------

making mission too complicated is wrong way too! For example, I'm 100% sure that all this licenses and other crap is just waste of time, this why most of mature players never plays SL. Just imagine, coming back from work and finally get 1-2 hours to play arma2 and then all you have to do is driving car back and forward for getting licenses ... it's nonsense, only kids can allow them to spend so many time on it. And the worse thing in arma is to play with kids! So, not sure City Life should go this way.

I really advise to remove licenses and let player be able to buy anything they want any time ( if they have money ). Once again, if the mission will have role playing logic, no licenses actually needed, because if a player decides to buy a gun he has to use brain to earn money any way. The main idea is WHY a person needs his gun !? Or how to make it better for person NOT to buy his gun !

-----------------------------

( from Sahrani Life topic )

as i've noticed most of compliments because there is nothing much to do except of killing cop or earning money .. but the problem is there is nothing u can spend this money on ( except ammo i mean ). So, the logical chain breaks at the beginning cause - cops have the fun of killing and arresting but civs only idea to get more money to buy a tank and kill cops any way ...

Mayor/Judge/President adds idea to play good way so u can be elected.

But still, there should be something to spend money on ... may be real estate? There are a lot of houses and hotels so maybe u can buy house for ur self? The general purpose of the house might be to rise ur health ( in this case all hospitals kinda unnecessarily but any way, that just an idea ). I donno what else to think out but there should be something to spend money on so those who playing civs know they can play without crimes and without the only idea to kill cops. But those who joined the game to be a criminal gonna have it's fun too but probably never get elected ... if not a revolution? ))

Revolution can be done by terrorist or criminal, so it basically when criminal can buy his tank and take the power of island to his hands by killing President and putting all cops to jail, lol

So, in this case all players have the logical chain for playing –

police - protect the city from the crime

civs - be a crime or terrorist to overtake the city and became President by revolution or be very very good and rich civ so u could be elected by all other civs ( election can cost 500 000 and it's taking from ur bank account if u go for election )

president - keep the island life smooth and good

There is already a simple non downloadable and fast pased rpg game out. Its called zargabad life.

one of the groups still alive with this game type are here: http://www.tcgaming.enjin.com/

Alternatively search in your arma2 oa filter: Tactical

and it should be displayed as a server there.

Its fast paced enough that it doesnt take anyone all day to either get a nice gang or be in a nice cop car, but it isnt too inbalanced that either get too much advantage over another.

Its simple, its easy, its jump in and dont mess about with mods game.

Perhaps asking them to let you have access to the map so u can tweak it to your liking (providing you use the startup credits for those that join with their name and website for example could be the factor for persuasion?)

There is already a simple non downloadable and fast pased rpg game out. Its called zargabad life.

one of the groups still alive with this game type are here: http://www.tcgaming.enjin.com/

Alternatively search in your arma2 oa filter: Tactical

and it should be displayed as a server there.

Its fast paced enough that it doesnt take anyone all day to either get a nice gang or be in a nice cop car, but it isnt too inbalanced that either get too much advantage over another.

Its simple, its easy, its jump in and dont mess about with mods game.

Perhaps asking them to let you have access to the map so u can tweak it to your liking (providing you use the startup credits for those that join with their name and website for example could be the factor for persuasion?)

You must not have read his post on how this will work...

Ok just posted in the other new rpg topic and I gotta say I love the idea of both of these new rpg like missions. It would be nice to have faction scripted missions with this one also. Keeping each side busy with their own problems while gaining cities at the same time eventually running into each other later on. I also like the idea of cities being fought over 1 at a time if the el presidente so chooses.

I would also like to add that assasination missions should come into play depending on how the presidente plays his cards thru the playtime (evil president taking cities by force or blackmail creates a mission for the other side to end his rein of terror, or a goodie goodie president who thinks the world loves him and has no body gaurds).

I think your toughest problem is going to be balancing the play styles (besides all the scriopting knowledge needed).

Good luck:yay:

All this is is an addon request.

P.S. - Zargabad Life is a copy of Chernarus Life which is a copy of Sahrani Life. City Life is completely different from both, and has been since the start. City Life is not for immmature dm players, it requires maturity, patience, and is much more complicated.

P.S. - Zargabad Life is a copy of Chernarus Life which is a copy of Sahrani Life. City Life is completely different from both, and has been since the start. City Life is not for immmature dm players, it requires maturity, patience, and is much more complicated.

you wrong, man.

Zagreb Life not the "copy" but IT IS Cherno Life with different name and some changes. But City Life is THE COPY ( or parody ) of Cherno Life because it has the same game style which one is based on cops + robbers pointless running around the map without any logical game play. And the only reason to have money is just to buy better weapon and kill cops.

If you want to ask me - "may be you right, but people play it" I can answer you - yes, they play because they have no choice. Any other good RPG mission will be more popular compare to Cherno Life ( and I'm not even compare with absolutely not popular City Life ).

It's sad that for about 3 or 4 years since arma1 is out no one has created any good rpg mission.

I've shared my ideas above what has to be done to make good mission but I can repeat some of my points -

1- GAME LOGIC based on single or team missions or goals.

2- Money shouldn’t be the main goal of the mission, money is the tool to achieve main goal ( or missions ). ( the the main problem of Cherno Life mission is that there are no any goals and all what people do is just getting money for ... nothing ).

3- Game positions/roles has to be logically balanced. There should be at least two ways to achieve single or team missions or goals - legal and not legal. This simple fact doesn't exist in Cherno Life mission at all because it has no goals at all. Some of you can say - "well, the main reason of RPG is to let people play the way they want" and yes, it is true, but players must know what they play for! For example many of arma2 players compare CL with GTA series. In this case I want to remind to this people that GTA game play is based on many little missions and players go through it to achieve the main goal. That how any good game/mission should be created.

4- Arma2 is a military game and any mission creator has to consider that people r coming on their servers to fire their guns sometimes. Admin kids like in City Life ban this kind of people and this why they ruin their reputation. To avoid this kinda problem there should be the place for those who like to fire guns. This why the mission has to have peaciful and not peaciful game play. All players must be happy with this mission.

5- Usually gamers do not have 5 or 6 hours to play pointless missions such as Cherno Life or City Life. Sometimes they come to play just a hour or so. So, this why there should be some little missions that would be always fun to do.

6- People shouldn’t be restricted in their way of play ( no such silly things as driver license or anything else that takes time for nothing ). Players has to join and enjoy the game without loosing their time.

My political mission ideas in the first post on top is based on everything what I’ve just listed.

Edited by MaxRiga

I hope you know, City Life was around for years before Chernarus Life existed. Get your facts straight. I doubt you've even played CL, as everything you keep saying about it is false.

Also, I know the guy who started Zargabad life on its original server, its a copy of Chernarus Life, he changed plenty of things, but he copied most from Chernarus Life. He ended up shutting his server down because some jackasses from Bay City stole his mission and put it up as their own, and then some little freakin idiot kids did the same thing, so his mission/server got a bad name because they had heard that Zargabad Life had immature ban happy admins who ran around spawning crap at random. These were the imitations, not the original, which was actually a very mature server. Me and the others who played there were disappointed when he gave up fighting them.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

you know, when i saw this thread i thought he meant a new rocket propelled grenade. lul.

Me and the others who played there were disappointed when he gave up fighting them.

it's happening because the mission it self was pointless so people were trying to change it the way they like. I can say only two things about it -

1- if mission is good and popular there is no reason to change it under any other names ( warwere and evolution is the best example of good missions. Yes, it has different versions but everything is under warfare or evolution names )

2- Missions must be free to use. There are no any dramatic problems if other servers host your mission. It's even better if so. Don't forget the main idea of any mission - it's done so people can play!

No... not all missions must be free to use. My old Realism Unit had a guy who could do things with domination that could make your head spin. Custom scripts, custom intro, custom missions, etc. etc.

We did not allow anybody else to rip the mission and slap it on their server. It listed our mission maker, the intro listed the unit/unit info, and the scripts were his. Since most realism units know each other, if somebody saw another server with our unit-tagged domi on it they would either boycott it or talk to the head admin.

Yes, the players and the community make the game. That does not mean there can't be privacy, missions that others can't use, scripts that others can't use, etc. And from what I've seen and heard recently, if the players make the game then right now the game is heading down the crapper.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

No... not all missions must be free to use. My old Realism Unit had a guy who could do things with domination that could make your head spin. Custom scripts, custom intro, custom missions, etc. etc.

We did not allow anybody else to rip the mission and slap it on their server. It listed our mission maker, the intro listed the unit/unit info, and the scripts were his. Since most realism units know each other, if somebody saw another server with our unit-tagged domi on it they would either boycott it or talk to the head admin.

Yes, the players and the community make the game. That does not mean there can't be privacy, missions that others can't use, scripts that others can't use, etc. And from what I've seen and heard recently, if the players make the game then right now the game is heading down the crapper.

you must missed the whole point when warfare mission came from the original arma1 game ....

You seem to have a pretty clear-cut plan of what you want, MaxRiga. Why not make it yourself and have done with it?

who gives a damn where the other ones came from, this isnt a topic for that argument and I'm soo sick of hearing about it.

You seem to have a pretty clear-cut plan of what you want, MaxRiga. Why not make it yourself and have done with it?

Scripting takes lot of time. I just don't have time to learn all this. But I know that there are a lot of people who find scripting very interesting and learning it. So, it's more logical to coop with somebody then do everything by your self.

Basically, you want somebody who knows how to script to create an RPG style mission to your exact specifications then huh?

Scripting takes lot of time. I just don't have time to learn all this. But I know that there are a lot of people who find scripting very interesting and learning it. So, it's more logical to coop with somebody then do everything by your self.

So how is this anyway different than a request thread, since a RPG mod is base on the mission/scripts behind it?

I had an idea for a new military-style rpmod. It's kind of a cross between Chernarus Life: Ultimate, CTI & Insurgency. I posted it in the CL forums over at rp-mods.com already.

Here's an idea I been throwing around since OFP. Why doesn't someone make a military MMORPG?

Let's just use Chernarus for an example. Chernarus would be divided into 3 sectors. The northern sector is controlled by the Russians and the ChDKZ indicated by a dark red area. The southern sector is controlled by the USMC & CDF indicated by a blue area. The largest sector in the middle would be contested territory and would transition from red, blue, green or yellow depending on who controls it. Think of how the squares on the map change in Pogoman's Insurgency missions.

You could start your virtual life as a civilian in a random city or village with some basic skills. Now you have to decide what to do. Try to remain neutral and earn an honest (or dishonest) living in this war torn country. Join up with the CDF or Chedaki and fight for them. Or play as a mercenary and work for the highest bidder.

As a civilian you would be subject to the rule of whoever had control over the sector. You'd have to deal with checkpoints and random searches or your home and workplace, random bombings in the marketplace. All the terrible things that come from living in a warzone. You could offer aid to the occupying force. Providing them with food, water…information. You might have to resort to criminal activity in order to survive though. Perhaps stealing weapons or equipment from the occupying force and selling it on the black market. Selling drugs to the soldiers in some dark alley or providing a place for them to gamble their money away. Or even providing them with "entertainment" in the red light districts.

If you enlist with the CDF you could be taken and given a uniform and basic training. From a central base in the southern sector you might be sent out on missions. From boring checkpoint or guard duty, escorting a convoy or long range patrols along the border. Maybe some of these missions won't be as boring as you think, especially if you get ambushed by the Chedaki. By performing missions you could gain points to increase your skills and gain access to better equipment. As a member of the CDF you would have access to leftover soviet weapons as well as newer western equipment. You could even gain rank within the CDF and gain access to tougher missions that take you deeper into hostile territory. From recon missions to capturing an enemy base or "liberating" a village from the Chedaki.

If you choose to join up with the ChDKZ you will be taken to the northern mountains given a uniform and trained in guerrilla warfare. From there you could be sent out on missions. Gathering much needed materials and scouting the nearby villages for new recruits. You could gain credits by performing these tasks which you could use to upgrade your skills and gain access to better equipment. As a member of the Chedaki you would have access to leftover soviet equipment as well as newer russian equipment that is being smuggled into the country. But you could use any weapon you can get your hands on as long as you can find ammo for it. As you rank up within the ChDKZ they would send you out on tougher missions such as "cleansing" a local village of enemy collaborators, ambushing convoys for provisions or even assassination missions or bombings deep within enemy territory.

As a mercenary you work for the highest bidder and get paid large sums of money. You have access to whatever you can score off the black market. You could use your money to upgrade your skills and gain access to the best weapons and equipment that money can buy. One day you might be working for the West, the next day you might be working for the East. But if you do too many jobs for one side, the other won't trust you or may put a bounty on your head or just plain shoot you on sight.

If you are captured you will be stripped of your gear and thrown into a POW camp (for 15min) or you might be taken to the border in a prisoner exchange. If you die you'll lose all the gear you have on you and whatever pieces of equipment you may have taken with you and respawn back at base. The enemy could salvage the equipment you leave behind so make sure you either destroy it or bring it back in one piece. If an important piece of equipment is lost you might be sent to retrieve it.

More details…

Honestly, I was kind of hoping the map could look more like this.

http://img251.imageshack.us/g/chernaruslifeconflict.jpg/

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9724/chernaruslifeconflict.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2272/clccivsector.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7264/clclegend.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7936/clcruschdkzsector.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9687/clcuscdfsector.jpg

Sectors: As you can see the yellow sections would be civilian sectors, but they could be occupied by either the CDF or ChDKZ. The solid red sectors are firmly in the hands of the ChDKZ (with the backing of the Russians). The solid blue sectors are under the control of the CDF (with the backing of the US). The solid green area is under the protection of a UN peacekeeping force there to provide humanitarian aid.

Solid colored sectors cannot change sides, as they are firmly entrenched and have the support of the local population. But they can be attacked by individuals skilled at infiltration. Saboteurs, snipers, recon units. But generally those areas are meant to be safe zones for for low level players of each faction. If a solid colored sector comes under attack the defending team will be alerted and reinforcements will be sent to the area to secure it. The solid colored sectors are also under the protection of the US/Russia and have playable advisers that can call in artillery, air support and set up anti-air defenses.

The yellow civilian areas can be occupied by either team, turning their color either red or blue. The occupying force would need to go block by block and eliminate any enemy resistance in the town to lay claim to it completely. Of course anyone that is paying attention to the map will see the colors changing and could mount a counter attack. In order to hold the town you would need to station defenders there. If the occupying force pulls it's units out the sector will default back to civilian control.

Objectives: The object of "Chernarus Life: Conflict" would be to control as many civilian areas as possible, while defending your own areas from attack. Yes, it's like a Warfare mission, except you're RPing as the combatants and also have the option to play as a civilian should you choose to remain neutral. Though I think it would be very hard not to end up choosing a side.

Blufor/Opfor: Your objective is clear. Gain ranks by accepting (and completing) missions given to you by your commanding officer. Increase your combat skills to become a more effective soldier. Choose a specialty: AT/AA, Grenadier, Machinegunner, Medic, Crewman or Pilot. Spend your credits and gain access to advanced training and specialties such as Demolitions, Sniper, Saboteur, Recon and go on highly classified missions deep into enemy held territory. Equipment provided through your team's armory and facilities. Creating these weapons and equipment costs your team valuable credits…so you better not lose them. Make sure you're out there doing those missions so your team keeps a good source of income.

Mercs: As a hired gun your only real objective is to get rich, though some mercenaries may have ulterior motives. Thrill seeking, revenge or a general enjoyment of killing. Take missions from either side and watch the credits roll in. But be careful if you're too friendly with one side the others might not trust you. As a mercenary you have to spend your own money to buy training manuals, weapons and equipment from the black market so try to keep a balanced budget.

Civilian: As a civilian your only concern is staying alive through this conflict and trying to keep some semblance of a normal life going. You could be a farmer or factory worker and provide useful materials at the marketplace. You could be a law enforcement officer and try to keep the peace in your village. Or you could be a paid informant and spy on the other factions. Life in a warzone isn't going to be easy and you may have to resort to less reputable means of making a living. Such as bank robber, drug dealer, weapons smuggler or pimp.

AIs: Military AIs can be purchased with credits and recruited to your team if your rank is high enough to lead them. I would say no more than 6 AIs can be on your squad to avoid lagging the server. The AIs can be equipped and sent out same as they would in a Warfare simulation. Civilians AIs would function the same as workers and assist in gathering materials or performing factory labor. Hookers would work for their pimp and can be stationed in the seedier parts of town and will make income based on the number of "clients" there are in the town. Towns occupied by a large military force are likely to see a lot of this kind of business.

Bases: Each base should have the needed facilities for an ongoing war. A Barracks to rest and refresh yourself. A mess hall to get food, a latrine. Commissary to buy items and other useful things you may need in the field. Training facility. An armory to get weapons from. A motor pool and repair shop for vehicles. A place to keep POWs. Most importantly defenses. Even though you are in a reasonably secure area that doesn't mean you won't come under attack. Remember all this stuff is costing your team credits, so keep your base safe.

FOB: Players with the correct training and enough credits can set up a forward observation base out in the field comprised of some sleeping tents, campfire, ammo stores and a MASH if you've got medical training. You can respawn at this base if it's close enough.

Civilian Facilities: Civilians should find all they need in towns. A marketplace to buy and sell goods, restaurants, a bank to store their money and storage facilities to keep their valuables. They also need places to go to work. Either tilling a field with their tractor or working in one of the many factories or lumber mills across Chernarus.

Being Captured: In the unlikely event you are knocked unconscious or severely wounded and captured you will be stripped of your items and equipment and taken to a POW camp and given medical attention as needed at the cost of your captors. There you will stay for 15mins (I think 45mins is too long to be stuck in jail). After that you will be returned to your starting base. Of course you can attempt to escape, steal some weapons and try to make your way to safety…good luck with that. If your life is valuable enough and you haven't been disavowed on some classified mission you can be brough to the prisoner exchange at the UN airfield and traded back to your team.

Dieing: If you die in Chernarus Life: Conflict you lose all the items you had in your inventory and are sent back to your team's base. There you can rearm, gather a new team and receive new mission orders. The other players in the game can salvage your equipment should you drop it in the field, so try not to leave valuable pieces of equipment laying around unguarded.

I tried to put as much thought into this as I could and keep things balanced and fun. It would of course need a statsave system so all the progress you make can be saved and continued the next time you log in. I really don't know anything about scripting so I can't really do any work more than conceptualizing.

Honestly though, if BIS made a military-style mmorpg I would definitely pay-to-play it.

Edited by kage74

kage74

all u have suggested should be done for a new game, nit arma2 mission. But generally I'd love to see multifunctional RPG missions instead of what we have now.

If your not gonna do any of the work yourself then this is an addon/mod/mission request.

Im in the works of making a Military-Style Zargabad Life MP mission, complete with Afghan Police and Army whitelists for good cop players. Dont know if I'm going to give it mods yet, though. Maybe keep it with vanilla stuff so players could get hooked to it :)

If your interested in it contact me and I will see what I can do...

There is someone else working on a military RPG also.

But posting in someone else thread about something your doing is not cool.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

There is someone else working on a military RPG also.

But posting in someone else thread about something your doing is not cool.

I was talking about Kage74's post!

Edited by Double Doppler