Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

Campaign Ante Portas

Campaign Ante Portas has been updated ...

All new download links are available on the Ante Portas web page ... or in the first post.

Changes and fixes - v1.1 - 2011/01/07:

- added loading screen which is visible only when the campaign is played under A2:CO
- removed permanent setting for the stable time (setAccTime 1;) in all missions
- added scripting command "saveGame" after each important cutscene
- when the message "MISSION FAILED" appears, last saved position will be loaded (used scripting command "loadGame") or player can load any other previously saved position
- added few hints and tips in all missions (for players who don't read the briefing)
- higher altitude for the HALO jump which means more time to provide all necessary maneuvers for landing in DZ
- hidden enemy Ural during the HALO jump together with waiting NAPA units
- added few helpful markers on the Chedaky base
- when player locates primary target on the Chedaky base for the UAV, placing of its personal WPs is disabled (LMB+Shift) 
- tweaked ACM settings in the bonus mission
- added detailed information and markers for the additional tasks in the bonus mission
- removed "MISSION FAILED" message in the bonus mission, because campaign will continue also in this case
- polished english translation (thx Hurby)

thanks for the update, i got stuck in the beginning, when i was supposed to find the NAPA guys, but I didn´t get a option to interact with the warlord.

Did you find the civilians in the DZ ?

Ive just downlaoded this and will test later. If you need help with translation, my wife is Slovak and speaks perfect english, let me know.

EDIT.... i see you have polished it in changelog. cool!

can someone help please? I have infiltrated the airfield, but cannot locate the bad guy. It has taken me bloody ages to get to the indicated spot on the map without being seen, but I can't see the target. I would love a hint or two.

SD

Did you find the civilians in the DZ ?

No, not at all. I´ve searched all of the area around the DZ at an radius of little less then 1.0 km and the villages north and south of the DZ, too. I even thought about starting a giant spiral search :j:

Are they supposed to be at the meadows?

But the campaign seems very promising.

Edited by snafu2

@Soupdragon:

Do you have updated campaign?

There are some helpful markers now, where the bad guy can be. Try to find some natural elevation or just directly tower :D, and observe the base with the binocular. ID photo of the bad guy is in the briefing.

@snafu2:

The civilians are still there (in the DZ). And always in the same position.

And as the mission starts at early morning, they are sitting close to the burning campfire. So easy ...

Great to see an update, EMSI!

I'm sure that the different approach to the FAILED MISSION issue will help a lot!

Thanks for your work, I'll definitely try this again!

argh!

where the heck are the stupid NAPA guys????

searched the whole area 3 times?

this is after Halo drop at the beginning.

the notes say they are there waiting for you????

Did you find the civilians there ? :)

thanks for the update emsi, i love this campaign. great work.

Did you find the civilians there ? :)

just an empty field with a few rabbits now and then?

Look at the north-western border of the meadow - bottom left corner of the square 132 034.

The civilians are still there. And always in this position.

And as the mission starts at early morning, they are sitting close to the burning campfire.

Well after the HALO jump, during the ambush the leader get killed because he steps out on the road and his men don't open fire.

Just an alternative idea for this scenario:

- let the player arrange a car accident on this road with car/tractor

- order player to shoot the driver

- if the units disembark let them get surrounded and disarmed (cutscene)

just an empty field with a few rabbits now and then?

ok i found them lol wow are they hidden good!!!!!!!

Now I'm working on the german translation (thx Flatterman).

This release will be the same as the latest with SK/CZ/ENG strings, but only with added german strings. Voice acting will remain the same.

Expected release is 16/01/2011.

Hello EMSI,

I just finished your campaign, it's a great work!!

I'have appreciated a lot! A good ambiance, very immersive with good voices.

Choices offered to the player is interesting, and i have loved the cutscene!

Really Congratulations and Many Thanks!

Just some questions:

where can we find the proof of Spetsnatz presence? If we find it, Is the next mission or end different?

Thanks mate.

If you go to the Jennik's lodge (cutscene with mission advance selection), together with TheSniper you will be able to play a bonus mission where you can find a hidden SpecNaz camp.

Just playing your campaign, i like it so far, its very well done, especially the ambush and the sneaky mission at the airport. Now i have to reach the evac zones. altough, i have one question:

The hunt for the traitor, where you can find the grads, mass graves, trucks and the specnaz camp, ist that the bonus mission? i didnt manage to find the traitor but all other objectives are accomplished, after this one i got to escape to the evac zones. would there be more missions if i kill him? tried with reloading to ambush at 2 different roads but he didnt appear and there was barely any time left to reach a third route so i just continued...

and thanks again, really cool work, i enjoyed playing

Thanks dude.

Yes, that one mission is only the bonus - you don't need to finish all the tasks. Mission was created as some bonus to shape the overall atmosphere.

Anyway, the traitor can be easily eliminated close to the airport, because the way from the south to the airport is always different (random).

Nice campaign, dude.

Seriously though, the bonus mission is a big big challenge. I'm already frustrated with the time constraint, and I want to enjoy the mission. I would really like to do this mission, taking my time, in the dark, with a nice SD sniper rifle.

Hope you could consider it for another release.

You've got a lot going against "thesniper" including enemy helo's, random patrols, tanks and BMP's to avoid AND kill the traitor AND find the extra goodies in 60 mins.