Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Free DLC: Lingor Units for Arma 2/OA

Guys we are not all members of a squad so we can play COOP. Please make som SP missions for the people who want to play them.

We never play SP, the best tip is to Host a LAN multiplayer and play the mission by yourself.

Will that work, ie. will the other units then be filled by AI with proper skills?

Thanks, OP

DaveP: Your cartoon signature is hilarious

Thanks! One of our old members made a few of 'em

Will that work, ie. will the other units then be filled by AI with proper skills?

Thanks, OP

Sure, you can enable or disable each player on your side that have "PLAYABLE" flag in the mission. So each free slot can be set to be played by AI. If you set AI in a full slot (that you or your teammate occupy) the AI kicks in if that player disconnects and if someone new joins in he will take over the control of the character.

IceBreakr, possible problem I noticed last night while playing with ARL Lingor Rebel groups: if you play in recruit mode and you have that feature enabled whereby friendly units have a small green bubble surrounding them and hostile units have a small red bubble, there seems to be a configuration error whereby if you play as ARL Rebels on OPFOR, all other ARL Rebel units, which should be on the same team as you, also have that red bubble show up. As I was engaging in a firefight against the USMC, whose units also had the red bubble, this made for a bit of confusion.

Also can someone else check to see if this problem is reproducible? Thanks.

TacKLed: send me the mission, you have to be more specific.

It's just as simple 4 Governmental infantry units vs 5 rebel units inside a town just following waypoints. Nothing complicated.

ArmAriffic: Its like saying "I see your car is going up to 160mph but my car does only 100..." - I've had to empty he wallet to get a new GFX card, too. Luckly I got an excellent ATI 4890 for a bargain price (around 120€). That changed the A2 world like totally.

TacKLed: I've checked the LODs, no problems there. I don't see a significant CPU difference when using these and the default units. Try them on Utes, maybe your PC is too slow to use a heavy vegetation island crampled with units.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

And one more great news for the end of 2010: Due to heavy fighting with ARL rebels a Government Army of Lingor (GAL) signed a multi-million dollar deal with a French HEXAgon Company that will introduce new VBL vehicle for high mobility of GAL troops. Delivery is planned in January.

Shot (with French camo):

vbl.jpg

Excellent News IceBreakr, I know so many people who will be happy to hear that.

TacKLed: I've checked the LODs, no problems there. I don't see a significant CPU difference when using these and the default units. Try them on Utes, maybe your PC is too slow to use a heavy vegetation island crampled with units.

My PC isnt too slow since I have used other units on Lingor and no problem and it is only with these troops. I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and a 5770.

Edited by TacKLed

I have a question, I download Lingor released on Six Updater, now I would like to Lingor Units, is to install what I need to put the DLC in the same folder as the island or in a separate folder ?

thank you in advance ;)

Hexagon units!? Sweet I love Hexagon's work, I'm glad to see you are using some of their stuff.

Voodoo you can put it in same folder as island. If your having problems with mod folders just do a search and follow the instructions. If you still have problems pm me I'll walk you thru it.

Great work on island and the units. I got some vehicles you might want to use. I have full permission to work on them. I'll send you pics if you want. Again great work.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

I have read through this topic but cannot find details of classlists or weapon name for the fn2000's.

Does anyone have a link?

thanks

GH

I have read through this topic but cannot find details of classlists or weapon name for the fn2000's.

Does anyone have a link?

thanks

GH

weapons
"F2000ibr","F2000Sibr","F2000S_Ironibr","F2000S_GL_AIMibr"

ammo
"30Rnd_556x45_F2000ibr","30Rnd_556x45_F2000_Tibr","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"

GL - "1Rnd_HE_M203","FlareWhite_M203","FlareGreen_M203","FlareRed_M203","FlareYellow_M203","1Rnd_Smoke_M203","1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203","1Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203"

Excellent.

thank you as well IceBreakr for all your islands.

GH

Pretty good addon, but why my Ambient Sounds are suddenly so damn loud? Especially when I'm close to sea.

And one more great news for the end of 2010: Due to heavy fighting with ARL rebels a Government Army of Lingor (GAL) signed a multi-million dollar deal with a French HEXAgon Company that will introduce new VBL vehicle for high mobility of GAL troops. Delivery is planned in January.

]

Can you please please please concentrate on Bugfixing. I see in some months we have 500 mediocre addons but the best island for ArmA II at the moment still has all of its killer-bugs :rolleyes:

I know Im now getting sqashed by fanboys, but Ireally had to say this :D

Maybe if you would see the correct island topic you would see that I already have v1.1 with all the bugs fixed. I've decided to add a somewhat large island to it, so that might cause a bit of the delay.