Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Free DLC: Lingor Units for Arma 2/OA

The new units look great, definitely a nice addition to an amazing map :cool: the only draw back is the same "issue" I have with Isla Duala, the opposing sides don't have enough vehicles to represent armies, both sides could really use a couple more vehicles even if they are just reskins :( a couple of quick suggestions and hopefully this doesn't turn into a "that's not realistic for such a small island thread" :rolleyes:

GAL Army:

Air Transport: UH-1H(reskin)

Air Support: Mi-24 (reskin)

Wheeled Transport Vehicles: Ural's, Hmmwv's, Offroad's (reskin)

Light Armored Vehicles: BTR-70 (from RHS,need to reskin), BMD-2 (from RHS, need to reskin), M113's (reskin)

Artillery: BM-21 (reskin)

Main Battle Tanks: T72, T64 or T62 (vilas, need to reskin)

Lingor Police:

Air Transport: UH-1H (reskin)

Wheeled Tranport: Police Car (reskin), BRDM-2 (for FEA units, reskin)

Venator PMC:

Air Transport: Puma (from RKSL, need to reskin) or Superpuma (from FFAA, reskin)

Wheeled Transport: Offroad (reskin)

ARL Army:

Wheeled Transport Vehicles: Ural's(reskin), Offroads (reskin)

Artillery: BM-21 (reskin)

Light Armored Vehicles: BRDM-2 (reskin)

Main Battle Tank: T72, T64 or T62 (vilas, need to reskin)

I think the GAL is pretty much armed with US weaponry, so they wouldn't have purely russian vehicles. It should be a mix with a bit more of cold war US tech.

Only units. But I'm working on a possible campaign (If I ever feel good to release it or finish more then one mission T_T)

But I've noticed a little bug. I don't know if it's just me and the addons/mods I'm using or it's all over but it seems the Lingor units markers (Both map/Visual. You know the little colored blob that appears on the soldier when you see'm to represent who is who) is that allies are marked 'Red' while the enemy is marked 'Green' (In the map it differs depending on who spots what I guess) which can end very badly. (Like when I mistakenly used the static MG and killed my own soldiers >_> In turn ending up with me being shot at by everyone) I was wondering if this is a known bug or new bug or something conflicting on my end?

And I know it's first release ^^ But it doesn't hurt to bring up the possible bugs and help out

(Used mods/addons are ACE, ACEX, ACEX_USNavy, Taskforce 86, RH M16/HK416/Pistol pack/M14 packs, SJB SAS Addon)

Edited by SigintArmA

Thanks and good work! I going to Test it and if I find bug post it here to help you!

When the protesters throw stones it sounds like throwing grenades.

I love that the animation and how they throw stones but the damage they do is almost like a grenade.

Is it possible for the police to use batons?

Thank you for this great addon once again :bounce3:

Sound is default to throwing rock, same as BIS default one. As you probably know BIS rock "weapon" that you throw doesn't cause any damage. My addon modifies that... have you ever been hit with a heavy rock? ;) damage is not nearly equal to the grenade, but it hurts you severely if you get hit directly (as in RL). Several tests were made and I think they are pretty close to the real thing (akhmm) now.

desmondb: I currently don't have time to do reskins. Help of a talented texture-artist is appreciated.

I'm preparing several Coop/TVT missions right now.

Edited by IceBreakr

Great stuff !

Many thanks for these, the FEA Commando's look great fast roping. An old Huey for the police force would be a real treat.

feal.jpg

Edited by shark-attack

Another possible bug: there's no radio chatter for any of the new units? Accessing the radio menu does nothing and AI doesn't issue any radio-subtitled orders.

My christmas gift is finally here :)

Thank you sir :)

And happy holidays everyone :)

One glitch I noticed: The machine gunners, at gunners and medics doesn't have their editor icons set.

Officer:

icon="\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_officer_CA.paa";

AT/AA Gunner:

icon="\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_launcher_CA.paa";

Medic:

icon="\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_medic_CA.paa";

Machine gunner:

icon="\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_machinegunner_CA.paa";

Special Forces:

icon="\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_special_CA.paa";

Looks like The SEALs will be visiting Lingor after they finish their tour of duty in Duala. ;)

Thanks for providing me with top notch islands for my campaigns to take place on.

Some great stuff as usual from you.

One little request though :D anychance of a fire engine? as I'm loving the modern ambulance, security van, etc.

Just need a fire engine to complete the set even if it was just a static one.

thanx Ice - can't wait til im back from holidays to do some more mission-work. your hard work is most appreciated - hope you had gr8 xmas and a gr8 new year to come.

Lighty

Whiskey Tango:

Vilas offered me some fire vehicles like that:

244h.jpg

But we would need a full firefighting simulation to be useful: firefighting on foot, from vehicle, waterdrop from air etc. Maybe vilas can do a standalone firefighting addon instead? It would probably be too big to include with my units.

Lightspeed_aust: I've been wondering where you are mate ;) can't wait to play your missions with my squad buddies.

Whiskey Tango:

Vilas offered me some fire vehicles like that:

But we would need a full firefighting simulation to be useful: firefighting on foot, from vehicle, waterdrop from air etc. Maybe vilas can do a standalone firefighting addon instead? It would probably be too big to include with my units.

Lightspeed_aust: I've been wondering where you are mate ;) can't wait to play your missions with my squad buddies.

It would be so great....

Hello there!

Now, I do however second vasmkds question, if it is possible to get reskins of the mig21 for the vanilla factions all of them are missing a nice fighter jet, and this plane could fill the gap. Please :D

I originally planned to setup the MiG for hidden selections but i changed my mind. I wanted this aircraft to be very very specific and unique for Ice's pack.

also to be painfully honest i jsut dont like a large portion of the people around the community lately. If it is not needed for PRACS or one of my friends, i just wont do it. I have offerd alot of these addons out for cooperations but the people that beg for different versions wont get involved to help. that's that.

Wow, this mod is TERRIBLY UNPLAYABLE with just nine groups on the map. As soon I load the map, it is like a slideshow but with other mods I can have around twenty units on on the map with tank and air support raining down on everything and it is not my computer because I can play more computer extensive battles with ease.

TacKLed: send me the mission, you have to be more specific.

IceBreakr: are the units dependent on the island or can they be used standalone? (Eventually I plan on DL'ing both, I'm just curious.)

IB, thats a very sweet looking fire engine and just the ticket.

It would'nt necessarily have to extinguish fires or do anything, for me it helps make terrain feel even more life like if you see the likes of ambulances and fire trucks and the other everyday things you'd normally see in a day.

I've got to say though mate, I'm totally loving Lingor and the unit's.

Outstanding work.

Hats off to Vilas on an impressive fire engine too. :D

i like the title of this thread. lol. anyway, thanks for these units. great stuff as always icebreakr :).

IceBreakr: are the units dependent on the island or can they be used standalone? (Eventually I plan on DL'ing both, I'm just curious.)

Its standalone. All you need is the latest patch 1.57.

Binkowski: tnx mate... just finished a 4 hour long squadnight... arghh need more missions :)

Binkowski: tnx mate... just finished a 4 hour long squadnight... arghh need more missions :)

I've been working on a small 3 mission mini campaign since Lingor came out. It still needs some polish but its essentially finished, hopefully I can finish tweaking it and release it. :)

Although their format may be a bit too.. 'hardcore'/sparse (we often do the whole brief/objective/debrief out of game), I've put together the effects of a mini campaign for VCB that we're yet to play through, after I've got a couple more missions of it done I could look in to converting to a more friendly form and the like