Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Z-Fighting still present or worse?

Do you experience z-fighting in 1.57?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience z-fighting in 1.57?

• Not at all
    • Yes, always
    • Yes, when prone or close to objects

As it seems z-fighting, which appears as flickering textures in the distance, seems to be still present while prone or while close to objects.

Examples visible in the CIT ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14276

This is very well visible when flying in a chopper e.g. as gunner looking out the side.

Please state your experiences.

yes its still there, but it has been drasitcally reduced like the changelog states it doesnt state that it was removed entirely but "drastically reduced"

its most prevelant on foilage at distance and windows.

I see many issues with the smoke particles. Some particles start to flicker is some cases. I don't know if this is z-fighting or particle number problems.

What exactly is Z-fighting? I didn't really notice anything odd in the videos in the ticket.

seems all but gone for me. I do use AA and that will stop some/all movement/crawlys on the window frames. But the flickering/Zfight is gone.

What exactly is Z-fighting?

Yellow haired combatants face each other for 20 minutes talking crap about one another and managing not to actually fight at all.

It's totally unnoticeable unless I'm prone; then buildings and foliage flicker like crazy. What I found tho is that even when prone the windows on buildings don't flicker like they used to; it's mostly the trim (borders around the doors/windows) and foliage. Before the fix it seemed that the windows were the worse; but it's almost non-existent no matter what position.