Sign in to follow this  
Acecool

Crime City - RPG - WIP

68 58 224 90 is the ip, spaces should be periods.

Port 2302

Its still up. I think I have the cars on 1_30 spawning with top speed of around 500ish... :-)

Saving/Loading MP State is now in the game.

If a player connects, and is not in the "system" a new copy of the player variable set is created! If a player disconnects, and reconnects, his/her exp, money, licenses and all options will be reloaded, including guns possibly.

Otherwise, anything that needs to spawn, or be given physically to the player will happen like guns! Guns will be given to the player in the NOT BEING SENT TO JAIL block of code!

If a player disconnects to avoid jail time, they will be forced to serve in the town where they have the most time to serve, if it ends up being an allied town who also has stars for them, they will be transported there after their sentence to serve it there too (Only if player lands in neutral, because civ and terror both do not deport citizens)!

Cars that have an owner who has stayed disconnected for over 10 minutes will be free to claim ownership of after 5 minutes to all players, destroyed after 10 or if claimed!

Buildings will be destroyed and deleted after the player disconnects but the count on the player card stays! Once the player reconnects, ALL of the buildings will be "sold" and values reset to 0. They will be sold for 50ish% of what they were originally purchased for!

Going to start setting up gun stores the same way as car dealers! Spawn the guns, and put them on the wall of a shop, you walk in, choose what you want, and buy it and it will be automatically equipped - gun stores will be a 1 marker deal, with all guns spawning relative to the building that I spawn! Different types of gun dealers!

Pistol dealers, shotgun, rifle, ordinance, etc etc...

Gun store product may be spawned based on the current (real time/on change) faction of a city. Terrorists will get more AK47 type weapons, while civilian can purchase mp5s and newer guns.

I am having so much fun coding this :-P

And I will be needing more testers tomorrow/today!!! IF you are interested, pm me, or just join the server!

I am going to add respawning in soon!!!! Respawning will be based on faction! There will be a respawn marker, and then based on what cities your faction owns - you will spawn in a random one determined by the server, by setPos if need be!!!

Cant wait!

if you meant by today needing beta testers then yes i can tomorrow i gotta work so itll have to wait

Just a quick update!

I have added in a Player Information action and formatted it nicely (I hope)...

I have added onto the Player Variables list.

I scattered money around the spawn area to test saving/reloading of variables for players and IT WORKS!!! Pick up money and you are $500 richer, this will be part of the scavengerHunt/treasureHunt where you find random treasure around the map.

Once you pick up the money, the pile of cash is gone (into your pocket of course)...

Dedicated server is up if you guys want to connect, pick up some money, disconnect, reconnect and add more money and see how cool it is to keep your money that you worked for saved :-) - I might move the saving system to flatfile if possible later on.

Treasure hunting is now in the game!

"treasure objects" spawn around the map in marked locations (invisible to player), there is a 5% chance to spawn treasure at that location every 10 minutes! If treasure already exists at that point, new treasure will NOT spawn!!!

This will be a nice way for people to make money, that know the locations!

And I will be putting treasure markers in fun locations too!!!

I will have this version uploaded within the next hour on my server!!! Use the player information to see how much money you have, try disconnecting and reconnecting to see it save and reload it :-)

Current treasure is this:

Piles of money are worth 250

Dog tags are worth 50

Laptop is 599

Radio is 15

Sat phone 399

video projector is 125

suitcase is 1000

small tv is 45

Edited by Acecool

Treasure finder helper arrow is coded. If no one picks up treasure in 5 minutes, a helper arrow is spawned way up in the sky! It flies down towards the treasure, then bounces up and down and spins. Once someone picks up the treasure, the arrow flies back into the sky :-)

just a quick question - why u r so sure ur mission will be ever popular? Don't u see people don't need it? May be it's good time to think to change ur "mission creation strategy" and try to create different/new type of missions?

P.S. hope to see ur mission under arma2 so to try it without installing OA.

For fucks sake man, stop trying to get people to create your dream RPG mission. FFS

@Ace

Maybe try a bulletin board style system that pops up a hint message? Seems better than a floating arrow but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

For the love of God Maxie please don't visit these forums ever again. In all your post not once have you said anything positive about someones hard work or idea. If your so positive you ideas are the end all be all of the Arma world YOU DO IT. Stop bashing others when you have not contributed not one useful thing to this community.

Oops forgot about your attempt to get your idea of the ground. Not one person was willing to help with your GREAT vision of a mission that only you have in your head.

Learn the tools and the scripts and prove me wrong. Ill hold my left hand out and wait for your mission and the right one will be for bird droppings. We all know which one will be filled first.

Sirens are in game - if I dont want to setPlayer the player to a police uniform - they can become civilian/undercover police!!!

Sirens sync across all clients that are within range to hear it!

Siren priority can be high (intersection clearing very fast) or low (wail), and these both sync as well!

Going to work on attaching lights to the undercover vehicles which are spawned as well!

Trying to keep it as vanilla as possible - I might remove the 3d text from vehicles pointing out "free" cars, due to the 3d text disappearing after hours of gameplay.

Changed treasure system a little bit: Treasure helper arrow shows up right after treasure spawns, 5% chance every 3 minutes for treasure to spawn in 1 of many random locations inside the treasure zone!

Working on a damage handler to allow people to live longer to have more drawn out hollywood style shootouts with the police! And of course rdm is not tolerated, and the jail system will take care of repeat offenders, getting more and more cruel (to the point of being jailed until mission restarts if they get enough points because Civilians do death penalty if you have over certain amount of jail time, and terrorists randomly bring you into a room and slit your throat, and if you die while having points, you get to go back to jail :-) )

Neutral is the only one that doesnt have a death penalty, so you serve a max of 10 minutes in their jails, but they are allied with terrorists and civilian, so after you server your time, if you have time in either of those - neutral hands you over :-P

Police ai get harder for criminals the more stars they have, ultimately with them sending military attack choppers after you to hunt you down! I am thinking about writing a nice take-down script if that happens. Player can try to run, but cops will be all over and it will be almost impossible - doable if you are good and well armed, but yeah :-)

Does anyone remember those cops/serial killer missions in ofp, That type of gameplay will be a sub mission/quest/option to do as terrorist.

Only thing for sirens - I need to make it abruptly stop the sound played by the unit when conditions are met - otherwise the low priority can go on for 5 seconds, high for 4 seconds after conditions met.

Sirens can also be attached/detached with 2 lines of code so ai sirens wont be difficult :-)

Oh, and a big thing I hate about some games - they do not handle SELF DEFENSE!!!!

Self defense will be weird to handle, but it will show who damaged who first, how much, if it was a weapon, determine if intentional, if so give go ahead to engage and kill attacker!

That will be in place to prevent rdming, also in place will be scripted crimes!!! So if you want to rob someone in the street, you would be able to with a dialogue situation, etc. So there would really be no excuse for people of the same factions or allied factions to kill eachother, just take down the enemy!!! so there will be some CTI in there as well...

Edited by Acecool

Man, I see your strong passion into this mission. If you will handle to launch it based on Arma2 you can count on me as beta tester!

Sirens now fade properly, distance is set at 100 meters with db-20 fading perfectly at that distance!

Slight bug where sirens are played per car basis, if 2 close by have it, siren is heard from 1 and then the other - working on it. Might solve by causing the script to create listeners for each vehicle in range to run the sounds simultaneously - and I could add on to the framework to add stolen car notifications etc...

And second issue is when the siren is in the loop - and you get out or turn it off, it waits until the end of that say3d until it shuts it off. Going to attachTo an invisible helipad and use that to emit the sound. When certain conditions are met to DISABLE the noise, deletevehicle!

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Sirens now play properly for all units in the vicinity - not going to bother with creating an invis helipad to turn the siren off that quick.

Hmm, should I put whores in next?

)rStrangelove;1836260']I want to rob gasstations or hack accounts on ATMs. Put that in. :D

No! WHORES FIRST! pimpin ho's sellin dro's aint easy you no's:butbut:

Well, siren lights are in, but lights only work at night :-(

So, I need to find a setColor command to spawn a prop, and change the color... Like one of the helper objects..

Just a quick update, I havent had too much time to work on this due to school work.

Sirens are going to be changed from lights, to the object that exists in the game mounted to the top of the car when activated for all people to simulate civilian cops using the light/magnet they stick on the roof lol.

Then I will work on working women!

I am also receiving comments from one individual in my PM box saying all of my work is for nothing, and it will never be popular!

I have spoken with people in-game that have told me they have a huge interest to play it when its ready! So thank you for your concerns, but this is also going to be used as my resume, so the work is not for nothing!

What losers are saying that ? Name them on this forum !

Small minded dicks is what they are.

Keep going mate ..... Crime City will be good !

(For the name of the person PMing him. I'd take a look at prior posts and take a guess)

Haha, hope it's coming along good! Hope it's not too much work getting those scripts done and such ^^ Haha, woot woot ya man!

I can assure you the work wont go un noticed. We have plenty of Arma players who welcome new things / missions.

Just the saving your progress alone ( even tho its the hacked non sql way) is a major selling point for most armarpg players.

Keep up the good work!

I don't really need to call out the name. The coding is coming along very easily now that I have all of the backbone done!

Client/Server side communicates everything I need it to, and building on top of the infrastructure doesn't take much.

It is a way I develop, backbone, then features, test features until bug free, move on...

That way you see the game-mode being created, each feature at a time.

For the SQL, only the server needs the dll file right? If so, I could set that up, but then I would have to make it harder to earn money so its not all 100% unlocked in 1 day :-P

But the quests should be the major selling point as they give exp, and exp gives you money quicker, and education gives a multiplier to pay which is one of the best ways to start out. When I add the bank, I may add loans with high percentages, and bankruptcy, etc. And loan sharks, that will hunt you down if you don't pay them back as part of the terrorist town, or something.

But yeah, doing a lot of calculus in school, learning graph theory etc etc... But I will start working more on this, try to get at least an hour in a day...

Honestly I have no clue how to implement sql into an arma server. I don't beleive its possible without some serious toying with the engine. I may be mistaken tho.

This weekend I will have some free time and will get working women in-game after finishing police lights that get attached from existing objects in the game.

Siren lights now using: Red_Light_Blinking_EP1

Pro: Visible during daytime, could attach a light source to it

Con: Can't speed it up?

Attach and unattach properly to the VWGolf, may add other vehicle cases in, but for now it will be the car of choice for cops. Top speed will be set at 127-140mph, just like real cop cars.

Changed it so if you enable the sirens, the lights enable automatically. Defeats purpose to use a siren without a light right?

Going to add a place to buy working women!

Siren lights now using: Red_Light_Blinking_EP1

Pro: Visible during daytime, could attach a light source to it

Con: Can't speed it up?

Attach and unattach properly to the VWGolf, may add other vehicle cases in, but for now it will be the car of choice for cops. Top speed will be set at 127-140mph, just like real cop cars.

Changed it so if you enable the sirens, the lights enable automatically. Defeats purpose to use a siren without a light right?

Going to add a place to buy working women!

Volkswagen golf for cops? aww... Why not the SUV? Or Chernarussian police car? :)