Sign in to follow this  
Acecool

Crime City - RPG - WIP

All this sounds really nice,hope you keep it single play too.

After so many battles in A2 I always try to make some rpg missions with civvies for a nice change but end up with nothing.

Its going to be multiplayer, but there will be so many events I think it will stop the bs shooting. And the AI cops will be tough on RDMers so :-)

That was the good thing from my mission in OFP - if someone killed another civilian for no reason, he got 1 star penalty per time he shoots the guy, and when he killed the guy it adds another 5 to the star penalty. If it was played right, you would be at 8 stars which meant the choppers would hunt you down, and then you spent 8 minutes in jail :-P

The Arma 1 cop car I did try, I could open the doors and all, but I could not drive it :-(

And American law enforcement is good, but the radio is annoying as hell, the siren doesnt cut off when you want it to, you have to wait for it to loop through which takes like a minute, and the light animations are not quite there, and you get an epileptic seizure car when you turn the lights on at night - nothing like being in a real cop car. Oh and he wants him to be informed if you even use it in your OFP installation folder - nah...

I want to go freely, get mods that I like, add them to the Crime City addons folder, and add a credit line to the readme.. Done!

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I added another feature to the turbo function. If you boost spike (1psi or more over) there is a 10% chance you will blow your motor and your turbo every 4 seconds. You will also hear an alert if it blows, or a chime warning you as well as a text warning near the boost hintbox

I have a caprice that I can give to you. As long as you give credit to original maker it won't be problem. You can make a version for the map and a generic version for others to play with. For the random stuff I was kicking around the idea of a cop n civ module. Like the specop module it would randomly spawn and give out missions to players. I'm still experimenting with modules but if I can get it worked out I will let you know.

As for the argument stuff, that would imply the other person has a valid point. We all know by now who doesn't.

Ok sounds good.

Hey everyone, great new idea for mappers and porting the game-mode to different maps.

I was thinking about doing this for one of the missions I am coding where you steal items available ALL THE TIME, valuables would spawn inside a marker location and you would steal them and have to get 500 meters away on foot to win the game.

I like this idea so much, so instead of having to place npcs, or whatever all over the map. Why not code the game-mode to do it for me?

I am going to place some markers in a mission, with varying sizes, and based on those sizes it will spawn one or MORE npcs in that area that move around freely in that area!!!

Shop owner walking around his shop is normal, maybe have them go to the nearest bed to sleep...

I love this idea, each side doing their own scripted missions with occasional run ins with each other. I think thats whats the problem with the other rpg servers out there, they are too reliant on the players themselves to make the missions work, while this one will keep each faction busy on their own.

Sorta like Armex (which no one plays i think due to lack of understanding) but with a rpg kick.

I am thinking about allowing factions to control cities too.. Terrorists own a city, terrorist ai spawn in city and shoot at anyone that comes near. Once everyone who owns a city is killed then it is assigned a new owner.

Owner of territory can be either Blue for government, Red for terrorist, or nothing for independent or not captured.

So a type of military force could be present along with the Civilians, and civilians could pick up arms against terrorists :-)

Kind of like the story in OFP: Resistance!

Another great idea because on the first page there are cops that look different!!!

Terrorist cops to prevent rdming among terrorists!! Cops will go by factions, and factions can be hostile towards one another. If a civilian cop goes near a terrorist town (which they avoid - so if you are a criminal running from the law, run into a terrorist town and the terrorist cops will engage enemy which would take higher precedence than chasing a criminal) You will have criminal ratings per faction. Factions share ratings if they are friendly with one another. If you have 10 stars in the civilian faction, and 10 in government faction - both are working together so if caught in EITHER faction, serve 10 stars in x faction, after time served you are handed directly over to the next faction. So in a sense, you will be in the prison system. Now there could be crooks allied with government who are also allied with terrorist. So if you got stars in all of them, you could potentially be handed down the chain and end up in a terrorist prison.

Possibilities: Civilian, Civilian Government, Neutral, Terrorist

Faction Members gain criminal rating:

[*]From the faction they steal from, regardless! (3 points)

[*]From the faction of the member they injure (1 point)

[*]From the faction government of the member they have killed (3 points + injured points!!)

[*]From the faction government of the location of a witnessed drug trafficking (variable points. 1 for small, up to 10 for large shipments) (Note: This is not prosecuted in terrorist towns - frowned upon in Neutral towns (1/4) the stars so small amounts are swept under the carpet, and larger amounts get you a small amount of time behind bars or a fine )

Maximum serve time is 10 minutes from 10 stars per faction, even though you can gain more stars than 10. If you keep escaping from jail they will keep pursuing you until they catch you enough to serve all of your stars. Or you can serve the maximum time and have ALL stars cleared for that faction.

Alternatively you can pay a bribe. You have to visit some judge in some private location. price is based on stars. if you have 200, you will be paying a LOT, might be easier to serve 10 minutes...

Civilians doing good against terrorists are rewarded on civ side, punished on terrorist side (sort of a ranking system, but much easier)

Terrorists doing "good" against civilians are also rewarded on T side, punished on civilian side.

Civlians steal from civilian, gain civilian infamy. Easy :-) Simple rules.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Should I add this?

If you die, all stars are reset! However, all of your assets will be used to pay them off. Homes, money in bank, cash in pocket, inventory. Once payed off, when you respawn as "next of kin" or whatever, you inherit whatever is left. Im debating on debt or not. With debt it could stop any possible rdms which is also what I am shooting for. Instead of robbing by running up and shooting. You run up with a gun behind him and while looking at his back choose rob. Dialogue will proceed, if victim has a gun he can choose in dialog to attempt to shoot the person who robs. Server diceroll decides who dies. Odds are on the side of the victim because every action (robber with gun) has a reaction that is quicker (victim pulling gun and shooting robber) It could go deeper but I like this level for the game. 60% chance the victim kills the robber, 40% the robber kills the victim. Whoever wins gets loot from the other. If the victim wins a police report is automatically made and they will clean up the body by way of it sinking over time. If the robber wins, infamy is gained and cops are called to the scene, whichever officer accepts the task, gets the waypoint, and drives out to you gives you time to flee. Minigame ensues where police actively track the robber with ALL cops getting a waypoint of where the robber was 2 minutes ago.

Higher level of criminal bars would lessen that time to 15 seconds!! and you can only be pursued in faction held towns and up to 2000m away from them. Something that would cancel that would be if a non-allied faction town was in the way which they arent allowed through.

Oh, and you can only rob someone once every 10 minutes. You can not rob someone if they have an unholstered gun or knife unless you have a gun. If someone has been robbed, they also can not be robbed for 10 minutes and they can not rob anyone either.

And instead of kill, shoot and cripple and the loser will give up loot... Make sure health is 100% for encounter!

What does everyone think of these ideas?

Edited by Acecool

All these are great ideas. But putting them in practice is another. Might want to start with the basics then expand on it later.

Sounds fantastic. I would however say 60% in favor of the robber, and 40% for the victim or lower, because the robber is ready to shoot, and seeing the civilian fumbling for his holster would definitely make him shoot first.

Also, knives? Really?

Woot, I have the map setting up itself!!

Positions marked as follows:

ccSetup_______ for 1 time use spawns of buildings, cars, random stuff. Buildings will have repair script attached, while cars will not - they will have the free car script (which limits the speed to 60ish) just to give everyone cars right at the start!!

I will have to put the civilians in the game I believe, but I am having the server do as much as possible as for setting up and maintaining the game-mode.

There is a civilian spawn module that might help you with this. It also spawn civi vehicles that drive around randomly. I'll post a link if you want once I get home from work.

Been working in the debug panel of my game-mode (just a place to code and debug).

I have made things spawn at markers, based on what the marker name was, all automatic.

I am going to do a lot of stuff this way. If you want to buy a car, you will have to go to a car lot, look at the cars, and decide which one you want to drive off of the lot!!! The game-mode will automatically respawn the car you bought when you take ownership. It will respawn in the car lot somewhere.

Anyway, quick question to make for shorter loops and setup times. I allow x number of markers per task.

ccSetupCar_(0-999) - This marker spawns a disposable car - top speed is 60, everyone can drive it, it will automatically respawn if it gets destroyed, or if no one drives it for 2 minutes.

ccSetupCarDealer_(0-999) - This marker spawns a car dealership lot. There will be an array of ALL vehicles that will spawn here, and all purchasable vehicles will be respawned once someone buys them and drives it off the lot. There will be an official looking building, and an npc, as well as the text for the marker being an ICON for the car lot.

Note: Each different type of business has their own icon.

ATM = Green $

Bank = Green B - all banks have an atm, an npc that will deposit or withdraw money for you, an npc to talk to you about credit cards, life insurance, etc... And of course, something where you can rob it.

Car Dealer = ?

Motorcycles = ?

Boats = Blue B?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Alright so the skeleton of the easy map making function is done!

I can add new marker names, and procedures for each of them to spawn whatever I want. From 1 thing to a series of things!

I will upload a video tomorrow showing it spawning cars, and other stuff. :-)

Edited by Acecool

setup function is almost done.

New functions to detect nearestRoad, and to pointToNearestRoad

Buildings spawn correctly, car dealers etc. Actions added properly if needed. Turbo gets added correctly as well if needed.

I can set up the dealers anyway I want it. I might make it so you can surround your dealership layours, etc in another marker.. ccSurroundCarDealer - if this is detected, then it uses that as the layout for your dealership, relative to the nearest road of course. Get size of marker, x, y position, and all markers within those boundaries... hmmmmm. Base functionality before easier map porting.

Even though placing the markers and having everything else done for you is friggin fantastic!

Ok, I will be adding City markers!!!

ccSetupCivilianCity -

ccSetupNeutralCity - Can set a few as neutral - CAN NOT TAKE OVER NEUTRAL CITY!! Neutral has no military and is allied with both Civ and Ter, therefore no enemies!

ccSetupTerroristCity - SAME AS CIV - Can create 1 or more. If civ or ter destroys the LAST city, then civilians/terrorists can move to neutral cities to live, or can re-take the enemy cities without help from military in order to re-establish their grasp on the map.

Im thinking you can go to a consulate to switch your "faction" and these buildings will be in neutral towns - to avoid any altercations with locals :-)

Unsure about spawning. I may just have everyone spawn in neutral cities.

Locking/Unlocking/Claiming Ownership of vehicles is now in game. Alpha server is up, need help testing! Weather seems to cycle properly.

Buying cars off the car lot works now :-)

Instead of driving that particular car off, a new one is generated and put on the road for you and you are put in the driver seat and the doors lock :-P

Its awesome, anything thats spawned with the setup map script can be duplicated by the player, and own it !!!!

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Server is being left up, if you join, play the Crime City Alpha 1_26

You can claim ownership on vehicles, and those vehicles have a turbo for testing purposes with a top speed of 180 in the Red VWGolf.

You can lock/unlock doors and they work online.

meMarker works perfectly now.

-=[RPG]=- CrimeCity Alpha Server - No password, join and tell me what you think!!

I hope you will be able to create the same mission for chernorus, so most of arma players can play it ( not for arma2OA, but just arma2 and without any downladable content ). Please, consider that less and less gamers play arma2 those days and it would be logical to make multiplayer missions easy to reach for most of players!

Looking forward to play it on Chernorus based on Arma2.

That is actually the map I am using now. I have stopped using mods!!!!!!

I am now developing on Combined Operations though in order to have access to a few extra scripting commands and more online players.

If you want to try it, connect to the server MaxRiga, I am running a CO server -=[RPG]=- CrimeCity Alpha at this moment!

Only things required are Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead for the 3d text and other commands soon possibly..

Only things required are Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead for the 3d text and other commands soon possibly..
I hope you will be able to create the same mission for chernorus, so most of arma players can play it ( not for arma2OA, but just arma2 and without any downladable content ).

I have uninstalled OA and I do not have disc to install it atm. I'm used to play Cherno warfare and I don't need AO for playing this ( I found Takistan extremely boring map, but it just personal opinion ). I know that most of arma2 gamers play Cherno Life mission ( I see it right now ) and I can see there are up tp 20 players some evenings.

Too bad he's not making it just for you Max. :j:

OT: Once I get internet out here in the boonies ill see about testing. So far it sounds pretty damn good.

How do you think you'll go about creating a "weapons acquisition system"? (AKA Ammunation) :)

y2k_strongest_ad.jpg

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Ill add a few if statements so if you do not have the OA functions/content it can still be run without it!

I was devving it on just arma2 for the first bit, so the only OA thing right now is the 3d text

Crime City needs to be Combined Operations .... those that don't have either OA or A2 then need to stump up the cash for them !

Will seek out the server to have a look Acecool.

If you want to try it, connect to the server MaxRiga, I am running a CO server -=[RPG]=- CrimeCity Alpha at this moment!

I haven't found such server under arma2