Sign in to follow this  
VonBarb

TexView 2 woes...

Maybe something to do with .....

"setup will install newer C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) (update from year 2008)"

Possible but I can open a converted tga in textview2 np so its got to be Gimp.

Directly after converting to .tga from .paa can you open this .tga in TexView2?

Yes I can, but the problem is when I open that Tga with Gimp2 to make an edit then save it, then reopen with Textview2 it wont open the tga after.

Why would you need to convert the .tga to .jpg? Can't Gimp modify .tga?

Cuz I cant figure out how to center my pic in gimp2, and i can in windows paint and windows paint wont open tga.

This is unclear. So, you're trying to open the modified .jpg in TexView2 or the modified .tga?

A modified tga.

So, if after converting from .paa to .tga if you can immediately open this .tga in TexView2 and then later once you save a modified .tga from Gimp you

can no longer open this .tga then I'd suggest it's a problem with Gimp. At a guess. Could be completely of the mark there.

Thats it, got to be something with Gimp2,, it be easier if you could just make the edits in textview2 but it dont do that, as far as I can tell.

I dont know of any other way to make a small edit and then convert to paa, all im trying to do is update my loading screens for 2 mods I built with a version number of the mod.

This paa conversion is making a simple 2 min edit into an hour project, does anyone have photoshop that can make 2 edits

for me cuz unless theres a fix or alternative then im pretty much SOL at this point as far as i know.

Cuz I cant figure out how to center my pic in gimp2, and i can in windows paint and windows paint wont open tga.

You should be able to do a google search for 'how to center my image in Gimp'. I just did a search and it appeared to come up with some useful info.

I just downloaded Gimp 2.8.2. Opened a .tga converted from .paa by TexView2. Exported as a .tga as another filename and specified...

RLE Compression = OFF

Origin = Bottom Left

... It opens in TexView2 fine.

-Sy

I don't know if this helps anybody, but I found I had a problem with a PAA texture not showing up when used with setObjectTexture. The texture had an alpha channel, so I didn't want to use jpeg. Turned out that I had to name it "something_ca.paa"; otherwise it would show up as randomly white or not present at all.

I thought I'd share this, it might be an issue for others.

Gah!

I've taken my image from JPG to TGA to PAA. It shows up fine on a flag on my local client (the host), but when I connect another client, it gets an error ("Cannot load texture") and can't see the flag. Is that indicative of anything particular that I can do to fix it?

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Gnat;2255513']?

Client doesnt have the same addon loaded ..... ?

No, it's not an add-on, just a textured flag, with the texture file loaded into the mission pbo. I've done it with other flag textures and it has worked, but that was a couple years ago. :(