Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Hacking is getting worse

Things i would like to see are

1. Remove player ids and have guid's only. Seems alot still id ban

2. Remove the server admin commands from ingame and use Rcon only

3. A console that logs all executed client scripts that get sent to server that can be viewed in logs. Mainly for those who dont have dedicated servers and unable to install 3rd party sniffers

4. A global ban system like punkbuster so if a memory hack is detected on 1 server then they banned from all

1. Yes. true. alot of server admins doesnt want to use rcon.

forcing admins to use guid's instead of id would be a good thingy.

2. totaly agree. but i would rather like to see rcon integrated into the system instead of having a 3rd party app running.

3. agree again

4. i already have made such a system that uses a beclient with mysql support and a web interface to control it all with. its all written in python so cross plattform is dueble.

im not going into depth about it sicne i would have to write atleast 5 pages to describe its fully functionallity.

sadly i can not release the programe at the current beta state it is in. altho its verry much working. and been tested out with a few minor bugs here & there.

the problem isnt really to catch hackers/cheaters. we can do that by using a network packet capture application. aka wireshark. and compare logs.

the problem is catching them in the act.

sure you may be able to ban them. but only after they have done dammage.

what we need is some sort of virtuel nic routed form your physical nic, this would allow us to pick up harmfull script commands and block them before they reach the server. this is verry much technical stuff but not impossible.

btw. happy new year to you all.

Well I've password locked my teams server. I figure we're a small team and just don't need the hassle of dealing with jerks. It would be great if there was a solid way to ban hackers and a trusted 'hacker list' was provided somewhere that all server admins could use but I guess that isn't likely to happen.

While my team has always tried to be welcoming to newcomers and invite them to join us in missions, I just don't feel like bothering with immature idiots who only want to ruin our experience. I also figure this is due to it being school holidays and Arma2OA being on sale at Steam...so this combination leads to losers 'hacking' our games. I hope this will soon pass and it will be back to business as usual for all of us.

Happy New Year all.

As I said, Serf, that only gives the cheaters what they want...

But it's your server.

I agree with you zipper, but frankly my and my units time is better spent doing missions or training without having people show up who just want to ruin it for us. Most likely they'll soon get tired and/or banned enough to quit, but til then we're going on lockdown.

If folks want to game with us, they come on our TS (which we log the IP from) and then get the pass to our server. If they are 'hackers' then I'll IP Ban them. I figure that's the surest way to end this BS.

As to Doolittle (he's from my Unit) he's taking a break from Arma scripting and playing Lord of the Rings Online and working at his new job so sadly I don't think he's going to show up with another Dooacs soon.

Thought it would never happen to me :mad:

*Signed in as Admin

*Got kicked to MP screen, to find server had been locked behind me

Went Remote Desktop to shut server down on 28 players, to see that a player had logged in as Admin the second i got booted.

This person joined with no visable @addons server is set with VSigs.

The public server defense against this is ?

Nothing.

Any security system will in time be bypassed.

Someone said its school holidays and OA is on sale... it will cool down.

Mostly, stop posting shit about it (ffs), its like trying to starve a lion while feeding it a fresh gazelle every night

Edited by 76

Someone said its school holidays and OA is on sale... it will cool down.

Mostly, stop posting shit about it (ffs), its like trying to starve a lion while feeding it a fresh gazelle every night

Well, we can agree on that.

cheat1.jpg

Gnat;1825730']Well' date=' we can agree on that.

[center']cheat1.jpg[/center]

:rthumb:

As a server admin I can say with a high degree of certainty that the best deterrant to hackers would be the ability to do a pin-point geographical trace on the offender's IP address.

One thing is the script-kiddie thing going on - if there just was a descent server.log to show who is doing what.

As a server admin I can say with a high degree of certainty that the best deterrant to hackers would be the ability to do a pin-point geographical trace on the offender's IP address.

Hmm Funny you should say that...

Gnat;1825730']Well' date=' we can agree on that.

[center']cheat1.jpg[/center]

+1 ROFL

Kind Regards walker

Thought it would never happen to me :mad:

*Signed in as Admin

*Got kicked to MP screen, to find server had been locked behind me

Went Remote Desktop to shut server down on 28 players, to see that a player had logged in as Admin the second i got booted.

This person joined with no visable @addons server is set with VSigs.

The public server defense against this is ?

switch to pb

switch to pb

it has nothing to do with battleye, its arma itself that has security issues.

switching to punkbuster will not help,

try use arma2oaserver.exe from beta build 77007 :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112711

Think ill wait till out of beta as yellow icon will apear, and no players will join and cheaters do not join servers with no players anyway. But sooo nice to see it in the Beta and really looking forward to 1.58 :)

Hmmm out of curiousity,,, I just used the new Beta server exe, with the 1.57 patch..(beta NOT installed) just copied it out of the beta folder and sent to server ))server works fine, green icon and all.... does that mean we still get the Benefit of the new server exe ?

As to Doolittle (he's from my Unit) he's taking a break from Arma scripting and playing Lord of the Rings Online and working at his new job so sadly I don't think he's going to show up with another Dooacs soon.

Serf asked me to help, so I dug up the ol' Arma2 script manual and came up with DooACS for Arma2.. the same day they release a beta patch.. doh.

Changes to serverCommand will only address the worst of it (server shutdowns, admin banning etc.), AFAIK signature checks are still being bypassed and there's still a great need for tools that identify specific scripts and mods used to exploit.

Dorph;1827884']...cheaters do not join servers with no players anyway.

Actually sometimes they do if they think there is an anti-cheat running of some sort on a given server. They test to see if their cheats can circumvent any countermeasure that may be in place.

Please do some thing about this BIS. I have seen hackers every day for the past 4 days.

Please do some thing about this BIS. I have seen hackers every day for the past 4 days.

They are - Try use latest beta or wait for 1.58

Nice. Good to hear, felt as though we where slipping back to the bad old days of Arma1 mulitplay.

O/T: I have to ask.. what is your avatar picture? I know its a troll, but it seems so damn familiar, however I cant place it. Almost like an image I saw in a child's book when I was young. However it looks like it may be computer generated so its probably not.

Edited by -=seany=-

I found this inside of: *ip*/profiles/users/system/ARMA2PROFILE.ArmA2Profile

activeKeys[]=
{
[b]"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty1",[/b]
"BIS_SOM_INFO_HINT_1",
"BIS_SOM_INFO_HINT_2"
};

It was inside of my server files. Just a joke or it's message from that hacker who was ruining my server?