1. 1. Community Opinion on DLC suggestions

• USMC 2010
    • US Army Land Warrior
    • BIS PLA
    • Insurgent Faction
    • Nogovan Union Armed Forces
    • Russian Army 2010

2010 Russian army could be great :)

Like others said, better Opfor stuff please.

Voted for insurgents because I doubt much that BIS will ever be able to represent actual and accurate TO&E of some real army.

should be a 75th ranger regiment DLC moving through the mountains of takistan

oh what a dlc army soldiers with a 75th rnager patch on arm..........:rolleyes:

little more realistic dudes

I think the concensus is, that if BIS is to give a new DLC, it should be something that isn't easily doable by the average modder. New units and skins are easily done by modders, however, game engine modifications and the like are not.

I think the concensus is, that if BIS is to give a new DLC, it should be something that isn't easily doable by the average modder. New units and skins are easily done by modders, however, game engine modifications and the like are not.

I concur. I added engine improvements to my suggestions, because I think those are essential in driving Arma 2s development forward. Anything that is difficult to do in a mod, essentially.

I also hope that BI folks will also give their opinion on how this poll developed, as I think even though relatively few people voted, there is a trend evident already towards wanting a new or improved OPFOR faction in the community.

Ehh, who needs new OPFOR. They're just silhouettes on the horizon to fire my M4 at, who cares what they look like :p

*runs and hides*

I want realistic Russian army! Please make a patch, what replaces this unrealistic russian army! The flora camouflage is realistic, but the AK-107s...:S they dont use the AK-107 variants. They have AK-74M-s.

Edited by Mark1028

i, like many others that i know, avoid servers that use dlc content simply because we don't have dlc and the lite version textures are too ugly.

Dlc is not a solution for mp addon problems at all.

Xeno

t h i s ! ! !

A Russian Army Campaign (aka "Red-Hammer" for OFP) incl. new equipment, was agreat idea. :D

A Russian Army Campaign (aka "Red-Hammer" for OFP) incl. new equipment, was agreat idea. :D

Weellll...why dont you play RedHammer then ? ? ? afaik it brings loads of stuff

:(

Insurgents and an up-to-date Russian Army, wish i had two choices :D But hell yes, if the AI is capable of performing "Army of God" behavior as laid out in the first post, that would be a killer addition to the game in both SP and MP

Weellll...why dont you play RedHammer then ? ? ? afaik it brings loads of stuff

I mean whit this a completely new Russian Story and not the Original "Red-Hammer" Campaign. FPDR

Whit New Vehicles, Modern Units, ect.

That is a damn great idea. Russian campaign, maybe on that new woodland island we saw a few small snapshots of.

New opfor !!

Arma 2 --> forest and woods

OA --> Desert and sand

Next :) --> Tropical island ?? Artic environment ??

Next may be ?_country regular forces Vs ?_country rebels ...

or ... Artic expedition of Russian army Vs a guerrilla force ...

I mean whit this a completely new Russian Story and not the Original "Red-Hammer" Campaign. FPDR

Whit New Vehicles, Modern Units, ect.

Just to get the next faceplam for my collection ^^

How many new Vehicles, Weaponsystems are there for the RedArmy (and pls no modernized T34/85, T72, or whichever the russians seems to evolve continuously as any army in the world do) ?

Su37 is the only one i know of.

But i guess there must be more.

Would the amount of new weaponsystems allow for whole new content line ?

And just to state: im not sick and tired of AKM, PKM, SU25, BMP2 and all that stuff, as some of it it just the bomb (BMP2^^).

Furthermore...why not a PLA-Storyline...

Or one with the Indian Army (Indias´s got the worlds 3rd biggest army after china and usa i think...right?) ?

Edited by AntalopeAUT

I completely support the Russian Army 2010, we don't often see an ex-sovietic contry fully modelised in a game.

Just imagine : BMPT, BTR-T, Topols, news AKs, Mi-28.. the dream !

Just to get the next faceplam for my collection ^^

How many new Vehicles, Weaponsystems are there for the RedArmy (and pls no modernized T34/85, T72, or whichever the russians seems to evolve continuously as any army in the world do) ?

Su37 is the only one i know of.

But i guess there must be more.

This is a rather strange question..... To try and claim all the Russian military uses other that T-80/72 variants is the su-37 is just generally showing you dont have a clue. Just like the U.S military Russia uses lots of different variants on the same chassis as well as having many many different vehicles. Just type in Russian Army on wikipedia.. You'll have a lot of reading for every branch

It would really be 2013 + army if they do it and it will be better as an expanion like arrowhead and better as independant as u can fight anyone. Maybe PLA next (after this) as OPFOR

This vote shows many ppl want so much more from Russia unlike the other vote which showed "I'd like to see another modernized army become the new OPFOR " option which represents every other OPFOR candidate and is not a proper fair vote since everyone from another country will want there own faction and u can't make so many armies and this is what u vote for no matter which of those countries u like.

Please look at the links below at the inventory lists if u don't know much about the Russian Army

Like i said before Su-25 has to be SM variant, as does Su-27 etc

If su-24 is in it must be Su-24M2, not M etc, etc

Mi-28 has to be in and so does Ka-60

Ground Forces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

Airforce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force

U can also click on the blue vehicles on list and look at variants

Edited by vasmkd

Actually, on second thought: does anyone remember the Toyota Wars mod for OFP? It was fairly well done and really fun to play online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya-Chad_conflict#Toyota_War

I'm thinking if anything, BI can expand the Takistan Indfor storyline through a Toyota Wars like campaign in an area of Takistan (not the current map, but somewhere else in the nation) in which players command a highly mobile group of technicals outfitted with all sorts of weapons (a M47 technical, a AT-13 technical, a ZPU outfitted technical, etc.) in a highly dynamic but long 3 to 4 mission campaign (each mission would represent 3 months). This DLC would also explore the political, economic and moral realities of being a commander in a guerrilla war against a superior force.

This DLC would allow players to control up to the level they feel comfortable controlling: if they are a more laidback player and want instant action without having to command in the field, they can choose to let the AI handle the strategic and tactical considerations of the war and become a "hero" (explained later on) in order to drive around and blow stuff up. If the player is more cerebral, they can try their hands at controlling the strategic aspect of the campaign/mission. If they are a player that is up to the challenge and actually liked warfare missions in the other ArmAII campaigns, they can opt for the tactical route.

Even though you are given a few options to choose from in gameplay, the beauty of this DLC would be to allow the player to alternate and switch from any role at any time.

While the player would take care of the tactical and strategic concerns of the campaign and missions, they would also have the option to become a "hero" (though not in the way other games describe hero: you do not get any perks, your perk is being a superior human player compared to the A.I.) and fight through the battles that are assigned by the player in strategic or tactical control modes.

Players would be able to use something similar to "attachTo" command to modify civilian vehicles with captured cannons and atgm launchers from the field. The difference is, this command would use a pre-defined points in all vehicles to attach weapon systems to (and cut out points in the vehicle where the weapon would need to be put) and regulate and balance it through a points or slots system. This would also allow for the addition of "hillybilly" armor onto vehicles that are not well armored (think the Ural, or a S1203.

This DLC could even allow for "recruitment" of civilians into your cause off the streets into a variety of positions: spies(depending on how you equip them with comms gear like cell phones, radios, etc.) would give away enemy positions, strength and the weapons they have. Spies could also demoralize the enemy through hostile actions.

Partisans could be fighters that can be trained up to snuff, but are initially fighting for a paycheck. They cost more to hire depending on the strength of Taki forces in the area. or whether or not Taki forces have successful reprisal attacks on their village/town/city.

Corrupt politicians/chiefs can hook you up with medical and building supplies, delay Taki army movement by generally being jerks, and offer you shelter and alibis in case things get pear shaped.

Intellectuals/Religious leaders can sour the local attitudes towards Takistani troops in the area and provide higher morale and foreign support for your cause.

Professionals (construction workers, radio engineers, pilots, automotive workers, farmers/herders, doctors, electricians, military personnel, computer programmers, etc.) can speed up and enhance the strength of your vehicles , intelligence gathering and the overall strength of your guerrilla force.

Professional Smugglers/Criminals would facilitate black market purchases of exotic weaponry, commit acts of banditry, rob banks(for money), and cause general disorder

CIA and other foreign intelligence agencies(FSB, Mossad, etc.) would also be highly active in this campaign, giving your force support in exchange for pursuing their agenda. You can choose to appease them and take their advice, or blow them off and deal with the consequences(spec ops teams, drone strikes, cointelpro style operations in your areas of influence, "accidental" leaking of information on your forces to the takistanis, etc.).

I don't know how much of this, if any of this is doable with the current state of the game and the performance issues many users have, and I know this was longwinded suggestion but this was just my .02 cents.

modern russian army is pretty boring imo. a lot of them are using western gear and their native designs are even starting to look american. and they're pretty much covered in arma 2 and sarmat's addons.

russian army circa 1995. now that'll be interesting.